It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African American Student Trump Volunteer: Did He Experience Racism?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

A young black man decided to join Trump's campaign to see for himself if Trump's campaign is as racist as he's been told by the MSM. According to him, he didn't experience outright racism, no one called him any derogatory names, but what he did experience was what he calls micro aggression's.

Working for Trump he concludes Trump's campaign promises are ignorant and xenophobic.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

How is one able to tell if a so called "micro-aggression" is due to the color of one's skin, integrity of one's character, or level of one's intelligence?

Sounds like bs to me. He went looking for racism and found it.

My advice to this kid: go watch the latest season of south park.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: anon29

That could very well be true but it could very well be what he says is exactly what he experienced, or a mix of both.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Looks like another amateur Hollywood scripted production from the Young Jerks !!!

Clever how they inch in through a side door.

Very effective technique.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

a mix of both.

My suspicion.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

We all completely expected a response like this from you. Unless it leans hard to the right, everything is a conspiracy.

Well, now the burden of proof is on you to prove this is all a scripted event. If you cannot prove this then it looks really bad on you for belittling his adventure working for the Trump campaign.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Just because I didn't see it , in the back of my mind it was there. They were to nice , so there for

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Actually I was complimenting the effort.

I don't know who's campaign this is coming from however.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Compliments? Mmmk.

You don't know whose campaign this is coming from? Elaborate.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

This is something I dont yet understand entirely.

I agree with him on his take of rump and his supporters. Specifically here, in that context of Trumps campaign message, he is right. It appeals to a demographic by playing off that demographics fears.

Where I start to cringe is when his micro detection meter is going off.

The entire concept excludes the fact that some people will absolutely not like you and that their dislike of you can be sparked by more things than race.

If this whole micro aggression thing were true then off the wall cops would be right with their over reactions, homophobes would be right, xenophobes would be....because the opponents of these groups could be perceived as having flirted with them while asking for directions, acted menacingly while being questioned, or because they spoke about their religion which takes up 90% of their life and consequently is all they know how to talk about, so they are trying to force convert you.

The whole ability to weed out micro aggression seems more like opinion and pseudo psychology and less so like a valid thing to say about such a real issue like real racism and its very serious nature.

It seems so typical of the evolution of cultural extremism and sadly every new generation born after its creation.

Trumps whole campaign is built on fears founded by such evidence as perceived micro aggression against traditional America. You see its not just a left or right tactic dealing with ethics or morality. Its human BS to make ourselves seem vindicated in a victim /martyr death culture.

How trotted upon are our values or our rights.....right? You see, to a leftist I would say our rights are under siege. I would declare a superior ethical ground for my argument based on social responsibility against such "aggressions". If the conservative right is my audience I would say our values are threatened. I would declare a moral argument that elevates my cause to one of biblical proportions.

All the language already exists and is well drilled into our minds. One need only mention a threat, declare the aggressive enemy made less human in light of your own awesomeness and TADA!, you have a loyal following. Enemies /opponents beware.

We all think we are being crucified by someone. We think every instance of discord we do not favor as being motivated by something unjust and unfairly out of our control. Like mortality itself, perhaps in echo of it...We live in a martyr /death culture.

Trump is just the latest to use a system of governance and power that is well developed in us all.

Respect to all journeys but thats where I am at now with all this. This is all social programming.

edit on 2 6 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
So it's completely bogus since there is no such thing as micro agressions.
It was probably hard for him being around people who treated him as an equal.
"Micro Aggresion" only exists in the mind of the person experiencing it. It says more about the person complaining of it. These people should be avoided.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

You think he's harboring some resentments?

But what he says is probably true; his presence probably was resented by the largely White mess of Trump supporters. They don't trust him, and why should they, its pretty obvious he's came to the party pre-judging them as racists.

They avoid eye contact? In some of the large urban areas, making eye contact will get you killed.

So, little black Snowflake learns to stay on his side of the street with his Democrat pals and his BLM agitators. That's just the way it is in the US today. What I don't think Snowflake and his ilk understand that's fundamentally true is that so many white people, people like those that support Trump, don't care if Snowflake is offended by micro aggressions; they don't care if Snowflake thinks they are racist. They don't care Snowflake feels disrespected. This is true for 2 reasons, 1) its no hurt on them and 2) they believe and know Snowflake is just as racist as they are.

That being true, what Snowflake and the BLM people need to realize that getting in white people's faces about their problems and their problems with white people is utterly pointless and just drives the divide ever further. If they've got a problem, they need to look for redress from their crappy government. In other words.............don't tell the average white guy on the street, Tell it to Obama and his minions.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

If Trump loses Harlem, I will leave one million in your mailbox.

If he wins, will you owe me two million.

Deal?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I'm really sick of this term 'micro-aggression' and it being used as evidence of racism. I deal with people I consider rude every single day. If somebody doesn't hold a door, or acknowledge when I do, should I catalog it and build a database of these 'micro-aggressions' as evidence of something? Should I rather consider that some people have a different idea of courtesy?

Pathetic. People suck sometimes. We should deal with real racism instead of pandering to people who are so desperate to prove racism that they find it everywhere.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Microaggressions:

Acts or words that are perceived to be insulting by a person who is looking to be insulted, whether or not that was the intent of the transgressor. Usually a symptom of a persecution complex. (n)

Microagression:

Supposedly, a microagression is when you do something offensive in a small innocuous way. In practice it's what happens whenever a white/straight/male does anything, ever. So basically, it's an excuse for liberals to be angry for no reason.

White Privilege:

The racist idea that simply being white benefits people in some unexplainable way, and that discriminating against white people is not only okay, but enlightened and necessary.

The excuse some extremists use to justify pretty much any level of racism, as long as it is coming from people of color.

edit on 6-2-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

so someone who goes into a situation expecting racism finds nothing.Yet still concludes the people are xenophobic and ignorant.

definition of micro aggression: Psychologist Derald Wing Sue defines microaggressions as "brief, everyday exchanges that send denigrating messages to certain individuals because of their group membership."[6] Sue describes microaggressions as generally happening below the level of awareness of well-intentioned members of the dominant culture.

so the political left leaning kid which could be considered part of a dominate group"democrat" is saying they are not racist just xenophobic and ignorant and doesn't see the hypocrisy of him using micro-aggression to describe certain individuals ie trumps campaign people. LOL what a moron.

Its like these kids learn the big words but not the concepts behind them

Sue describes microaggressions as including statements that repeat or affirm stereotypes about the minority group or subtly demean it.
Lets see affirm stereotypes about trump hes a racist ok he isnt but hes ignorant and a xenophobic aka subtly demean it.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
So basically this guy joined Trumps campaign looking for a confrontation, and when it didn't go as planned he just made up one in his head? Sounds like a typical Libtard to me.

Big miss Swills, big miss.
edit on 6-2-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like another amateur Hollywood scripted production from the Young Jerks !!!

Clever how they inch in through a side door.

Very effective technique.

Lol whats wrong with tyt? How is it scripted. When tyt is the only unscripted news source

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
"Going in, I thought they were Extra Terrestrials...I had no proof but wanted to know. They didn't speak in a weird language, but they came close. One of them looked like he had a laser gun and anti gravity suit...I don't know. It was subtle...they didn't really tell me I would be assimilated...but I know they were Aliens"

~This kid

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
"Micro" aggressions are better than violent aggressions such as those experienced by Bill Clinton volunteers...

-Christosterone

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join