It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

flood/pyramid question.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Krazyshot instead of telling people to prove what they think how about you go into your backyard and dig up some evidence it didn't happen

Burden of proof isn't on me. It's reliant on the people who claim the world wide flood occurred. I am on the side of disbelief. You don't prove negatives. So nice try.

Oh what a silly thing for me to say

Yep. You got it. It was a silly thing for you to say.
edit on 3-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The size of the sphinx face to body ratio has made some speculate it was originally Annubis the dog. Also, who shot off the nose ( I guess Napoleans troops) and was it to hide the prominently African feature?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: gflyg

www.youtube.com...

The above explains more than could be imagined. At 24:37, they explain how the head of the Sphinx may originally have had a different shape, but in time was washed away and later reshaped, by falling water. They explain all and better than me. Good luck with such

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: areyousirius360

Hehe, are you serious? And what made you think that? I have never heard of that before. How can Anubis be referred to as a lion in the ancient texts? It's a dog with human body. Go rather to Karnak and see sphinxes carrying sheeps' heads. However, there are no reasons to believe the head was a sheep either. Some have suggested it as some kind of totem of the Age of Leo dating back to around 10 000 BC when Vega was the North Star.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
OOookayyy...

originally posted by: gflyg
I remember hearing that the sphinx in Egypt had water damage possibly dating it to older then the pyramids.

Dated by a geologist who has subsequently shied away from this (since he was wrong.) His mistake was running in and announcing a date (to please Graham Hancock) without studying how the same rocks in the same area looked.

It's like running up to a car and saying how old it is by looking at the paint job (and not finding out what make and model car you actually have.)

Could this water damage been caused by the great flood?

No. Erosion damage looks very different from flood damage. Flood damage doesn't carve away little pits and hollow areas in the stone like you see on the sphinx.

and has the pyramids been studied for water damage since they would have been submerged as well.

There hasn't been a flood that high in Egypt since before the pyramids were built. The Egyptians, by the way, kept track of how high the Nile was every year.

There was also a question about what the Sphinx originally was... the answer is "a human headed lion." While the head might have been larger originally (doubtful, actually) it was always a human headed lion for two reasons:
* the figure of a lion does not really stand for anything at that time period. There are twin lion gods, but they are always shown sitting tail to tail as lions, and it's obvious there' s not a lion hiding behind the sphinx.
* kings of that era ARE shown as sphinxes - it was THE symbol of a king's power throughout the entire length of the Egyptian empire. Occasionally you'd see queens or princesses or princes shown as sphinxes (late in Egypt's history.)

Anubis isn't possible. The limestone is too weak and the nose would fall off before they got it half sculpted.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
a reply to: areyousirius360

Hehe, are you serious? And what made you think that? I have never heard of that before. How can Anubis be referred to as a lion in the ancient texts? It's a dog with human body.

Actually, he's a jackal (looks different than a dog.) And sometimes he's shown as just the animal form...but you're right, lion symbolism was never tied up to the jackal symbolism.

Go rather to Karnak and see sphinxes carrying sheeps' heads.

Ram, actually, and if you visit it, the head really is that of a sheep, horns and all. It was a very ancient symbol for the god, Amun, who was originally Nubian in origin.

However, there are no reasons to believe the head was a sheep either. Some have suggested it as some kind of totem of the Age of Leo dating back to around 10 000 BC when Vega was the North Star.

The ancient Egyptians didn't have a constellation that they called Leo, and didn't identify the zodiac constellations that we know today. So, no. They didn't see a lion in the sky in the position of Leo (the temple of Dendera, which DOES have some of the modern constellations, was built about 150 BC... not 2,400 BC)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

However, there are no reasons to believe the head was a sheep either. Some have suggested it as some kind of totem of the Age of Leo dating back to around 10 000 BC when Vega was the North Star.

The ancient Egyptians didn't have a constellation that they called Leo, and didn't identify the zodiac constellations that we know today.

No, you are right, the given age was named so during Hellenism, according to their zodiacs, but the idea is that the twelve constellations of the zodiac were named and shaped after the civilisations or ages they ruled. Compare with Genesis 1.

Thus
6th Age Capricornus - 20 000 BC - 18 000 BC
7th Age Sagittarius - 18 000 BC - 16 000 BC
1st Age Scorpio - 16 000 BC - 14 000 BC
-- Anthropomorphism, Anu, Ellil & Enki - Global measures
2nd Age Libra - 14 000 BC - 12 000 BC
-- Pantheons, Osiris, Isis & Horus, pullies and levers - Pyramids
3rd Age Virgo 12 000 BC - 10 000 BC
-- Fertility worship, Agricultural revolution - Written language
4th Age Leo 10 000 BC - 8 000 BC
-- Solar worship, astrology - Sphinx
5th Age Cancer 8 000 BC - 6 000 BC
-- Harnessing the great rivers, Leviathan - Last floods
6th Age Gemini 6 000 BC - 4 000 BC
-- Adam & Eve, Cain & Abel - First cities
7th Age Taurus 4 000 BC - 2 000 BC
-- Baal, justice, Moses - Tabernacle
1st Age Aries 2 000 BC - 1 AD
-- Lamb, Messiah, David - Temple
2nd Age Pisces 1 AD - 2 000 AD
-- World, Church, Jesus - Diaspora
3rd Age Aquarius 2 000 AD - 4 000 AD
-- Science, technology, resurrection of the dead, Gods return

So, no. They didn't see a lion in the sky in the position of Leo (the temple of Dendera, which DOES have some of the modern constellations, was built about 150 BC... not 2,400 BC)

The Vikings didn't call their age the Viking Age or the Middle Age. Ages are named long after the fact.
edit on 6-2-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

No, you are right, the given age was named so during Hellenism, according to their zodiacs, but the idea is that the twelve constellations of the zodiac were named and shaped after the civilisations or ages they ruled. Compare with Genesis 1.

Thus
6th Age Capricornus - 20 000 BC - 18 000 BC
7th Age Sagittarius - 18 000 BC - 16 000 BC
1st Age Scorpio - 16 000 BC - 14 000 BC
-- Anthropomorphism, Anu, Ellil & Enki - Global measures
2nd Age Libra - 14 000 BC - 12 000 BC
-- Pantheons, Osiris, Isis & Horus, pullies and levers - Pyramids

Civilization, by definition means large numbers of people living in one spot, developed agriculture (farms to feed the masses), domesticated animals, and some sort of writing.

Now, all these Ages you talk about takes place during the Ice Age. There were no civilizations on the glaciers because you can't farm for food there and you can't have a lot of people unless you can produce and store food. That means the civilizations must have been on land we can access easily now.

What are the names of the civilizations and where were they located? What's the names of the principal cities? Who discovered the civilizations and who else is studying them? What's the first document you know that mentions these ages and these civilizations?

They do not appear by name and by age designation in Genesis.

3rd Age Virgo 12 000 BC - 10 000 BC
-- Fertility worship, Agricultural revolution - Written language

Which civilizations would this be? And if the agricultural revolution takes place here, then how was it the earlier civilizations you mention could farm enough food to support a large number of people?

4th Age Leo 10 000 BC - 8 000 BC
-- Solar worship, astrology - Sphinx
5th Age Cancer 8 000 BC - 6 000 BC
-- Harnessing the great rivers, Leviathan - Last floods
6th Age Gemini 6 000 BC - 4 000 BC
-- Adam & Eve, Cain & Abel - First cities
7th Age Taurus 4 000 BC - 2 000 BC
-- Baal, justice, Moses - Tabernacle
1st Age Aries 2 000 BC - 1 AD
-- Lamb, Messiah, David - Temple
2nd Age Pisces 1 AD - 2 000 AD
-- World, Church, Jesus - Diaspora
3rd Age Aquarius 2 000 AD - 4 000 AD
-- Science, technology, resurrection of the dead, Gods return

You just said that " twelve constellations of the zodiac were named and shaped after the civilisations or ages they ruled"
But you haven't told me which of the many civilizations name/shape/rule each given age. I'd like to know this, actually. I'm curious about how this list was derived.

The Vikings didn't call their age the Viking Age or the Middle Age. Ages are named long after the fact.

By whom? And when?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

The idea is that the gods and heroes in the old stories were real people. The above shows their supposed ages in biblical context. These guys supposedly built the pyramids and used humans as slaves for different things, they orchestrated flood scenarios in Mesopotamia, and flew around in three story planes in the Indus Valley. You know, the serpentpeople from above?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: gflyg

The capstone were removed by Sultan Hassan so it wouldn't show.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

The idea is that the gods and heroes in the old stories were real people. The above shows their supposed ages in biblical context. These guys supposedly built the pyramids and used humans as slaves for different things, they orchestrated flood scenarios in Mesopotamia, and flew around in three story planes in the Indus Valley. You know, the serpentpeople from above?

That wasn't anything like the claim you made before. You gave a list of signs of the constellations and dates and said they matched civilizations. I have never heard this before, so I want to know which civilizations they match with so I can look it up.

And also I'd like to know what Ice Age civilizations they're talking about. And I don't know anything about lizard or serpent people. Could you give me a reference (link, maybe... to Wikipedia?)

What does "ages in biblical context" mean? Jewish years are the same length as ours are.

And Egyptians built the pyramids and they didn't use slaves. Slavery was widespread in Rome and in Greece (or at least in Sparta, where there were about 8 slaves per Spartan citizen (military conquest and all that.)) But slavery wasn't that widespread until after 1000 BC, long after pyramids and all that.
edit on 8-2-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

The ancient civilisations like the Egyptian, Sumerian and Indian ones, kept stories of earlier civilisations inhabited by gods and heroes. Those are the ones.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The ancient civilisations like the Egyptian, Sumerian and Indian ones, kept stories of earlier civilisations inhabited by gods and heroes. Those are the ones.

Okay. BUT... where did you find a list that shows the names of those proposed civilizations (such as "early Egyptian civilization ruled by Osiris linked to 12000 BC" or something like that)? That's what I'm asking.

A list of those dates with the specific (even mythical) civilizations they supposedly represent.

(I also wonder who came up with that list.)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Okay. BUT... where did you find a list that shows the names of those proposed civilizations (such as "early Egyptian civilization ruled by Osiris linked to 12000 BC" or something like that)? That's what I'm asking.

This is the result of my own research, but it's based on axial precession, Hellenistic astrology and the concept of «precession of the equinoxes». Some times you get to be the first to make the connections. Though these are hardly new ideas, I've read about similar lists and connections earlier.

A list of those dates with the specific (even mythical) civilizations they supposedly represent.

Unlike you, I mostly do my own research. Resulting in stuff like the list I made in the earlier post. It doesn't have to be posted on the web or somewhere else, if it were, it wouldn't be my own, see? I may write a paper on it one day. Then again, I may not give a damn since it doesn't really matter and would require a bunch of further research, what you see is a list showing the approximate astrological ages from the time the last ice-age started receding resulting in the water level rose about 120 meters in about 10 000 years. The Vedas I think it is, one of the Indian traditions record events similar to nuclear bombs and aeroplanes and semi-mythical history dating back more than a 100 000 years. Who knows what you'd might find if you put all the bits and pieces together?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

It had never occurred to me to ask until now.

Since the Chinese have had a written language and a calender for the past 5000, has a globel flood even been mentioned in any of their writings?

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind
a reply to: Prezbo369

It had never occurred to me to ask until now.

Since the Chinese have had a written language and a calender for the past 5000, has a globel flood even been mentioned in any of their writings?

Nope.

At least, not before the advent of Christian missionaries.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

This is the result of my own research, but it's based on axial precession, Hellenistic astrology and the concept of «precession of the equinoxes». Some times you get to be the first to make the connections. Though these are hardly new ideas, I've read about similar lists and connections earlier.

So you just made it up from incomplete sources.

That seems like a real waste of effort.

Unlike you, I mostly do my own research.

We both do research.

Resulting in stuff like the list I made in the earlier post. It doesn't have to be posted on the web or somewhere else, if it were, it wouldn't be my own, see? I may write a paper on it one day. Then again, I may not give a damn since it doesn't really matter and would require a bunch of further research,

No kidding.

The problem is that your sources do the same kind of research as you... put together a few ideas but they don't have time to do a "bunch of further research."

How can you find the truth if you don't even know what the facts are?

(post by Utnapisjtim removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Raggedyman

And all the different ethnicities? Where did they come from?

All of you evolutionists run miles from that
Proving your religion is a faith with no foundation

Apart from the fact that EVOLUTION has nothing to do with CREATION?

CREATION is how life came to be.

EVOLUTION is what happened AFTER life was created.

See how the 2 are completely different?

ETA: The beginning of life for "us scientists" would be called abiogenesis. Unlike the creation myth, there is actual proof of how life could have come about, instead of "god did it".

oh good! "actual proof"!!

tell us how it started and make us a kangaroo while you're at it.

You know, no one wanted to call the big bang, the big bang, because it sounded too religious.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Ad hominem BS. You're an idiot.

Not ad hominem.

You said "I may write a paper on it one day. Then again, I may not give a damn since it doesn't really matter and would require a bunch of further research"

As you said, you're not willing to do the research.

Your sources also did the same thing -- and if the original ideas are people with bad research making conclusions, then any attempts at a hypothesis you make is going to be wrong because you don't have the facts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join