It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constable on alleged K-9 killer: 'He will be apprehended'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
While searching on this topic, I came across a thread about K9's dying in the line of duty (if not sad enough) while in the care of thier Master. This one is hard to stomach for a couple of reasons. A traffic stop and wrestling match left a K9 dead. Sadly..... The shooter is believed to be armed and dangerous. He is on the loose. Curious what charges he will face.

I am sure the Officer is in a dark place but great full that his K9 partner backed and gave his life for him. RIP "Ogar"

Authorities continue to scour several East Texas counties on Wednesday following a Tuesday traffic stop where a K-9 officer was fatally shot near the city of Lindale and Interstate 20.

According to Smith County Sheriff Larry Smith, detectives from several law enforcement organizations are searching for the alleged shooter in Wood County, Smith County and Van Zandt County, however, no organized manhunt is underway.

Precinct 5 Constable Kenneth Bibby stated they were continuing their efforts Wednesday and would not stop until the suspect was caught.

L I N K

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I think it's despicable that they try to elevate the life of a dog to that of a human simply because it suits them.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

RIP "Ogar"

I hope they catch the killer soon !!!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: accountabilitynow
I think it's despicable that they try to elevate the life of a dog to that of a human simply because it suits them.

I think it's disgusting humans honestly believe we are objectively elevated in terms of worth compared to all other life.

Egocentricism at it's best.
edit on 21-1-2016 by Psychonautics because: Quote

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Psychonautics

I DO agree with you. But you and me both know there is a double standard should a cop shoot my dog.

I am just sick of the laws elevation in general when the government is full of the worst humans on earth.

Dangerous and deadly hypocrisy if you ask me which is but one small source of law enforcements current "problems"

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Greetings- How about these 2, both K9 and handler?

First it was "Rondo" who was a K9 that wouldn't alert to something just to get fed/rewarded :

www.sfgate.com...

Then Rondo's handler got Killed-In-Action a few years later:

www.odmp.org...

namaste

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I am my dogs "human", so yup; it hits me quite hard. Having the opportunity to work with these amazing K9 animals in the past; double doozie..

Thanks Jim,

edit on 21-1-2016 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2016 by ReadLeader because: Spaces

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Oh, absolutely.

I am equally disgusted by the hipocracy.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Can't say I feel any sympathy at all. Killing a K9 is considered murdering a police officer according to law, but when police officers raid someone's house they are more than ready to gun down a homeowner's dogs and easily get away with it.

Then there's the fact that drug sniffing K9's are trained to get "hits" on any car irregardless of whether or not they have drugs. When you reward a dog for giving you a hit and don't reward it for not, the dog will realize it's better to act a certain way and get the reward. As such K9's are a tool of oppression that give police the ability to bypass our Constitutional protection from unreasonable search and seizure.

If K9's stop being used for drug sniffing purposes and cops are held liable for murder when they shoot other dogs, maybe I'll shed a tear when this type of thing happens. Until then as far as I'm concerned this was just desserts.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

From your linked article:

"Rondo did exactly what he was trained to do," Vallejo police Lieutenant Jim Jaksch said yesterday. "The individual attacked the dog with a knife, and the dog bit him. Rondo went into that pipe so an officer didn't have to. He died doing his job."

How does a dog get a "job"? Does he follow the same path to attain said position as a human? Did he receive remuneration for the hours worked, did he have a contract, health care and benefits?

ETA: I feel sorry for the dog being forced to sacrifice its own life in the service of humans
This is nothing but spin imo.
edit on 21/1/16 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Cops kill/murder seemingly innocent people on the streets and get let off, video evidence is ignored

This is a joke by anyone's standard

It's just a sympathy grab, use a dog to get attention

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

RIP...

While I disagree that animals are serving in dangerous conditions. I have to take a moment to say....
Here in Pittsburgh PA USA. In the last couple of years. We had one German Sheppard shot and killed in the line of duty. It was heart breaking. And yes the perpetrator was charged as if the Dog was an officer of the law. Still heart breaking.

The second German Sheppard was part of a small police force in the outskirts of the city. It was a very hot day. And the Jack Ass Officer left the dog in the car. The officer assumed that if the squad car is running, the air conditioner would keep the dog cool.... after not checking on the dog for "5" Hours!!!!!!!!.... The A/C HAD FAILED FROM RUNNING TO LONG AT IDLE!..
The dog died from Heat Stroke.....

Sorry I'm one that disagrees with the use of animal in dangerous situations. In fact. I rescued a White Sheppard that was a Bomb sniffing/detection dog. Kipper and his handler were in a Hum V, when an IED went off on the right side of the Hummer. Kipper was on the left side back seat. The handler died and Kipper took a bit of shrapnel in the Hine side. Kipper did have a protective vest that helped. I was told of him from my dad whom served in the Airforce ANG. Made a phone call or 3..... and road tripped to San Antonio, Texas. Lackland Air Force Base.... had Kipper nine years now. Most Skiddish loving dog... he hates loud noises and fireworks. Hmm, I wonder why... 😕

I love my dogs. They're my family. My children. I also have 2 Weimaraner's.. Murphy is 2 at 126 pounds. And Ben (10 month) AKA Pipsqueek... both very active, loving and smart as hell. I could never put them in harms way.

edit on 21-1-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I understand your point exactly and thank you for the detailed information. I cannot argue your points, at all....

from civilian standpoint - "Our K9's are our family, our healing and our responsibility."
from the LEO/MIlitary standpoint - "Ogar was doing what he was trained to do and made the ultimate sacrifice for his team,”

Maybe in the future we can do better; either way, another soul is lost, many more effected; yes it is a tragedy.

Side note/ I too an a rescuer and I am a firm believer that "they KNOW it" .....

Thanks for 'adopting/rescuing', so to speak Big!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Love me some Weim's.... great pic!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Thank you... can't give you enough stars. Damn. I got a tear going now!😢
Thank you for rescuing too. My ambition is to get that dang Sara McLoughlin Comercial and song off the air... it's gut wrenching to see emaciated pup in a cage...

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Thank You. That is 'Evven #7' I've had nothing but Weimaraners until I saw a Lady taking 'MagWai' to the pound. MagWai is a hermaphroditic Affens Pinscher so at least I kept w/the German breeds.. Evven and 'Shorty' (unk. age Weimaraner/Staffordshire Bull Terrier mix) sit in the back of the VW GTI and MagWai sits up front on our daily trek to the dog park. If they all jump into the lake then they all ride in the back hahaha

I think they don't use Weimaraners for police work due to the dogs either opening the doors or driving the squad cars.. Evven was opening the back door the 2nd day We had Him..

Shorty (Molly) was adopted the same time We picked up 'Jasmine' Jasmine was 14 and We talked Her into moving in w/Us on a Sunday, She was scheduled for 'movement to the shelter' the next day. She followed me around for the next 7 months.. I mean I couldn't get up for a drink or bathroom break w/out Momma right at My heel.
There is a pic of Her on My wall/profile.. She is the one yawning sans any teeth...

namaste

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
Can't say I feel any sympathy at all. Killing a K9 is considered murdering a police officer according to law, but when police officers raid someone's house they are more than ready to gun down a homeowner's dogs and easily get away with it.

Then there's the fact that drug sniffing K9's are trained to get "hits" on any car irregardless of whether or not they have drugs. When you reward a dog for giving you a hit and don't reward it for not, the dog will realize it's better to act a certain way and get the reward. As such K9's are a tool of oppression that give police the ability to bypass our Constitutional protection from unreasonable search and seizure.

If K9's stop being used for drug sniffing purposes and cops are held liable for murder when they shoot other dogs, maybe I'll shed a tear when this type of thing happens. Until then as far as I'm concerned this was just desserts.

Here is what I typed in another thread re: these dogs and the way they are trained:

Greetings- As I am retired from a Ca. police dep't. w/some law enforcement at the Federal level before that, My comment may show 'bias' BUTT... this is a straight up "fishing expedition" .. The dogs are trained on a 'reward basis' so if they don't find anything they don't eat or 'rewarded' I can make the dog in My avatar "Alert" on any car and that is Evven #7 who gets bossed around by a hermaphroditic Affens Pinscher, so imagine a dog that is actually bred for those tasks, oh and they'll also 'key in on' some left over pastrami, but that won't ever show up in any police report and once these "Financial Fishermen" declare this to be a "bottle cap" they won't even write a report and they'll just wait around for another 'target'.

namaste

top topics

join