It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two people walking across Golden Gate Bridge hit by blow darts

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

The California Highway Patrol said an officer patrolling the bridge on a bicycle was flagged down Friday by a man who had been hit in the leg. The 5-inch long dart had sunk about two inches into the man’s skin, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

Officials said that as emergency personnel were speaking with the man, a woman approached them and said she had been hit by an identical blow dart in the knee. Both were evaluated by paramedics and released at the scene.

The CHP took both darts as evidence and will have them tested for harmful chemicals, according to the paper. Officers are looking for surveillance video of the attacks.

Source

Well that's something you don't hear everyday, could it be that Johnny Knoxville is filming a new jackass movie in the area? whatever it is what a jackass the one who did it

edit on 14-2-2016 by Indigent because: pic

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Wow! Just wow! What in the frack is wrong with people these days? Hope that they don't test positive for any crazy toxins or otherwise

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Edit: Portion redacted, NewzNose pointed out blow guns are illegal in California.

Advertisement

edit on 14-2-2016 by intrptr because: redaction

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
That's a new one...

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

What is wrong with people these days?!

I hope there was nothing on those darts and I hope they catch the @#$$% who did it.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
At least it didn't happen at the new outside urinal so We can take comfort in that...

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Have been illegal in Ca for years.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Insane! It takes alot of practice to be proficient with
a blow gun. we had to make our darts & practice shooting
at cardboard boxes. These darts were used to tranquilize animals.

Cheers
Ektar

Edit I didn't know you could order a blow gun until reading
the above ad.
edit on 1422016 by Ektar because: left out info

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Oh, right you are…

search

Its silent and potentially deadly, next… bb guns, then rocks, road flares, matches, rakes, shovels, axes, kitchen knives.

They should focus on the crime and criminal, not the brick.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
hope it was not some crazed HIV or HEP patient. Or any other biological agent in the hands of a terrorist.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

It is worrying the lengths some folk will go to.

In school a chewed up piece of paper and a dismantled pen became a weapon. A rubber band, a folded piece of paper, a rubber band and your thumb and index finger could make a weapon. But that was just fun and that was more than a decade ago. Nowadays everything is a weapon because of these fools who improvise weapons for hate.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Doesn't the person have to be relatively close to hit their target with these blow guns, or are they fired using a dart gun? I thought since the increase in terrorism they installed cameras on the Golden Gate Bridge. I would think who ever did this would have been on the bridge at the time.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
If criminals are going to shoot someone with an arrow why do they choose innocent people ? There are plenty who deserve it.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

A failed Cupid?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

HAHAHA good one, it was after all a men and a woman, this cupid wont get his wings today...

---------------------------------------------------------------
Police thinks the darts were shot from a moving car

www.upi.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The dart they used is rather harmless unless perfect shot placement is made and it's a ss needle esentaly so if it was diped in poison not a lot would stay on

I'm not even shure how intentional this was since they make darts for hunting with a broad head on it thoes are practise darts with little mass they rarly get past the skin

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: markovian

The dart they used is rather harmless unless perfect shot placement is made and it's a ss needle esentaly so if it was diped in poison not a lot would stay on

I'm not even shure how intentional this was since they make darts for hunting with a broad head on it thoes are practise darts with little mass they rarly get past the skin

it is possible they used a compressed gas cylinder of some sort in that case. nothing says it had to be a standard blow gun tube.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Sounds like a couple of dumb teenagers just doing things dumb kids do for fun.
But it still has to hurt , say that you can blow a dart at 60 MPH then do it from a car moving at 60 MPH that dart is gonna hit you at least going 120 MPH. ...either way it's gonna hurt. And in Maryland you can buy a blow gun at Walmart.
You can shoot a red wire nut through a piece of half inch PVC and that will sting like a SOB. So I say it's kids being dumb and think it's funny to hurt people, notice that both people were hit in the leg .
If they were trying to kill someone the shots would have been higher up ....

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: NewzNose

Oh, right you are…

search

Its silent and potentially deadly, next… bb guns, then rocks, road flares, matches, rakes, shovels, axes, kitchen knives.

They should focus on the crime and criminal, not the brick.

After reading your post, I imagined contractors in California trying to build houses using Nerf bricks, after a law was passed banning regular bricks.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join