It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Gravity Outlawed?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I don't think there's much in anti-gravity unless there's sufficient proof of negative energy. (There was the Ning Li device, but she and her work disappeared quickly didn't it? Odd... So there might have been something.) But that is still only one way to look at it.

However I think there may still be ways to manipulate gravity other than having just a large mass be present. It rests on the principle that in the bigger scheme mass and energy are equivalent. So if energy is manipulated in the right way, it may act the same as a mass. Thus you have the effects of producing acceleration, etc.

The one thing I could think of that presents a problem to "those in charge" isn't necessarily that gravity keeps us from escaping their rent-seeking basis of power (or at least that's not all of it), but rather if that field of technology developed it would bring branches of development that provide insight into more optimal mass-energy conversion. Fission and fusion are currently hard (given resources needed or current approaches), but imagine if there was some shortcut that could trigger various aneutronic nuclear reactions or reduce the ceiling for better known ones? Cheap energy is one aspect of that, but like any other tool in existance I don't doubt that it could be weaponized.

So what is all that black-budget stuff for? Much is supposed to be for technological superiority, but there is only so much that can be done with computers or existing (known) approaches at doing stuff. And that much shouldn't only be overhead for stuff like spy-ops, as that would be the biggest scam ever considering the cost of it. So there may be something there.

I wouldn't say any technology in regards to gravity or mass-energy conversion is outright outlawed, as that would give it credence. (Look at nuclear weapons and the related proliferation once it was known to exist along with the underlying principles.) Rather any attempts to develop it will be stymied. A lot of hoax and bogus disinfo to discredit the field, along with other things to divert resources away from research that may show a strong tie-in. If it's possible to root into the issue and find the connections, there may be some conspiracy in that sense.

edit on 5-2-2016 by pauljs75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Nobody could recreate the effect, true. Which is why he was laughed out of the country. But nobody investigated any further either.

Oh, I dunno. The US spent a nice chunk to find out more about it, by having a somewhat upgraded apparatus fabricated. Only the person doing that built nothing, took the money, and absconded.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: pauljs75
(There was the Ning Li device, but she and her work disappeared quickly didn't it? Odd... So there might have been something.) But that is still only one way to look at it.

There never was a device. As the song goes, she took the money and run.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
But there is an alternative in consideration to Negative Sound, in perhaps the Trillion+ decibels. as an alternative to chemical propulsion in order to leave Earth gravity.

Sound's not very useful in 'leaving Earth', seeing as there's a great big vacuum you need to transit to do that, and sound's gonna let you down pretty fast.

More, there's an upper limit to the intensity of sound for any given gas and physical condition (pressure, temperature, density). You can't have your rarefactions go below zero. Not yours. So, no "trillion decibels" for YOU.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Such a craft hypothetically would transit to another from of propulsion once it exited the atmosphere.

That would depend upon how fast one could apply such an effect while launching from the Earths surface.

There is no vacuum in Earths atmosphere that does not make any sense.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

bedlam does the brown note exist?

mythbysters says no. being a bassplyr and knowing guys that test bass amps and cabinets at the factory I disagree.

I say mythbysters screwed up their experiments by only examining low frequency sound transmitted through the air. I argue put a 4x12 speaker cabinet on a platform that's fairly solid like a plywood stage and sit on same stage while some guy hits some low notes and with enough power and a solid medium to transmit the fundamental, yes, yes there is a Brown note.

what say you?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

There is no vacuum in Earths atmosphere that does not make any sense.

Sort of soft on what sound is?

As you increase the intensity, the peak pressures in the compression part of the wave go up, and those in the rarefaction part of the wave go down. There's a couple of hard limits. You can't have the compression pressure go past a phase transition, and you can't have the rarefaction pressure drop below zero.

You'll hit the vacuum limit first in air near STP.
edit on 5-2-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

bedlam does the brown note exist?

I agree with mythbusters in the sense that there's not a single note you can hit on a cello and everyone in range craps their pants.

I agree with you that if you vibrate someone mechanically, you'll probably find a range of frequencies that, with sufficient amplitude, will cause you to drop a load. We used to joke around that you could do it with the shake table but I don't believe anyone ever tried it.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I agree with mythbusters in the sense that there's not a single note you can hit on a cello and everyone in range craps their pants.

Too bad. I could be a super villain. I could call myself Brown Note. Want to guess what my super power would be?

I agree with you that if you vibrate someone mechanically...

Okay, I have nothing that won't get me banned. Carry on.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

The only real issue is the rate of acceleration at launch.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I recommend 40hz or therabouts. but again only if your hiney is sitting on whatever medium mechanically transmitting.

so darpa hasn't weaponized low bass frequencies yet. you know I know a lot about bass. have you guys tried a tritone? fundamental + sharp 4th. (at b-0 + f-0)ive found that tritone makes my neighbors crazy. and it makes pitbulls around the neighborhood agitated. could be useful for psyops.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

Outside of securing the survival of inhabitants and cargo.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

The only real issue is the rate of acceleration at launch.

I think you'll find that sound sucks as hard as it blows. Heh.

It doesn't generally shove things as a net effect. So your ship would be nicely shattered, but go nowhere in particular.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei
What? You mean anti gravity devices haven't been made? How do they make things float in space movies then?
ETA: I'm joking. Sorry.
edit on 5-2-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Actually I have been told that recently in relation to another problem.

Actually that is not what happened.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

have you guys tried a tritone?

Used to have a through-the-wall neighbor living in the married dorms that had a truly unforgivable attachment to Slim Whitman and Ace Cannon records.

I put my speakers against the wall, found a really nice resonance of the wall with a function generator, set one channel to the resonance and the other to a truly tooth-squeaking dissonance. Every time I had to listen to "una paloma blanca", he got five minutes of "behavioral conditioning audio".

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

good point wouldn't my bass rig fly across the stage every time I played if the opposite were the case? although, it has been known to incapacitate rats scurrying in front of it while at full blast. and it has a fascinating effect on women. its almost if you play the bass with enough finess and at the right frequencies the vibrations wiggle their clothing right off the results are often spectacular. whats the physics behind that?
edit on 5-2-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

whats the physics behind that?

I don't think a lot of physics are involved there. Although I suspect it's the same effect that makes them run away from banjo players.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Chapman stick has the same effect on women as the banjo.

strangely, gamelan gets girls all in an exotic mood. figure it would be irritating but most seem to like it. now thats a mystery of the universe.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20342013]Byrd
Me, I'm thinking that the reason we don't have it (or antigravity) is that it's not been developed yet. Otherwise it's be in use in military devices.
imo if not fusion anti gravity does exist in some isolated pockets. now whether the military has gotten hold of it and are using it is anybody's guess

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join