It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Christians, If You Vote For A Godless Man, You Are Asking For Tyranny.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The Blaze Source, More Links Within The Article!

Yes, Yet Another Trump Thread...

Now, I found this article interesting.
Pure click bait at first, I must admit it's a hobby of mine because you always find a gem...

But, but, more intriguing the more I read along.

It’s very simple. If a man has no moral center, if he has ambition but no faith, if he does not demonstrate humility or integrity, I will never vote for him for president. I don’t care who he is, what he’s done, what he says, or what positions he holds. None of that will matter when we are living under his tyranny, and tyranny is sure to follow when you give unspeakable power to a man who believes he is God.

Lulz...

I don't agree with everything this blogger says, far from it in fact.

Things like this...

John Adams said, “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” I think it goes without saying that if the governed ought to be moral and religious, certainly the governors ought to be the same, and arguably more so.

But some of the things he says are just too true to ignore.

Things like this...

That brings me to Donald Trump. I’ve tried to talk sense into Trump fans a thousand different ways and to no avail. It is a mob mentality driving Trump-mania, and mobs are famously difficult to reason with.

He dismissed Christian criticisms of the candidate by saying the qualities needed to run the country aren’t the same as the qualities needed to run a church. Finally, in a moment that appeared to be a desperate cry for help, Falwell began comparing Trump to Jesus, Martin Luther King Jr, and his own father. After about 15 excruciating minutes, he wrapped up his introduction/adoration ritual by declaring that Trump “loves this country and desires more than anything to make American great again.”

Now it's a lengthy read...
The humour seems forced, but does at times give a chuckle...

It's makes a good point to Christian Trump fans...
It also reeks of desperation...

All round good fun for all across the spectrum to enjoy.

1. Have a read.
2. Absorb the detail.
3. ???
4. Profit.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Imo, "churchianity" is tyrannical. One ruler, complex rules, threat of death if disobedient…

whats the diff…?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well, since "God" supposedly controls everything, there is no such thing as a "godless" man. All things, including the works and ways of godless men, are the work of God. Deny it at the risk of blasphemy.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
he should look around an see what the god supporters are doing currently. I would think their higher believes would make for better leadership for all, not just a few.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Gee, what a surprise. A blogger at The Blaze writing a hit piece on Trump. The Blaze is Glenn Beck's baby. The writer works for Glenn Beck. Glenn Beck is supporting Cruz. The article means absolutely nothing.

I guess Cruz isn't godless because his father told him he was one of the 'anointed kings'. Cruz is more whacked than Trump is made out to be.

"In a sermon last year at an Irving, Texas, megachurch that helped elect Ted Cruz to the United States Senate, Cruz' father Rafael Cruz indicated that his son was among the evangelical Christians who are anointed as "kings" to take control of all sectors of society"
www.alternet.org...
edit on 1jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'll take a guy like Trump over the Pope any day.

Religious people make me chuckle.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

and here i thought christianity was tyrrany, with the whole "do as you told, or go to hell" part...

edit on 20 1 2016 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Well, since "God" supposedly controls everything, there is no such thing as a "godless" man. All things, including the works and ways of godless men, are the work of God. Deny it at the risk of blasphemy.

I'm sure if you started going around claiming "Hitler was doing the work of god", you'd hear more than just accusations of blasphemy, but I suppose that's the rub in the idea of omnipotence/omniscience.
edit on 1/20/2016 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
If with "godless" you mean someone with no decency,integrity,or concern for the general population of the country in which they live- i would say that covers just about every politician,especially high-tier politicians like those running for president. I don't have a dog in this race,i am South African,just saying,politicians are not exactly godly people in general.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I'd like to see the day when an atheist candidate could run and not have to worry about Christians not voting for him because he didn't believe in god... It's sad that some think so little of other people that they MUST have a belief in god for them to lead nobly.

Also I feel like the article author didn't have to go out of his way to disparage atheists to attack Trump...
edit on 20-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The Blaze? Beck? I used to think he had half a clue but he's become a tabloid, and he pushes religion too hard (And I'm a Christian).

Second, we don't need a Christian (or other religion) in office in order to have good values or change or goals.

Finally, are we measuring the sins of each of these candidates to determine who is the most qualified according to the Bible? That should make for an interesting look at anyone currently running.
edit on 20-1-2016 by stolencar18 because: cuz

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I am pretty sure all high profile politicians worship lucifer, based on my research. You know the whole Illuminati blood pact deal. So technically he isnt godless.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The past 8 years should have been plenty of proof of concept.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Just keep pissing God off...Just keep it up.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Aye, but here's the rub. Anyone can claim to be a Christian and go to Church on Sunday, but that doesn't make him a Christian.

I do believe Ben Carson is a Christian of deep faith. Cruz---he's one of those false ones. That's your example right there.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Aye, but here's the rub. Anyone can claim to be a Christian and go to Church on Sunday, but that doesn't make him a Christian.

I do believe Ben Carson is a Christian of deep faith. Cruz---he's one of those false ones. That's your example right there.

Carson has to be one of the most genuine people I think I've seen in a while.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

You do realize that God uses the godless to do his bidding as well, right ?
They don't know it, but he maneuvers them.
Want an example, The Medes/Persians under Cyrus the Great to liberate the Jews from Babylon.
Everybody remembers "the hand writing is on the wall" that the King of Babylon saw that night, and within 24 hours his Kingdom was no more.

It is possible that Trump may be used to fulfill Bible prophesy in the near future, I thought Obama might have been the one, but he was to weak and politically correct. I am not advocating Trump by any means, but if he gets into power I think some very interesting things are going to be happening. In fact he might be the President to preside over what the bible calls the "Tribulation". Tyranny will indeed be included during this time period.
edit on 21-1-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
They are all Godless.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I was just about to point out that overlooked fact as well.

When was there ever a "leader" that followed "God"?
The very nature of politics, lying, murder, corruption etc, is surely the complete opposite of what the bible is supposed to teach, is it not?

Sure, they all like to tell us they are good Christians and will have the photo ops at the church, but lets face it, when lying is their business, why would anyone in their right mind think for one moment they were sincere about it all?

I guess it panders to the bible basher voters though!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

There are three types, those who do and can't get far. Those who don't and claim they do. Those who don't and admit it.

<<   2 >>

join