It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Submachine Guns in Use at Logan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
HMMM.... lets see... Fully auto weapons being deployed in one of the worlds most crowded airports... and we already have proof that the average officer does good to score a 30% hit ratio from shots fired....

This does not fill me with confidence.

BOSTON, MA, June 12 - State police at Logan Airport added some heavy firepower to their arsenal today.

A specially-trained unit will begin carrying submachine guns, making Logan the first airport in the country to deploy automatic weapons. Such heavy weaponry is not at all unusual in other airports around the world. Massport purchased 30 of the guns for 25-hundred dollars each. It's part of an overall strategy to prevent terrorism at Logan, where two planes were hijacked on September 11th and flown into the twin towers of the World Trade Center.

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Fully auto weapons being deployed in one of the worlds most crowded airports... and we already have proof that the average officer does good to score a 30% hit ratio from shots fired....

Next thing you know we'll have to wear bullet-proof vests just to go to the airport. LOL

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It's finally nice to see that some airport security is stepping up to what the rest of the world is doing (and has been doing for quite some time).

A long time ago I traveled through France and Switzerland... Two things really stuck with me... One were several mounted machine guns on armoured vehicles at the French/Swiss border and the other was a heavily armed patrol unit randomly pulling people aside to inspect IN THE JETWAY as we boarded the plane. They didn't f*ck around like security over here does...

I have no problem with big guns enforcing security. I just wish they did that up here at the Canadian/US border. Security has barely been tightened since 9/11 and what there is in place could be considered a complete joke.

[Edited on 14-6-2003 by tacitblue]

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Under the circumstances sounds reasonable as long as those authorized have been certified beyond any shadow of doubt.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I don't know about you but I would feel much safer without the use of machines guns at airports.

This of course is all in the name of terror or so they say..... or so they say..... or so they say. Echo Echo Echo

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Doesn't bother me; I always take the bus.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Doesn't bother me; I always take the bus.

LMAO!!
Great Answer.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Yeah, automatic rifles, a great idea. No trigger discipline required, just empty a magazine a see who drops.

Not the best idea to me, but if it gives everyone the warm and fuzzies, fine. I just hope the Barney Fife doesn't have to use it.

top topics

join