It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanology: an inside look into Japanese culture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This is a thread for anyone interested in Japanese people, culture and history. Like my thread about Korean culture this thread will have a general feel to it. I hope you enjoy the videos, articles and whatever else I can find to share.

KanaBeats Set 1 hiragana a-ko

Udemy link
I registered for the full course at Udemy. Which is similar to any class online, though it's more flexible. The course offers all the videos, PDF files, and MP3 of the music featured in the videos; if any of you are ever interested in registering for the class.

Hosted by Peter Barakan, this program explores many aspects of Japan, both traditional and contemporary: arts, sports, entertainment, food, technology, nature, etc.

YouTube links:
Japanology Plus Series
Japanology Plus Series Part 2
Japan Documentary
Begin Japanology - NHK World
Awesome channel

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Teddy916

Oh wow, I am s&f and will return after i have gone through everything. this is awesome and a nice get away from current events. I love Japanese culture

Thank you for creating this thread

I knew nothing about Satsuma's apparently

edit on 27-1-2016 by akira131 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: akira131

Don't mention it! I have several links I plan on sharing later tonight, involving ninjas and how Japanese castles are uniquely equipped in dealing with them.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Teddy916

I saw a really interesting, although a bit depressing, video the other day about 'internet cafe refugees' in Japan, it's apparently something that got big in the late 90s because it's cheaper to pay to stay there than rent your own place. They have wash/shower facilities and everything. It was just a crazy little slice of life into part of their culture.

new topics

top topics

join