It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YPG attacking rebel held airbase in Northern Syria....Supported by Russian air power....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Kurdish troops now engaged in an attack on Mannagh air base held by "moderate rebels"

WTF is going on?
Seems nobody is coordinated right now...
I would have expected the Kurds and "moderates " to be allies against IS....but the Russians are throwing in air support for them too...with the air support they'll soon over run Mannagh....
The Kurds have come out from under western wings...
I think they now realise that the west doesn't care about a Kurdish state, and they will be thrown under the bus after the fighting is over....despite the fact its the YPG that's done most of the heavy lifting against IS......It looks like they are taking the road to independence very seriously now...
Maybe Russia offered a better deal?
edit on 10-2-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
remember that according to Putin they are all terrorist,you can call them moderate rebels or extreme rebels,Putin calls them all terrorist so anybody that`s willing to kill them will get help from Russian.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus
A week or so ago I heard they may co ordinate with YPG....this proves the pudding....
I would have thought the YPG to be natural allies of the Moderate factions in Syria
This will put a new face on Kurdish /American relations methinks....

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Kurds are maneuvering for independence... they are probably tired of getting the short end of the stick from the US.

the YPG already had a non-aggression agreement with Syria, Russia probably said help us we will recognize a kurdish state... or something to that effect.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
South Front has a report up today on the situation

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

I supposed from there point of view the west is sitting back while the Turk's whom are members of NATO and also trying to gain full memebership in the EU, already an associate member of the EU are attacking them with impunity and no western power is telling the Turk's to stop shelling and murdering the Kurd's so?.

Also the Turks have a long history of Genocide against ethnic minority's such as the Armenians (whom were once not a minority at all - remember though they were not greek orthodox but armenian orthodox they were original members and citizen's of the Byzantine empire) and the Kurd's, the Kurd's have laid claim perhaps wrongly to regions which had once been home to the Armenian's before the Turk's drove them out and it is important not to forget that at time's they too persecuted the Christian Armenians though never as severely as the Turk's but that is not foremost in the Kurd's mind's and they see the west as being less favorable to them than they did before Turkey started it's current internal and cross border offensive against Kurdish fighters and Kurdish political element's within turkey.

Indeed they have perhaps decided to move under the Russian umbrella and try to broker a treatise with Assad rather than face the innevitable Turkish military action against them trapping them between Isis and Turkey, better the Demon they know in the form of Assad and Semi autonomy under his rule than trying for independance and facing possible extermination and for a few minor concession's Assad get's to keep Syria intact while gaining the Kurd's military forces as his allies, probably via the russians as intermediary.

Yes I think I can understand there point (though there claims to land in many regions really are to Armenian ancestral land's not Kurdish land's though after the Armenian holocause those region's today are mainly kurdish by population such as the region around Ararat etc.

edit on 10-2-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

The more Russia discombobulates the situation the easier it is for Assad to cling to power.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yes but over the past 20 year's were the west has interfered it has left the native people of those country in far worse situation then they were under there tyrant dictorship's, also the refugee crisis had been mostly down to this western interferance while only the oil conglomerates had in any way benefited (short term).

I actually see Assad as far more preferable to Isis and he or rather his father did not kill off the syrian christian's, rape there woman or enslave them did he, just terrorised his whole country with his military police state equally, an equal opportunity's dictator.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

The west has not interfered with Syria aside from trying to prevent its nuclear weapons program (Israel destroyed their reactor a few years back), its chemical weapons program (hidden in their case), ending Syrian occupation of Lebanon and countering its support of terror groups like hamas and hezbullah not to mention its refusal to acknowledge Israel (who was willing to return the golan heights in exchange for a peace treaty).

Research how many engagements the Syrian army has had with isis. Research how many engagements the syrian government had with non isis groups. The lack of interest in fighting isis by Syrian government forces ranks up their with Russia's lack of interest in fighting isis.

Trying to blame everything on the west / US is not supported by facts.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I actually agree with preventing third world nation's, especially unstable one's from attaining nuclear weapon's, indeed no one should have them but they do as we know, north korea for instance, even Oman or Saudi, remember the whole scandal in which cameron may be implicated were some deactivated warheads from south africa disappeared from an UNGAURDED site in Oman while they were being shipped for disposal, Oh and another person involved was one Doctor David Kelly, you know the guy whom was assassinated to keep him silent about the whole Iraq Weapons of mass destruction lie.

wikispooks.com...
thecolemanexperience.wordpress.com... and-the-mysterious-deaths-of-christopher-shale-and-david-kelly/

It is not about preventing them from gaining the Nuclear bomb, I wish it was, it is about money, control and power for a small elite group of criminal's whom had dragged our own western nations into the gutter, Cameron should be in prison for the rest of his life for treason, breaking international convention (though he was merely the broker and representative on behalf of Thatchers government in there behind the scene's deal) yet he is running the country now?, what the hell give's.

As for Syria you do know they are a russian Ally and have been for a great many decade's with a mutual treatise which russia is obliged to obey to protect it's ally whom also happen's to be the home of the russian mediterean navel base.
If it was our ally how would we react.
You do know we are in the wrong and should never have gotten involved, Syria was stable with Isreal and no longer posing a current threat despite the status of technically still being at war with Isreal and if we did get involved we should have done so only by protecting Isreal.

By the way I am pro Isreali so do not get me wrong, isreal has a right to defend itself even if that mean's sometimes' through agressive interventions in it's near neighbour's, especially when they are developing weapon's of mass destruction.

For that matter whom do you think the Saudi's are pointing that old South african bomb at, Iran or Israel.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Which is the whole point of Russian's interference in Syria. To help the legal government.

I would say they are doing a great job.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Dictatorships arent lawful governments. Try again.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Neither are paid Saudi Mercinaries...or ISIS

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
Neither are paid Saudi Mercinaries...or ISIS

?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Like many stories in the west , there is always that minute element of deniability and so the true story gets spun ,twisted ,ignored if and until it can be brought out and re framed to fit the western propaganda war . ie. CNN the news outlet you can trust lol

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

And while we get reports in the west from the MSM spin doctors we see what the facts on the ground can tell us .US bombs Aleppo and blames Russia .
We knew or at least some did that peace talks would not work out for the wests plan for Syria and so those stopped before even starting and it must have been decided to turn up the heat to be able to respond in some kind of a R2P way to get the results . We see Turkey at the ready to enter in we see the Saudi's using similar talk ...We also see Russia at the ready and on many fronts ....Someone in the back rooms are thinking to themselves " go ahead punk ,make my day " ....

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Western media say this conflict is between many sides infighting each other, but from Russia/Syria/Iran view there are only 2 sides. Sunni who want Sunni Sharia state/Wahabbi(IS/Saudi Arabia) and those who want secular state that does include Sunni also.

Show me where the majority of Shia, Christian, Kurd, Yaszidi that side for the rebels against Assad are, for this to be called a democratic uprising against Assad? It is a Sunni uprising where IS was invited to fight for a only Sunni state and not even all Sunni in Syria support it.

It is like if the fundamental Christians in US started an uprising to remove all people of other faith including atheists because the county should not be Secular but a Christian Country.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

We see the Russians attacking ISIS convoys while the are on the open road. Something the US wouldn't do while ISIS was spreading from town to town. Not sure why.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Which is the whole point of Russian's interference in Syria. To help the legal government.

I would say they are doing a great job.

Well it is what it is and came from where it came from but I wouldn't adorn it with the "legal" cleaner.
edit on 11-2-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Die Anstalt.

<<   2 >>

join