It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chicago cops bust in door, show no warrant, and shoots family dog

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Yea...my first reaction was.....it's Chicago.....so what?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'm just about past the point of demanding accountability. Pleas for accountability get the people nowhere.

I think blood atonement is on the horizon. Can't say they didn't earn it.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Well, just like Pro sports, bigger is better; I was pretty juiced up on the force admittedly; but that had nothing to do with my position of authority..

My motto, was always, "Its always good to be bigger than the bad guy"

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

Well, just like Pro sports, bigger is better; I was pretty juiced up on the force admittedly; but that had nothing to do with my position of authority..

Understood! However I think even you would admit that bulking up on roids can cloud your judgement drastically when you lose your temper or get amped up on adrenaline?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

The subtleties of law enforcement should surely not be left to the biggest but the best, or am I, as an Englishman, hopelessly devoid of any rational thinking R.E. the qualities required for an effective police force.

Perhaps the debate should change. Maybe the debate in the US is rather that force should be met by force and the most forceful wins...that is not only video game logic to me but impractical too. But it interests me, and I am sure many others.

Is the strongest are the best really what law enforcement should aspire to?

I am asking out of personal interest and in no way am trying to heat a debate here.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It's as if there's a disconnect when it comes to police dealing with pets and their owners. Anymore I believe there should be a mandatory six months to a year working with animal control officers, unarmed, before new recruits are allowed to hit the streets.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Yea...my first reaction was.....it's Chicago.....so what?

My buddy, who's a Chicago PD just shared this story on his Facebook yesterday.. Since the year flipped over, Chicago already has 42 shooting deaths and over 210 shootings, while last January saw 22 people dead and 98 wounded in shootings. But our Govt doesnt care to do much of anything...

Link
edit on 28-1-2016 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Saying "But there's many good cops too" is not relevant!

What we are looking at is the bad cops! They exist and there's a lot of them as is evidenced by the never ending reports of police violence.

Concentrate on the bad cops. Demand justice be served.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

The officers involved should be fired and denied FOID cards for life, as obviously unstable, prone to extreme acts of violence, and likely dangers to society. The victimized family should sue for emotional trauma. In a better world, they would also each serve a 3-day term in the pen, gen pop, and introduced to the rest of the inmates as they enter with the story of what they did.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Well, lets be honest.............there's practically nothing a government, or anyone, could do about any of this. As a friend of mine used to say......"it is what it is".

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Well, lets be honest.............there's practically nothing a government, or anyone, could do about any of this. As a friend of mine used to say......"it is what it is".

Yeah, you would think the city of Chicago would start putting serious effort behind gang intervention programs and start thinking outside of the box. What they are doing is currently is spiraling the drain. The gangs get harder and more brazen so the cops adjust accordingly.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I can't wait till someone drops one of these d-bags cause they see the dog as a family member.

Hope they get it on video too, so I can use it as a screensaver.

Sick of this #.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

Welcome to the club blaclthorn, I too left the military to pursue criminal justice. I was lucky in that one of the professors in that program taught much of the classes required. He held two Ph. D's in Law and Sociology. We became friends over the years. Although I was reluctant to accept much of his worldview, I've come to full understanding of the system and his reasons for teaching the material as he did. He, like Fed Judge Napolitano, followed the same in that of the original intent of the authors who penned the Constitution.

Judge Napolitano was fired from FOX News as i'm sure you are aware. However, why he was fired is beyond speculation. He, as well as my friend, taught the truth and spoke on the issue as experts. My friend told me many years ago that it was a common practice of the FBI to attend his classes and monitor his lectures. Although i know a lot of the "politics" involved in American Jurisdiction, I will refrain at this point for keeping this short. You're point is solid and worthy. However, to discuss it properly requires us to step in areas of politics in general. If you have not figured this out, yet i know you did, then I'm sure you know the pitfalls of speaking with those who have no real understanding of the problems facing America now.

Everyone in America's society consider themselves expects in the who, when, why and where America erred. Often they think their knowledge of historic events is grounded with sold ground when if fact their understanding has been managed by opposing forces. Only when one is cognizant the the true intent of the foundations of America's government and how it's been sabotaged by those who benefit from such intrusions, from a legal analysis can truth can be reached for those who care. Anything less is criminal.

The recent events of mass shootings, I'm sure you are aware, is treated as a time to re-question the wording of historic documents. As if taking a moment to find flea # in pepper, they can find language in such documents that was not seen before. If and when such language is found and all definitions of each word is re-engineered to fit their agenda, the original message that stood the time of the last few hundred years will be null and void and the average, garden variety honest tax payer who relies on the ownership of firearms to protect he and his will be a criminal violation. A recent comment by a "expert" reported by recent threads on ATS this week..."I do not want to hear anything from this constitution thing"...clearly illustrates the point. They swear a oath to defending the constitution from enemies foreign and domestic, yet don't want to hear anything from this constitution thing!"

I may be assuming we are sharing the same frustration, but the wording of your thread suggests we have a lot in common. Maybe we can exchange our thoughts and understandings with each other. I like to think we can for it appears we share the same opinions based on facts. For all others who lack the expertise and wish to drown the issues with wrong assumptions and "feelings", I say don't bother. I've heard all the arguments from those who are either a liberal or a conservative over the years and i have little tolerance for each. You are either i patriot or you are not. Period. If you are like wised as true patriots I welcome your views however if not, don't be surprised if you're comments are ignored.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Hmm. Perhaps this man should've formed sort of militia group with armed individuals, to take over some group of land that wasn't theirs

Are you implying that he should join the BLM?

I hear they're big fans of getting a hold of peoples property.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Is the strongest are the best really what law enforcement should aspire to?

Extrapolating wildly from my admittedly non-LEO Army days, for guys doing in-the-field active, often directly active, encounters with the citizenry, if you aren't in pretty whack physical shape you are a danger to yourself, your teammates and to a secondary degree the people you're doing stuff with/for/to. Few of us were roid monsters because over what I'd call a 'crossfit look' you are too big for a chute, long exhausting lugs of equipment or the food you're carrying/gather. But in slightly bulky solid shape.

There are also a certain number of interpersonal encounters, pretty much always with other guys, where some degree of communication over emotional situations is done with body language, and what's being communicated is 'let's keep this civil'.

That said.

Wanting to look like a power lifter or some grotesque body builder as a LEO is likely to be a sign of insecurity or narcissistic personality disorder. Not always. But if I had a magic button that could cause an in-depth psych test of LEOs, and I could pick, say 20% of a force to do that to as a Kaizen consultant to help get a department doing better community relations, I'd push that jolly candy like button on every guy on Tren.
edit on 30-1-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

Only when animal rights groups use their vast financial resources to confront police officers who show little interest in the lives of pets, i may contribute. Right now animal rights organizations support police agencies investigations of people who mistreat their animals yet are obviously closed lips on matters where police shoot a dog as described in this thread.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
r.i.p. Dog. so sad and nowadays so commonplace. one step forward, ten steps back seems to be the adopted police PR blueprint.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
I'm just about past the point of demanding accountability. Pleas for accountability get the people nowhere.

Each time I hear of a cop being ambushed and shot in their car I wonder if it was payback for something like in the OP.

And sadly as it is......most often I hope so.....
edit on 30-1-2016 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

Each time I hear of a cop being ambushed and shot in their car I wonder if it was payback for something like in the OP.

And sadly as it is......most often I hope so.....

Me too.

If anyone kills my dog just because - it'll be a sad mistake on their part,

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It's funny how sad it is when a cop retires and has to bid for his dog, then the cops are all weepy about separating a dog and its handler.

But if it's a "citizen's dog"? Pew pew pew murica.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join