It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A lesson in Narrative Biblical Observation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: akushla99

It would appear you are being intellectually dishonest.

I asked you first in a course of Honest discussion you should answer accordingly.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

It would appear you are being intellectually dishonest.

I asked you first in a course of Honest discussion you should answer accordingly.

'It would appear' anyway you would accept that it 'appears' inside your own head (images, remember?)...which would seem to be the actual point of your thread - this is the second time in your thread, that you have done exactly what you are claiming in the OP, using an actual 2D image to explain how meaning gets mashed.

In the interests of your own capacity to admit (or not) that image and text-based comprehension are relevantly completely different, the 'image' of the information I have presented must be resolved within your own head, otherwise (and we already are on an intellectual merry-go-round) you have not gone anywhere from what you posited in your first post.

Å99

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

so you admit you cannot or you are not up to it or cannot observe the text of Mall 4:4?

And you admit that the text does not produce any pictures in your mind as to who what when why where which and how it is to be applied. It is ok to admit you could not apply to anyone today Or even any of the verse in its context.

No one will consider you any less because you can't.

But until you do I wont say anything about it.

edit on 24-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Hey, what about the Ricky Gervais bit? Did you watch it?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

did you not see my reason why I did not watch it in my earlier post?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Nope. Didn't see the reason.....

You still should do it.
Because, it was a brilliant illustration of what you are trying to do -
interpret a drawing -

look at the drawings in the little kids' Sunday School book - and tell me if they are accurate to "Bible Descriptions"......

ETA: OH!!!! So, the Book of Noah was not inspired by God?

You Are Correct!!!
None of the rest of the Bible is anything other than people's musings either.

edit on 1/24/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

so you admit you cannot or you are not up to it or cannot observe the text of Mall 4:4?

And you admit that the text does not produce any pictures in your mind as to who what when why where which and how it is to be applied. It is ok to admit you could not apply to anyone today Or even any of the verse in its context.

No one will consider you any less because you can't.

But until you do I wont say anything about it.

Then you're being deliberately evasive.

It is OK for you to admit you know nothing about the difference between the modes, and you've been given ample opportunity to do so - but if you're frightened to admit the error of your ways, I will forgive the childish propensity to divert from admitting even the simplest of mistakes hahahaha

You can't be seriously thinking I'd be stupid enough to swallow veiled patronising.

Explain the difference in your own words of 'decoding' as it relates to image-based versus text-based comprehension. Therein lies the flaw.

No-one will consider you any less if you admit it is a vital mistake on your part - I promise, I've polled everyone to find out hahaha

Å99
edit on 24-1-2016 by akushla99 because: Let's speak for everyone

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I had rather to try and failed than to never try at all.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Try watching the Ricky Gervais bit.

It's an excellent example of "observing" a picture and assessing it with a grown-up mind.
I appreciate your intention, though. I'm confident it's with 'helping' in mind. But, we aren't Sunday School kids.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

the whole lesson is designed for adults serious in learning how to study their Bibles, not Sunday School kid's.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

the whole lesson is designed for adults serious in learning how to study their Bibles, not Sunday School kid's.

Rly?

Well, most adults on this forum are rather beyond that.
Again - perhaps try a freshman "Born-Again" forum. I'm sure they exist.

Oop! They do!!!!
Here's one:
possibly a more receptive audience. ATS is just, well, rather not an optimal place for you to practice.

bornagainchristians.org...

Just watch the Ricky Gervais thing.....so you can get some perspective. Please?

If you're interested in knowing how others who are already graduated from your class see the Bible and interpret it.....that is.....

Because the bit talks about "fatty yellow pants", the wicked. Just watch it.
It won't infect you, or ensure you are going to hell...... It will just give you a bit more of a realistic foundation of what's going on in the world and why some of us don't take you seriously....

Sorry.
I know you mean well, and you really have good intentions.

edit on 1/27/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
one thing people need to understand when it comes to the Bible.

It is not what we see in it but what God says.

the biggest problem most have is putting their seeing above God's sayings.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

It is not what we see in it but what God says.

the biggest problem most have is putting their seeing above God's sayings.

So - you're baiting people, then?
With your 'exercise' about observation?

Yeah. Pictures (like an 'Illustrated Children's Bible' you might find in a doctor's office - or a book handed out to Sunday School kids for just "showing up".....). You know - thousands of words written down by men copying (and misquoting and misrepresenting and misinterpreting) things that other men said.

Chester, I don't know what else to say.
I don't think that you will be met with receptive adulation and applause here. Not trying to 'run you off' - just want you to be aware of the demographic on these ATS forums.

I could be wrong though.
However, DISRAELI might make a good coach for you - if this is the tack you are determined to take. See, you can't just 'shut your audience up' here...you can only realize who they are, and what they already know and so forth and so on. Trying to send them out into the hall doesn't work here.

Seriously, if you're not going to watch Ricky, at least click on the link in my signature. Bah - here you go, clicked and linked it in for ya - Just watch this:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

This is my favorite link showing the size of the universe.

Scale of the Universe

Really drives home how not only insignificant you are, but also how there are tons of things even smaller than you are Basically shows that humans aren't special in any way.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Good one! (Just so people know, it's interactive: if you're on Chrome, click your language, but then use your mouse to zoom in and out on the vid so you can see it.....)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

No Not at all.

There was no attempt by me to shut anyone up.

I simply will not go any further in what I had started.
edit on 27-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Okay. So - did you watch Ricky Gervais? And the other videos offered up?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I will take a look at them later today as I have not had time to watch them yet.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I will take a look at them later today as I have not had time to watch them yet.

That will be GREAT!!!!!

I look forward to hearing your assessment.......

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join