It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experts Believe Hobby Lobby Stole Biblical Antiquities From Iraq. Here’s Why.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

well, maybe fox news is a more suitable source for yas...

www.foxnews.com...

Others called Hobby Lobby’s reported claim that the tablets were hand-crafted “tiles” worth just $300 a piece “ludicrous.”

The tablets could be worth anywhere from $2,000 to $30,000 each, according to Amr Al-Azm, an associate professor Middle East History and Anthropology in the Department of Social Sciences at Shawnee State University.

And calling the tablets “tiles” is comparable to labeling ancient books as tiles, because they are both square shaped, said Eric Meyers, an archaeologist and director of the graduate program in religion at Duke University. He estimated that ISIS reaps up to $100 million a year by selling plundered artifacts on the black market.

Under Iraqi law, cultural heritage is the property of the state, with antiquities recognized as "national treasures” and anyone who removes them from the country is a thief. This can in turn trigger a legal claim in the United States, as well as the United Kingdom, that would allow Iraq to recover them. And it could likewise expose any sellers, dealers, or purchasers to criminal penalties.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Ah yeah, that is much better dawn and you now have earned my respect as well as a S&F...

I believe that link at Fox reveals the real motive behind this event and I applaud you for that.

It looks to me like Obama's ass whooping in the Supreme Court is what triggered this whole thing....

Supreme Court rules against Obama in contraception case

Supreme Court exempts Hobby Lobby from Obamacare

This is CLEARLY the Obama Administration getting revenge on Hobby Lobby.

Feds Probe Hobby Lobby Owner Over Imported Antiquities

Fight the Obama administration, get a federal criminal investigation. The hallmark of the Obama administration is the willingness to harness the coercive power of the regulatory state to the political desires of the administration. If you cheer for them, you are rewarded. If you remain silent you may be allowed to remain unmolested for the time being.

If you oppose them in any way you are liable to feel the full force of their boot on your neck. You cheer them and you are rewarded. You oppose them and you are punished. Now the feds are after the founders of Hobby Lobby, the Green family, over the importation of “cultural heritage” from Iraq.

Obama administration targets Hobby Lobby founders for prosecution

More Gibson type harrassment. Bureaucratic bullying is this administration’s middle name. “Revenge” Yep. I wouldn’t put it past the 0bama admin to have clandestinely lured Green into doing this, as revenge, yes.

Is this similar to the Gibson Guitar persecution? Long expensive investigation no charges filed? Nothing to do with law enforcement just lefty harassment. They dared to disagree with THE WON.

Obama nemesis Hobby Lobby probed for allegedly buying black market biblical items

The hatred and persecution of Christians in America grows. The target in this story is the Green family, who have run Hobby Lobby as a successful model of a Christian business. The family also successfully challenged Obamacare, with the Supreme Court ruling in the Green’s favor. Perhaps the last straw for a tyrannical, anti-Christian American government was the giant Museum of the Bible built by the Greens and scheduled to open in 2017 in Sodom and … er … Washington, D. C. Oppose Obamacare? There’s a motive for persecution. The Greens fought and won.

Obama’s Revenge: Hobby Lobby Christian Founder’s Family Under Federal Investigation Over Biblical Artifacts

Green, whose family-owned Hobby Lobby company clashed bitterly with the Obama administration over federal health care laws that required it to cover reproductive services... The Greens took on the Obama administration previously in the U.S. Supreme Court case Burwell v. Hobby Lobby. In a June, 2014 decision, the high court allowed the company an exemption to the Obamacare healthcare mandate on religious grounds from providing certain kinds of contraception.

Obama nemesis Hobby Lobby probed for allegedly buying black market biblical items

edit on Feb000000Tue, 09 Feb 2016 00:45:58 -060012am29Tue, 09 Feb 2016 00:45:58 -060020164509 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

so, obama bought a few hundred tablets, lied about what they were and what they were worth, and had then shipped to hobby lobby!!! ya that's a good one!!! Except..... I do believe that I read where hobby lobby admitted that they bought the tablets ....... they just made an error about the value...

but continue on....

edit on 9-2-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Speaking of lies and errors...

George Soros' "expert" didn't say they bought them, he said that they STOLE them.

So which is it?

I see no reason whatsoever to believe a single word that comes out of Soros' mouth OR the mouth of his puppet in chief...

Why anyone else does is a complete mystery to me.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
So, let me get this straight.

Hobby Lobby's owners are opening a bible thumper museum.

Hobby Lobby's owners have been purchasing biblical artifacts.

Some of these artifacts quite possibly may have been stolen and sold by terrorists.

Ergo, Christians are technically -- and literally here -- funding terrorists?

L.M.F.A.O, how Christ-like of them, eh? XD

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

none of what you posted made any sense what so ever.

next

People who buy these artifacts in the west are funding terrorism, thus supporting it.

The ironic thing about it I guess is it Christians buying them?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
If I Remember correctly, the first day Americans troops entered Baghdad in 2003 the national museum was plundered, blame ISIS all you want but a much more insidious force was the one that started it all, including ISIS (if you guessed America you are correct)

Uhh, ISIS didnt exist back then per se. The looting was done by the Iraqis themselves .

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Who are they really stealing it from? The government of Iraq? The people? That's like saying I "stole" an abandoned, half starved , mangey dog who was about to get run over.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Well the original source material IS ThinkProgress, so you automatically have to wear blinders in order to believe it ver batim.

This is the website that also reported that heat was melting street lamps due to Global Warming. They only left out the part about the big dumpster fire right underneath the lamps in question.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I guess they could not buy them and let them get destroyed like else of historical value in the Middle East. Or private collectors could buy them and put in their filthy, evil rich basements somewhere where only they can look at them.

At least they are going in a museum, and those who can get over their instant antipathy of all things religious can go and see them.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

That's like saying I "stole" an abandoned, half starved , mangey dog who was about to get run over.

Abandoned dogs don't have much value except for use in asking for donations to a ASPCA.

I believe they would use stock answer number 3, "What would Jesus do". I bet a thick coating of paint will be applied over the law breaking part since laws are not for corporations to follow it they are a conflict.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

At least they are going in a museum, and those who can get over their instant antipathy of all things religious can go and see them.

Free admission? Or will some cash need to change hands. I doubt this isn't a money making project.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

what would never had happened if saddam was in power...

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: Gothmog

what would never had happened if saddam was in power...

You got it.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
So, The Met and Smithsonian have never purchased historical artifacts for their museums?

If these are illegal, however, perhaps they will be returned to their rightful place, once these wars are over, although doubtful there will be a museum left standing in which to return them.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Oh gee, someones crying foul...the British Museum or the Smithsonian missed out the plunder this time around...boohoo

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Oh gee, someones crying foul...the British Museum or the Smithsonian missed out the plunder this time around...boohoo

Someone's crying foul? Are you talking about me 'behind my back' on the same thread? lol. Well aren't you the sneaky one. ( I'm sure nobody else noticed.)

I'm making a point that seems to have slightly more substance than yours. Or do you have something of value to say and I missed it?

Museums buy historical artifacts. Period. If this was an illegal purchase, or negotiation with a terrorist group, then obviously they should be returned. If an investigation has been in progress for four years, then evidence is not clear.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Due to your avatar picture, everyone is "talking behind your back" ..

I agree with your sentiments here

And good morning

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

everyone is "talking behind your back

That was pretty cute Tech. Ditto on the good morning. : )

eta: I'm just wondering, however, how Americans might negotiate a business deal with ISIS. Did they send a representative to make the deal in person? What a brave soul! Did they buy it on Ebay?
Did they follow up on an advertisement from one of the terrorists sites, make a bid, and then ISIS was trusting enough to go ahead and send the artifacts, while awaiting the money transfer? Or did Hobby Lobby send the money first, expecting ISIS to honor their agreement and follow up by sending the Artifacts?

Oh, or maybe someone smuggled them into the country, and they were purchased from here.

It's a complicated transaction methinks. I'm curious about the logistics of how that works.

eta: Oh, answered my own question. Looted artifacts are being smuggled in, (by none other than smugglers) and It is up to the purchaser to provide documentation that the material hasn't been looted. This can sometimes require an expensive investigation for the purchaser and can be difficult to ascertain. So, who knows. If they are found to be looted, then they will have perhaps a safe haven until Iraq can house them safely.
edit on 2/9/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

and..... I get the feeling that even if it's found that this is exactly what they are doing, some among the ATS crowd will be defending the actions.

who knows they might even start a "please don't fine Hobby Lobby" petition. After all it seems to be the rage these days... some people should oh, I don't know, be allowed to break all kinds of laws, as long as their intentions are good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join