It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Bd of Elections: Ted Cruz is “natural born Citizen”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Candidate Ted Cruz (who won the Iowa GOP Caucuses) has another "victory" under his belt.

Looks like the Illinois Board of Elections has certified him as a natural born citizen !!!!

A case or two are in court(s) in other States however.

The Illinois Board is not a court.

They cited some past examples to get the ruling.

Hmmmm.

Illinois Bd of Elections: Ted Cruz is “natural born Citizen” and eligible for ballot

Two objectors, Lawrence Joyce and William Graham, had challenged Cruz’s presidential bid with the board, contending that his name should not appear on the March 15 ballot because his candidacy did not comply with Article II of the Constitution.

Adopting the recommendations of a hearing officer who considered the matter last week, the board of elections on Monday rejected both objections, ruled Cruz eligible and ordered that his name be certified for the election.

“The Candidate is a natural born citizen by virtue of being born in Canada to his mother who was a U.S. citizen at the time of his birth,” the board said, reasoning that Cruz met the criteria because he “did not have to take any steps or go through a naturalization process at some point after birth.”

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Can't get more official than the board of elections in a liberal state.
Case closed.
Well, not really, we'll still need to have him bashed here by the Bernie Brigades.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Case closed.

Lol

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Case closed.
Well, not really, we'll still need to have him bashed here by the Bernie Brigades.

Unless that liberal election board was just paving the way for their preferred opponent.

Or, purposely favoring the GOP candidate most likely to have his campaign disrupted by the courts, making a DNC win that much more assured.

And while it has absolutely nothing to do with my support of Bernie Sanders, I absolutely do not agree with their interpretation of "natural born citizen."

If it were up to me, I'd even take it a step further.

I know it's not the law right now but IMO, I think it should be illegal to serve in Congress while maintaining dual citizenship with another country. If I were in Congress, I'd introduce a Bill.

Either way, the legal definition of "natural born citizen" won't be settled until it gets ruled on by the SCOTUS and if Ted Cruz gets nominated, it's going there for sure.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I really think the founding fathers interpretation of a natural born citizen was being born on U.S. soil. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up going to the Supreme Court. It needs to be clearly defined for future candidates or it will continue to be an issue.

Some debate exists as to the meaning of this phrase. Consensus exists that anyone born on U.S. soil is a "natural born Citizen." One may also be a "natural born Citizen" if, despite a birth on foreign soil, U.S. citizenship immediately passes from the person's parents.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
I really think the founding fathers interpretation of a natural born citizen was being born on U.S. soil. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up going to the Supreme Court. It needs to be clearly defined for future candidates or it will continue to be an issue.

Some debate exists as to the meaning of this phrase. Consensus exists that anyone born on U.S. soil is a "natural born Citizen." One may also be a "natural born Citizen" if, despite a birth on foreign soil, U.S. citizenship immediately passes from the person's parents.

I too, think it means born on U.S. Territory.

Just the same, I don't know why anyone would vote for a Canadian. Those people screwed up bacon, for pete's sake.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

They kill baby seals too !!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I too, think it means born on U.S. Territory.

Just the same, I don't know why anyone would vote for a Canadian. Those people screwed up bacon, for pete's sake.

It is US territory. I.remember it coming up with John McCain but he was born outside the country within US territory so it made sense. Ted Cruz was born in Canada a Canadian citizen.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Flatfish

They kill baby seals too !!!!

Yeah, that too!

Actually, I don't have have damn thing against Canada. I've been there a couple of times and I experienced a beautiful country with beautiful people.

But.....I still don't think Ted Cruz is a "natural born citizen" of the United States.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I believe he is a natural born citizen, after studying what describes such. Have stated before and I don't like him.

top topics

join