It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military sentry gun 'Adunok' by Display Inc, Belarus.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Well I just came across this video. Nothing really special about remote weapon stations or is there ?

Here's the video. Watch it or not.

Just your average run of the mill demonstration right up until about the 4:11 mark. Granted I am just a novice. But can any western counter part write their own name ?

If that was on those ground 'bots in Syria. Gonna say the west in in for a rude awakening. Their allies the Iranians will surely have it as well.

Thought i would share.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Unfortunately for Iran and other Russian allies, it takes more than a 'DISPLAY' to win a war against the west, who, in the event a a real war, will likely put a country into complete EMP darkness for 2 days so most defenses are worthless to begin with.

imho, war today is more about electronics rather than firepower.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Does that come with bluetooth and an android app?

I would like to set it up for my next deer hunting trip.

This one is also neat with One Million Rounds per Minute but I still didn't catch the deer.

edit on 39131America/ChicagoWed, 20 Jan 2016 16:39:27 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Not so sure about that. Both of them have something we don't. The political will to fight.

The west doesn't. It gets bogged down in 'money' and 'politics'.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

The paint ballers already have you covered.

www.paintballsentry.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

agreed... there sure is a lack of unity when it really matters! a good example of that is the reason ISIS still exists!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I could use about 4 of these at the perimeter of my property lol

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

imho, war today is more about electronics rather than firepower.

Which makes it all more strange the amount of chinese chips we have in our defence system along with our so called enemies?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Any automated gun can be programmed to write or draw just about anything. Nothing special about that. As is these types of things are of limited use. While down the road as they advance they will be useful in certain missions mostly against irregular forces. The US has spend a decade testing these things in Afghanistan and Iraq, they work well in support roles but, not so great in combat roles.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

it doesn't beat a drone however I expect that will be something they will make. I have seen a video of a sentry gun paintball style that a kid made in 2008 it targeted people at close range running. I will see if i can throw the video up.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Given the obvious weight and deployment time this is not as effective as it could be, nothing new either.

Here is some 1980's anti missile gattling gun fun, the navy's always got the big gun though and remember this is old and out dated technology as this is an old you tube video, Goal Keeper once standard on the old Royal Navy Type 42's.
youtu.be...

Don't be surprised if this was tried on a tracked vehicle as well though the amount of ammunition it get's through would need one hell of a magazine.

And of course the Phalanx also older technology.
youtu.be...

This russian gun is there poor younger cousin by comparison.

edit on 20-1-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

The US has spend a decade testing these things in Afghanistan and Iraq, they work well in support roles but, not so great in combat roles.

What though ?

I know the AF used predators, and reapers etc.

I know EOD used them.

I know dismounted ground forces used 'dragon runners' etc.

But what armed ground drones did we use ?

The closest thing I ever saw was lockheed Martins canceled MULE.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I see, and where is there a demonstration of the capabilities you are claiming at this time?? Surely this would have made things much easier in Iraq, Syria, and Libya??? Ukraine? I mean after all, doing so would mostly eliminate the necessity of a prolonged air campaign right, and made it much simpler for the "moderate revels" to achieve their goals??

Why is it when someone is confronted by a respectable ground weapons platform from a rival state, or any platform for the matter, someone always falls back on SUPER INFINITY POWERS!!! THE WEST WINS BY DEFAULT!

Just admit this is a respectable platform in the battlefield that compliments other systems, and is a very lethal defense. No one claims it will win a war hands down single handedly or cannot be defeated. But it is certainly one hell of an accurate fast ground force multiplier IMO.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Seen that, the electronic fireing mechanism if used on future personal assault weapons can also make them much, much smaller as well though the magazine is the barrel, fascinating I had forgotten about this.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
I could use about 4 of these at the perimeter of my property lol

lol shoots at creditors, evangelicals,Jehovah witnesses, door to door salesman's and ding dong ditchers all i need is two of the paint ball versions and a front yard totally devoid of any objects to hide behind. A camera systems for watching with remote access and a fake $100 bill pinned to the front door. Muahahhahha

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

But it is certainly one hell of an accurate fast ground force multiplier IMO.

Plus the fact drones don't eat,don't sleep, don't need water, don't need food in the traditional sense IE the logistical burden is greatly reduced.

Which translates to a lower cost for 'wars'.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

i didn't see a moving target basically everything was stationary. It can switch from stationary targets quickly but how well can it move and predict the movement of a target. and yes i saw the part with the paratroopers but the gun wasn't firing it just had them targeted hell the camera on my phone can do that with faces

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jobless1

It's hard saying what the real deal is. The target acquisition was fast. Almost too fast.

Nothing disproving the whole thing was choreographed from the get go.

As in totally automated.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

It does look rather cool.

Reminds me of the sentry guns from the Aliens movie and games.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I didn't see anything there that really sets it apart from remote weapon stations etc that we already use. They look big and heavy and if you're not mobile and able to move freely then you aren't going to last long.

Put it this way. Javelin has been found to be accurate out to just under 5000m but you're talking 2k to be sensible. A 7.62 weapon mounted on the turret is going to be maybe 800-1000 m effective and that thing will have a nice thermal signature. Do the math.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join