It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey says Russian jet violated its airspace again , Russian envoy summoned

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I said that Turkey can not hope to bring NATO into their issues.

What you said was this...

Turkey can not do what it wants in the hope of drawing in the rest of NATO.

They aren't trying to draw NATO into their problems with RUssia...Russia is trying to get a response from NATO that just isn't going to happen.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

The Greeks and thee Turks will continue to their mistrust of each other. Same old, same old.

The fact that both are NATO countries shows there won't be a fight between them, but here is the interesting thing...if they were to go to war who would NATO essentially back in that fight?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

First you said this:

If it's in Turkish airspace I will as that would be my right, but if Russia downs a Turkish jet over Turkish territory they would be seeing a response they couldn't handle.

And now you are saying this:

They aren't trying to draw NATO into their problems with RUssia...Russia is trying to get a response from NATO that just isn't going to happen.

So which one is it?

Anyway here is a quote from the victim Erdogan, note the wording here:

"Such irresponsible steps do not benefit either the Russian Federation, or Russia-Nato relations, or regional and global peace"

No mention of Turko-Russian relations in that message is there? Are you sure that Erdogan is not playing the role of the bully's buddy here? You know, that guy that picks on kids because he thinks he has back up...

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

So you believe the Turks whose leader has called himself the Messiah? The guy is a complete nut and has already been shown to be steeling Syrian oil through ISIS. 1 Billion Syrian dollars a day is what they steal from Syrian oil fields, well before Russia started bombing them that is. NATO will not confront Russia over Turkey, sorry it will just not happen. Greece and many other nations will jump on Russia's side real fast.

This is nothing but Turkey trying to start crap because their ISIS and Turkmen Terrorist are taking a beating.

Russia will embarrass Turkey in a head on fight without Nukes. NATO simply wont come to Turkeys aid when Putin will make sure he is responding to an attack, something NATO does not respond to. They are only a defensive force alliance.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yes very troubled
If you are terrified of a plane flying over your head

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Yep, the rebuttal would be F-22s and, possibly, F-35s...end of S-400s.

And WW3 and us all dead.

All over a crappy ME country...wooo

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I, for one, won't let that possibility/fear rule me or my steadfastness.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

I, for one, won't let that possibility/fear rule me or my steadfastness.

Then you’re a idiot.

I would rather be alive and have Russia being a dick to Turkey than dead with my “steadfastness".
Pride is no good if you’re dead.

Russia are being twats. That’s all. They are not attacking Turkey. Now if Russia started massing troops on Turkey’s borders and flying huge formations over Turkey? I may think differently.

A single aircraft cutting into the edges of Turkeys airspace is not going to bring Turkey down. Let Turkey handle it.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Well said Sir

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Kremlin : Putin informed of Turkish president’s wish to meet with him

MOSCOW, February 1. Russian President Vladimir Putin has been told about the intention of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to meet with him, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters on Monday.

"Putin was informed of this wish of the president (of Turkey Erdogan)," Peskov said giving no further details on the Russian president’s reaction to the Turkish leader’s proposal.

Erdogan told reporters on Saturday that he wanted to meet with Putin to discuss the alleged violation of Turkey’s airspace by a Russian warplane. "If such violations aimed at Turkey’s sovereignty continue, then (Russia) will have to bear responsibility for the consequences. As the violated airspace is also NATO airspace, the alliance is also following the situation," Erdogan said.

"There is no use from such irresponsible steps for Russia or Russia-NATO relations or peace in the region. It was openly said to the Russian ambassador summoned to our Foreign Ministry yesterday," he said. Erdogan added that he asked Turkey’s Foreign Ministry to request a meeting with Putin.

Russian Foreign Ministry says it received no materials on Turkish airspace violation

edit on 1-2-2016 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: Added link

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Odd thing that the quote attributed to Erdogan seems to be worded differently in Russian media where it is being painted as a tacit threat, rather then the more factual, concillatory tone of de-escalating. I wonder why?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

It's more obvious that Erdogan will take cover under the NATO umbrella if he the Russian keep on 'violating' their airspace. 'Violation' - with a proper observation plane - that will take place anyway soon :

Russian inspectors to perform observation flight over Turkey — Russian Defense Ministry

MOSCOW, February 1. Russian inspectors will perform an observation flight over the territory of Turkey within the framework of the Open Skies Treaty, a senior Russian Defense Ministry official said. "As part of implementation of the international Open Skies Treaty, a Russian group of inspectors plans to conduct a surveillance flight on board a Russian An-30B aircraft over the territory of Turkey," chief of the ministry’s National Nuclear Risk Reduction Center Sergey Ryzhkov said.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

So you believe the Turks whose leader has called himself the Messiah? The guy is a complete nut and has already been shown to be steeling Syrian oil through ISIS.

I never said he wasn't a nut.

As for the oil...hasn't been proven he is involved in that, and nobody has provided evidence to positively show he is

1 Billion Syrian dollars a day is what they steal from Syrian oil fields, well before Russia started bombing them that is.

And what does that have to do with the premise of this thread?

NATO will not confront Russia over Turkey, sorry it will just not happen. Greece and many other nations will jump on Russia's side real fast.

They will if article 5 is invoked, and you do understand Greece is a NATO member, very doubtful they would back Russia against a NATO confrontation.

This is nothing but Turkey trying to start crap because their ISIS and Turkmen Terrorist are taking a beating.

No Turkey has made it very clear to Russia the consequences of violating their airspace...and they don't support ISIS, as for the Turkmen, Turkey has the right to support them because they are ethnic Turks in Syria.

What's funny is they are doing exactly what Russia did in Ukraine...but without lying about it until you get caught like Putin has done.

Russia will embarrass Turkey in a head on fight without Nukes.

They couldn't afford a war with Turkey, as their tanking economy couldn't handle it.

NATO simply wont come to Turkeys aid when Putin will make sure he is responding to an attack, something NATO does not respond to.

If Russia goes into Turkish land and conducts military operations against them...you can bet NATO will be there and Turkey will invoke Article 5.

They are only a defensive force alliance.

Which is why Putin knows he can't deal with Turkey offensively because NATO will be there to defend their member country.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

It's more obvious that Erdogan will take cover under the NATO umbrella if he the Russian keep on 'violating' their airspace. 'Violation' - with a proper observation plane - that will take place anyway soon :

Turkey isn't trying to hide under the NATO umbrella, they can protect their country without needing NATO...they can fight as an individual country apart from NATO.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

They couldn't afford a war with Turkey, as their tanking economy couldn't handle it.

Russia is the biggest country on Planet Earth by miles and has resources that dwarf other nations. If required in a time of total war those resources can be counted on to overwhelm those of others. Russia if forced certainly could afford a war with a tiny country with very limited resources like Turkey.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Yeah right ... Hence the 'don't tread on me or I call NATO' statement ...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join