It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So spiders are now catching snakes...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco
It's not cruelty if it is simply such buggers. Larger animals as your examples were are a whole separate issue.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Zoosadism towards insects is also exhibited by some. The classic example of this subvariety of "schoolyard viciousness" is the child who pulls off a fly's wings.

Usually torturing animals is a precursor to later psychopathy, although it's typically towards mammals or birds and not insects.

Animal cruelty is particularly demonized because it's correlated with mental illness and violence toward others. It's regarded more harshly than is standard schoolyard bullying because in reality, harming an animal is probably more about the harm itself (not anger, just the ability to cause pain) than harming another child verbally or physically is, and usually signifies a greater level of detachment.

If you try to kill an insect it will run or fly away. That shows at some level the insect values its life and does not wish to die.

"All beings tremble before violence. All fear death. All love life. See yourself in other. Then whom can you hurt

Empathy

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Actually I'd argue it is simply instinct to run or fly away rather than some sort of desire which humanizes them. As a semi serious retort I will be sure to notify police of anyone I see swatting a pesky fly or mosquito; notifying that there may be a mentally ill and psychotic person on the loose.

Also, a response to your quote, which you never ended so is "Empathy" a part of it? AS response though, fear and love, that quote incorrectly humanizes basic beings.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

No need to call the police for fly swatting

I would respond to your points but don't want to derail the thread anymore than has been.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I almost feel the thread won't continue so it won't matter, but you are right we should stop. Perhaps one day a thread will be made based on our topic.

Oh, no need? I already called cops on like...six people. Whoops.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join