It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazilian farmer Ernst Gotsch restoring 1,200 acres of deforested rainforest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I wish I could I get involved with something like this, or something humanitarian. I'd love to participate in life giving culture and economy instead of selfish market driven culture and life. I'll figure it out one day!

www.treehugger.com...

When Brazilian farmer Ernst Gotsch bought 1,200 acres of completely deforested land on the edge of the rainforest in 1984, it was known as "Dry Lands." Gotsch, who was interested in finding new ways to work with, rather than against, nature found himself battling strong winds and drought. So he started out by replanting the land according to a system of natural succession—eventually reforesting the entire area and turning it into an incredibly biodiverse yet productive working farm which, it's claimed, has actually altered the microclimate around it in the form of increased rainfall and lower temperatures.

Amazing! Restoring the rainforest while generating an income?

Congrats and thank you!

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If i had money and will power i would make my own oasis like this with the excuse of producing Cacao and coffee and possibly hunting humans deers

Some people really like to fight nature and change the place, ancients made terra preta after all, you can only admire the kind of people that turn a wasteland to an oasis, one of those tales of fighting the imposible and succeeding due to pure willpower (and the money to buy 1200 acres and maintain it for 30 years until is productive)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I'd move down there and volunteer if they let me live there and fed me.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Bookmarked for later...
Thank you for that and I can relate with your feelings!

Flags for this!

Can't wait to watch!

I see how it could be seen as traumatic!

top topics

join