It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I grow weary of this eternal weather and lack of sunshine. I am angry about everything right now.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I have nothing to complain about other than the British weather, it's not really all that bad just a bit cold and rainy but it makes my back and neck hurt.

I am sick and tired of this half arsed weather and the way it makes everybody feel, It's not brutal just crappy. I find myself wishing it was really bad so my feelings could be justified, give me 6 feet of snow and no power and I could deal with that but all we have is some rain and a bit of wind. In the local news earlier a power cable came down and everyone went "whoooo"

But in truth it is just February in England. Never bad enough to be bad but enough to just piss you off. And the fan belt went on the car yesterday and when I ordered a new one and dismantled the car to replace it the local shop ordered the wrong one and I had to put the car back together again to repeat tomorrow.

And one of my mates dog died and another mate collapsed at work through stress and another freind is upset at the breakdown of his relationship and the central heating is playing up.

Oh and my back is killing me did I mention that? and it's raining and I hate my Job...

Rants are great because by the time you have written them you realise how silly they are and feel better and by the time you get to respond you are almost regretting it and apologetic. Oh woe is me, I have had a bit of a half crappy day and need to get it off my chest...

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
Buy one of those hats with the anti SAD lights in the brim.....
Bundle up warm and comfy with a good book, and make a spot of tea with a good dollop of Glen Fidiche in it....
Take two asprins and call back in the morning...Good Luck with that.............

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Feel better about yourself, the crappy weather prevents mosquitoes, so live in UK in a never ending grim weather or move to the caribean with sunny beaches 24/7 and enjoy dengue, malaria and all those other more obscure tropical diseases.

Grim weather, having diarrhea 150 days a year, you decide

edit on 9-2-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Break something of yours that you really like.
Afterwards, you will feel better.
And you will look at things differently the next time.
Try it, it really works.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Break something of yours that you really like.
Afterwards, you will feel better.
And you will look at things differently the next time.
Try it, it really works.

I used to own a banjo and could play pretty well. There was a time I should have worked to earn money and I did not.

I sold my banjo to teach myself a lesson even though everyone said not to but I was adamant. I needed to learn a lesson and sold it to pay for things that I could have worked for.

I loved that banjo and still hate myself for selling it.

I have not learned my lesson and do not have a banjo, I am rubbish at teaching myself lessons.

And do not have a banjo. I really loved that banjo...

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Better to get it out than bottle it up. Points for that.
If that doesn't help do what butcher guy suggested, break something(s).

Take a break in the break room...

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It's effing dark and depressing, and we know it.

I haven't felt so depressed in a very long time. Spring is around the corner though, come on, bring it on.

Warm summer days to follow.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

We had sun here today for over an hour!! It was very exciting - it's nearly Spring (can't wait for 2 hours of sun a day!!)
You sound like you're burnt out. It's maybe time to start saving up for a banjo...

edit on 9-2-2016 by beansidhe because: bad spelling

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Steady on, no need for hyperbole yet.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
83 and sunny here (28 Celsius) and I'm loving it.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

British weather would do me in for sure, and I live in Chicago. I totally understand the weather thing. This winter has been practically devoid of snow (1 big one in mid-November), another moderate one, and a couple of an inch or less. Each has melted in turn completely before another fell. The temperatures have been relatively mild. A few really cold days (-20C) but mostly just warm enough to mean 3 muddy-pawed dogs and 2 kids (1 & 3) with very little interest in playing outside where it's cold and not-snowy.

I felt far less "stuck in the house" last year with record snowfalls and lots of extreme cold days. At least there was reason to go outside, even if it was just to clear the driveway day after day.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

One can dream and hopefully experience.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Every year I get over excited about the summer, only to experience drizzly grey. No, that's not true, I got sunburned once in 2003.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I have nothing to complain about other than the British weather

Gorgeous blue skies and full sun for the last two days here on my patch of the coast, was working outside in tee shirt n shorts today lol

Sorry fella, only teasing and hope things get better whatever it is, coz its true that most of us smile when the sun does.
...you should move, hasn't dropped below freezing down here, then I look at the forecasts in Scotland and northern England to remind myself how better it is down here.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

Okay, at least in England. 😜

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

From what I understand, its the misty rain of Celtic lands that keeps the rolling hills green and the ancient forests thick and dark.

LOL

I have never been to England but the weather in northern Spain can form a micro climate just like it due to the mountains. The pale legs, the runny noises, the general shock and discomfort of transitioning from a dry warm interior to the cold wet exterior as you go about your business day in and day out....

Remember though,

Its good for the pastures, at least it does make for fat happy cows and lots of dairy products./

edit on 2 9 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It's snowing here again. If you want, you can have it.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I appreciate and agree with your sentiment!! Weather here has been milder than normal, but also grayer than normal, and it is pressing in on me too.

2 weeks ago, it was 60 degrees here, and now back to just-below-freezing... makes my head ache, my joints ache, my soul ache, LOL.

Hang in there, we're hanging with you!

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
When I feel like you do I buy a plane ticket to Cancun, it's amazing what a few days of sunshine, topless beaches, and tequila will do for a mans outlook on life. I can always pay for it on time over the next few months.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Cheer up Ol Chap. Why do'nt you do like 15 million + British have done before you, and come down to the sunny climes of Orstraliya.
No Dengee fever, No exotic diseases, Eternal Sunshine and Joy, clean air, wide open spaces, the Milky Way at night, no pollution and especially, no Ni**as or Arabs....there are more N's in England than the Whole of Oz.
Your pound is worth double the $, we speak English, play cricket and rugby and soccer and drive on the correct side of the road.
What more could you want?, Oh and its full of attractive women (or men if you like)...

Ah, another mid 30c day today (80ish to you), fine, Sunny, bikini babes..........might crack a coldy now......

top topics

<<   2 >>

join