It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient conspiracy: Tower of Babel

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSorrowOh thank you. I thought this thread would draw some fun theories, the usual ufo, stargate nonsense. This is the beginning of temple worship and Mystery Babylon. And it has never been eliminated, just more secret.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: areyousirius360
Fun theories you say? Here's a couple of links from Farrell's site, one is about reverse engineering the Tower of Babel moment and the one is about archaeogenetics.

From what I understand about the Tower of Babel (please correct me if I get it wrong), God intervened not because man was doing something immoral per se like what God did to Sodom and Gomorrah but because man was doing something God-like. Maybe the tower was more than a metaphor to an ancient tech that made God take notice out of insecurity? Humans were dispersed because of this and made to speak in different tongues so we can't understand one another. How am I doing so far?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Nimrod aka the hunter of men wanted to build the tower first and then a mighty city to follow which would idolize the tower...

Atop the tower it is assumed was to be an altar at the very least if not a temple...
There would not have been room for all up there in other words this would have been for the elites...
They wished to place themselves on high in the presence of the one they worshiped as equals and of course would dictate to all those beneath them...
This altar was not for God it was for Marduk...
All of it was an offense to the Lord and was a great detriment to his plan for mankind...
The fallen ones were succeeding in gaining the favor of man with knowledge and technological wonders and thus was leading them astray...
Not to mention the fact that God's creation or mankind was being genetically modified through thier mingling...
They had to be destroyed for this reason he could not have this destroyed for he had a plan to right all wrong and redeem his creation...
To do this the blood had to be pure he had to be born as a man!
edit on 5-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: word

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Here's another interesting link I found The Tower of Babel and Particle Accelerators

Regarding language and "the Tower of Babel Moment of History" meme that Farrell often use was about Leonard Bernstein's The Unanswered Question: Six Talks at Harvard, which was taken from the title of a work by Charles Ives, which Ives took from Ralph Waldo Emerson's poem The Sphinx.

I sat through 2 and a half lectures 'til I feel like my head will explode. Here's the outline of the 1973 lectures:
1. Musical Phonology
2. Musical Syntax
3. Musical Semantics
4. The Delights & Dangers of Ambiguity
5. The XXth Century Crisis
6. The Poetry Of Earth

Since Lord (YHWH) was mentioned by the OP, Farrell also had an interesting take about the subject in his book Yahweh the Two-Faced God: Theology, Terrorism, and Topology. Here's an interview about his book:

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxTamesSiva
They were actually trying to make their own God!!! And the tower is symbolic of pagan mystery religions temple worship.

See the Zohar by nurho de manhar.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: areyousirius360
Thank you, found a few sites and even free pdf copies. It'll be a long read. One question though, will any interpretation be construed as flawed, a misconception or downright erroneous, judging from the number of exclamation marks from your reply as emphasis?

Can you recommend an English translation that can be considered as faithful to the original texts? I'm bilingual and from my limited experience, I know that there are certain words that are virtually untranslatable from one language to another, so the best recourse is an approximation of the nearest word or words in the same context.

Will it also be a flawed concept to attach the subject of language to the Tower of Babel? TheSorrow mentioned that "There is actually a lot more to the story if you're interested." I'll appreciate it if you or TheSorrow can talk more about it.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxTamesSiva

See:

Shinar Directive

It is a good book on the subject. There are a ton of youtube videos on it as well.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxTamesSivaThe exclamation was just me expressing shock at the absurdity of creating a god.
You will definitely find some pro-Jewish interpretations, but you will be able to spot them.
Sacredtexts. something is a great website to read about every religious text in the public domain. The Zohar they have there is long, but only deals with 5 books of the OT. so if you find a complete version your very lucky.
But the interpretations are good, although I think any interpretation outside of the literal reading is debatable. One thing for certain is the Zohar is a strictly Jewish interpretation meant strictly for Jews, so it's unique.
Supposedly a man must read the whole enormous Talmud and be 40 yo "with a full belly (knowledge) before beginning the Zohar. Why I don't know.

edit on 5-2-2016 by areyousirius360 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxTamesSivaLanguage is def key to the story, which serves to explain the many languages on earth, so you would be correct.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxTamesSivaNurho de manhar is the best translation I've found. But Harry Sperling and another guy have one but the two did not seem to be the same at all. Check out Kabbalah websites.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: areyousirius360
a reply to: MaxTamesSivaThe exclamation was just me expressing shock at the absurdity of creating a god.

Glad that was cleared, I was beginning to think that the conspiracy somehow lies in the various interpretations of the Tower of Babel.

Thanks again, I'm off to reading. I'll be waiting for The Sorrow's reply... infolurker, thanks for the tip. I might start with hopefully a few short videos before diving into it.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxTamesSivaYour welcome, have fun.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The two ancient non-biblical accounts of the confusion of language are as follows:

In those days...the people entrusted [to him] could address Enlil, verily, in but a single tongue. In those days...did Enki...estrange the tongues in their mouths as many as were put there. The tongues of men which were one (Jacobsen 1997; cf. Kramer 1968, 1970; Cohen 1973).

And,

... he the father of all the gods had repudiated; the thought of his heart was evil. ... of Babylon he hastens to the submission (?), [small] and great he confounded (on) the mound. ... of Babylon he hastens to the submission, [small] and great he confounded (on) the mound. Their walls all the day he founded; for their destruction (punishment) in the night ... he did not leave a remainder. In his anger also (his) secret counsel he pours out; [to] confound (their) speeches he set his face. He gave the command, he made strange their counsel ... (as revised by Sayee in Smith 1880:164; cf. Smith 1876:160–61; Boscawen 1876:131–132, 1877:304–308).

Read about it here:

www.biblearchaeology.org...

I wish to bring up that ever since the first prophecy stated at Genesis 3:15, God has had an appointed time for concluding the affairs of the rebellion that happened in Eden. The Babel account shows that without God confusing their language, human technology would advance too rapidly, thereby causing a state of human achievement not meant until the end times.

"If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them." (Genesis 11:6)

This in some respects is a prophecy. Today, because we are nearing the end, God has allowed the rapid advancement of technology that could have happened a lot sooner. The internet and technology has brought down the communication barriers for advancement by rapid translation and so forth.

edit on 5-2-2016 by TheChrome because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheChromeCheck out the Zohar if you want real interpretations of Torah.
It's mostly a story that explains why we have different languages, and the start of nations vs. a united world. And the source of pagan mystery religions.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheChromeDecent info though thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join