It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merkel Says Refugees Must Return Home Once War Is Over

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Well, it would seem that Angela Merkel found a parachute...

Amid increasing criticism over her immigration policies German Chancellor Angela Merkel seems to have finally acknowledged, in a back handed kind of way, that the cultures did not blend as well as she had hoped.

"We need ... to say to people that this is a temporary residential status and we expect that, once there is peace in Syria again, once IS has been defeated in Iraq, that you go back to your home country with the knowledge that you have gained," she told a regional meeting of her Christian Democratic Union (CDU) in the state of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania.

I don't know if this will be enough to silence the opposition to her open-door policy. The wars in the ME have been going for quite a long time and no predictable end appears to be in sight. I suspect the core of Merkel' opposition will say that deal is too open ended to work and when the time comes for the migrants to return home they will be impossible to find. Not to mention the fact that so many of the so-called refugees lied and used fake papers to enter the country that no one will ever be sure who is from Syria or Iraq and who isnt.

Still, a good CYA from Merkel. It might at least buy her some time.

link

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

This was already posted.
ATS

It's just down the page.

edit on 31-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Already Posted

See the link above

Closing

join