It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it so hard to believe secret space operations are happening?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hi ATS

I was pretty drunk the other week and I was talking with my brother when it hit me... When we think about secret space stuff like ships/weapons etc we are always looking for the exotic, always trying to find out the how and the why.

Maybe we have been thinking about it all wrong.

One of the common excuses I've heard as a reason why things are just not up above is we would notice things being launched. The thing is would we notice?

How many satellites have been launched in the last year?
How many since the 60's?

Ok I'll get to the point...

Thousands of satellites have been launched since the late 50's and up until recently the majority of what has been launched has been done by some form of military. Is it so hard to believe that militaries of the world have been launching just a little more into space than they claim?

I'm thinking of cost here. Why bother with fancy cutting edge secret space fleet when you could get materials into space by hitching a ride on everyone else's rocket. Everyone is always looking for some fancy tech as the go between when it comes to Earth and Space. Like it makes sense to build secret military projects that can get resources out of and back into our atmosphere. It doesn't.

It makes much more sense to me that anyone interested in space travel would build their toys in space and those toys would be strictly for the cosmos... It's pointless making TR3-B type planes, it seems too much effort. I'd like to imagine those who have launched 1000's of satellites have been piggy backing building materials into space.

Is that so hard to imagine?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

The problem with hitching a ride is that rockets and launches are specifically worked out for whatever pay load is being put up there.

There's also the space treaty or something which makes it illegal for countries to deploy space based weapons. You can bet your arse that any country caught doing that would be in deep crap with the USA and Russia for example, since they've wanted to to do it forever.

So no, it's not hard to imagine there being a secret space program. I actually hope there is considering what NASA's budget looks like year over year..

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Technically the treaty only limit weapons of mass destruction

www.unoosa.org...
edit on 29-1-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

The problem with hitching a ride is that rockets and launches are specifically worked out for whatever pay load is being put up there.

Exactly, so those doing the math would need to be on the take so to speak.

There's also the space treaty or something which makes it illegal for countries to deploy space based weapons. You can bet your arse that any country caught doing that would be in deep crap with the USA and Russia for example, since they've wanted to to do it forever.

Weapons in space was and is always a step too far, the idea of raining hell anywhere anytime is a scary one. That being said space has been the only thing that was fully agreeable on during the cold war. Exploration and science in space was one of the few truly cooperative actions Russia and the US did.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I kinda hope not, they already does pretty much everything important behind closed doors and thats how they control us the majority. We just keep trusting em while we all pretty much know how it goes down anyways.. We should learn to live here on earth first anyways.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
No matter what...its still 10,000$ a pound earth to orbit.....
Its possible they have sneaked weapons up there
(Rods of the Gods, Nukes, Lasers or particle beam jobbies....)
And that robor space rig they use goes up months at a time...(whats up with that)
Nobody knows........
But earth orbit construction would be up there for the telescopes to see....
ou would think it would shine bigger than the ISS....(unless they put it over the poles or something...
But naw, it would be detected by somebody....

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

NAVY Space Command Uncovered

A thread from a legend of a member, Zorgon, which you will be interested in

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

The time of honoring treaties is well passed, my friend. Different world.

Both US and Russia have SBWs up there and have for decades.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Indeed, "secret space operations are happening, but in reality,I suggest that you are way off base in how that is done. The black triangles are a development from the study of alien UFOs. They ARE the carriers for materials put into orbit and actually are probably Moon capable themselves. They are the reason why we do not have and never did have a serious backup plan for the shuttle and why we have found ourselves in the silly position of relying on Russian rockets.

As for the private space rocketiers, I feel sorry for them as they are simply wasting their money and efforts as the technology of the black triangles makes all things rockets and jets totally and absolutely obsolete. It is only a matter of time or a major accident before the world is made aware of the almost magic capabilities of the triangles. As I've said many times on ATS, the manner of motion the triangles use, UFO derived, is a development equivalent to the invention of the wheel.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

Space rigs...

Where do most boosters end up? Surely they make them orbit outwardly, more resources to collect!

I've found a few asteroids myself, websites have the public searching for them for fun. That gives you insight if you wanted to cover-up. But you're right someone surely would notice something extra by now.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

The time of honoring treaties is well passed, my friend. Different world.

Both US and Russia have SBWs up there and have for decades.

Do we have proof of that?

The only thing that ever made sense to me was the Rod of God concept. Any other weapons system and it would be detectable IMO.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

What about space to space things (missiles) to take out anything out there fast in the case of need?

Russian cannon in salyut 3
edit on 29-1-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

As I've said many times on ATS, the manner of motion the triangles use, UFO derived, is a development equivalent to the invention of the wheel.

I posted on ATS a long time ago about a "triangle" sighting. You see the wheel was a bit of a "duh" moment for man, yet we are lead to believe we had wheels for thousands of years before we worked gravity and kinetic energy out. Funny that.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I am always reminded when these types of posts come up of Scottish hacker Gary McKinnon when he said he found evidence of a "fleet" and "non terrestrial forces". Never been able to shake the feeling that there is soooo much more going on that we'll probably ever know in my lifetime

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

Was that the chap who was an avid follower of the aviation forum?

If so I followed that thread a few year ago, interesting stuff... If not, cheers for the reading material.

This is new to me, thanks

edit on 29-1-2016 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I'm repeating what I heard from someone else here. You could have a laser type weapon down here, then put a mirror in orbit.....in theory.
Cheers.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Would be to much of a risk to their own birds...There´s enough scrap up there. You could slow them down with something so they loose speed and finally burn up. I think that´s one of the reasons there are (rumors of) proximity fuses on mil birds. No way around the scraps.
edit on 29-1-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa
You can have all that. But it won´t work because of several reasons. The greatest is atmospheric disturbance, then there is fokus issue, then there is the problem with the mirror, then there is the problem with accuracy.
Do you know how high sats fly?

click me for info

edit on 29-1-2016 by verschickter because: fixed link

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Maybe on the commercial rockets, and most certainly these days. Who's to say that those massive rockets we haven't seen since the Apollo missions really needed to be that big...? What if the numbers for much some of that stuff weighed was falsified in the records?

The military does a lot of their own launches from Vanderburg, and they also do sea-based launches as well. If you were out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean -- who's going to notice it beyond China and Russia (maybe) with their sensing capabilities?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Well...I wonder how big something like that would have to be, and how hard it would be to hide from people looking.

The ISS for example has a pretty nice view of upper and lower orbit.

Then there's the problem with all the space junk floating around. I believe it to be possible, I just wonder about the logistics and the actual hardware being used.

~Tenth

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join