It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton's Unclassified Emails About Fukushima...(Why does anyone trust the US government?)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Gothmog

Sure I remember Chernobyl I was around when it happened. However what has that to do with radiation on the west coasts or in Alaska or Hawaii? We have private companies that are keeping an eye out. I don't believe the people on the coast are relying on government info.
Anyway I'm not sure if the topic is emails or radiation that has infiltrated the country so I'm backing out of the thread.
Thanks for the info.

It seems to me that the subject of the thread is the contents of the emails, with the added query as to whether or not we trust our government with the information relating to said contents.

You know, as stated in the title of the thread?

Backing out because you can't legitimately dispute facts being presented you mean.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: lostbook

Lying to the people. It's government's stock-and-trade. Remember 911? Remember the Administration and EPA saying the air was fine? There was no danger to people. And then what did we find out? That is was a bald-faced lie. First responders started dying, people in the area started getting ill. Look at Flint Michigan? Government only cares about itself. Never forget that.

Yep, and that's just a tiny sample.
From Atomic testing, Tuskeegee, CIA tests, Kennedy to Agent Orange and Nam to Iran.....the list is so alarmingly long that I can't understand why anyone would trust the government on what is or isnt safe.
edit on 6-2-2016 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah, can't get much more "from the horses mouth" than this without having the actual email forwarded to one's own email address.

Of course, I'm not looking at the registration date of this poster...

Creeping supportism at work.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I'm sorry but I didn't get a link I got a download. Maybe it's my device?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The links work fine. Both are to the U.S. State Department website.

Are you in the U.S.?

Maybe cell phones won't open links?

Maybe some countries are blocking U.S. Government websites?

Clever.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Anway, leak from last night means it is hitting us about now. I am not going outdoors for a while.

That was written by someone writing from Japan, which means that the radiation precautions are not directed towards residents of the United States. The cover up of the radiation leak was on the part of the Japanese government; this is what made it a State Department issue. Should the United States accuse an allied government of lying? At what point would America's national security be at risk? No wonder the rest of the emails are still classified.

Still, I have to admire the concept behind this little piece of rant mongering: Hillary + Fukushima = Internet firestorm.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Gosh why so mean? From the title it could be clinton emails or fukashima radiation or trust in the government That and then the thread opens with a statement from Obama.
Apparently questions are discouraged.
And since you mentioned it what has my joining date to do with anything? It's not my date of birth or anything. Eisenhower was president when I was born.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Yes I'm in the U.S.. Right outside of D.C. as a matter of fact. Weird I only got PDF files.Well thanks anyway. Must be my device. ????

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The links work fine. Both are to the U.S. State Department website.

Are you in the U.S.?

Maybe cell phones won't open links?

Maybe some countries are blocking U.S. Government websites?

Clever.

I'm not using a cell phone. I'm on a tablet. But I've got a PC in the other room I could try on that.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Nearly every university on the west coast tested the waters and fish for radiation from Fukushima...it's been massively debunked. Even though Hilary Clinton is sketchy and been accused of many things, knowing the Fukushima claims mostly put out by Russia Today has been debunked by scientists, you should be suspicious of the source in the OP.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yes try a pc.

Make sure your browser can open pdf files (add on?).

The government files are in pdf format for universal consistency.

The article(s) from the thread are using the same emails released by the State Dept.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
lets hope america never has a nuclear accident at say three mile island or, ever tests a nuclear weapon at say white sands, the uneducated would have you believe armageddon was happening.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

Let's hope there's never a group of American's called downwinders or that further study is done to determine whether or not TMI had any appreciable affect on residents health.

Oh, wait...

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Profusion

The forwarded email originated from someone named "Martin Edelman." Who was he, what did he actually know about the situation on the ground in Japan, and what are his qualifications to give that advice? If we can't answer those questions, the email proves nothing about anything.

ETA: Also, what does this have to do with trusting the government?

Shhh.. let them have their misinformed prejudices reinforced endlessly by each other..
/slinks out of forum.. /shudder

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Let's hope there's never a group of American's called downwinders or that further study is done to determine whether or not TMI had any appreciable affect on residents health.

That study was from 1997. Here is a more recent one from the same publication:

Although the surveillance within the TMI cohort provides no consistent evidence that radioactivity released during the nuclear accident has had a significant impact on the overall mortality experience of these residents, several elevations persist, and certain potential dose-response relationships cannot be definitively excluded.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

And an even more recent one:

CONCLUSION:
Increased cancer risks from low-level radiation exposure within the TMI cohort were small and mostly statistically non-significant. However, additional follow-up on this population is warranted, especially to explore the increased risk of leukemia found in men.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Just so that everyone knows, we have a Fuk thread here that has most of the information we have been able to assemble to date:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: matadoor
yes..and some people may be surprised at how real this is.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
a reply to: Profusion

I know there are many people who claim they will leave the country if so and so is elected and it's usually just big talk.

If Clinton gets elected I will very seriously consider leaving this country. If she is elected it says a great deal about this country. There isn't any question that she is rotten to the core, how is she even a contender? It's insanity.

I have never been one to make empty threats or promises but I too am seriously considering moving abroad if Clinton is elected. This country is on the brink of collapse imo, just look at what's going on in Flint. This is the tip of the iceberg that we are headed straight for. Cities and state governments are just about spent when it comes to making it look like they are still viable. Truth is the money was gone long ago.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

The forwarded email originated from someone named "Martin Edelman." Who was he, what did he actually know about the situation on the ground in Japan, and what are his qualifications to give that advice? If we can't answer those questions, the email proves nothing about anything.

ETA: Also, what does this have to do with trusting the government?

And

So neither of them were actually in Japan? And the email was forwarded, so it was presumably not "inside information."

Your words.

So first you question whether or not the information is legitimate and it's source is in Japan, then you want to complain that the information is from a source that is in Japan.

Is that about the size of it?

The advice this person was giving is sound and reasonable. and in their words, "not too onerous." I happen to agree with his precautions.

The problem I have is that Fukushima Daiichi has been downplayed, under reported, lied about, and in all other ways made to seem to have been just a normal run of the mill accident that you might have if you were to back into a telephone pole.

There is nothing further from the truth. This is the worst disaster we've yet to experience because it will be dangerous for longer than we have recorded history of human kind.

Simply put, unless your thinking along timeframes in which all of civilization could fall (think something like the great bottleneck, and then re rise again, you are too short sighted. How do you communicate the dangers of nuclear waste and 3 molten cores to people who would not recognize our writings or symbolism?

The picture our government and Japan's has painted of Fukushima bears little to no resemblance to the truth of the matter.

No, you won't be glowing in the dark. But you just might inhale a bit of the aerosolized (think particles the size of smoke) MOX core from reactor 3 without ever knowing about it until years and years later when your doctor finds a lump in one of your lungs.

Or nothing may ever occur to you, you never know.

Fukushima was a disaster from before they ever broke ground.

The way it's been handled since leaves me no confidence that nothing bad will come of it.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Ok sorry for the delay. I went to the state department website here www.state.gov...
But I can't find the email files or even a mention of them. Links to other sites in other posts seem to work ok. No PDF files just regular websites that can be navigated normally. I'm stumped.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join