It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Identification Request - Help Needed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Could it be a wombat?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I think cats leave five pad imprints in their tracks. I'm leaning towards either dingo or large dog. Or a random monitor lizard?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Monitor lizard tracks. Kinda looks like the fourth picture.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I could only really make out the print in one of the photos, but it's definitely canine. As somebody already said, the claw marks are a give-away. If you are in Australia, I am doubting that you have cheetahs running about. The prints look quite small too, if that is a Nokia phone and I am interpreting the scale correctly.

I have seen a lot of feral dogs. They are not like wolves at all - they almost never form packs, because in most dogs that instinct is lost, and if you do a little reading on how packs are formed you will see that they do not consist of unrelated animals signing up. The feral dogs who live the longest are the ones who stay around humans. Even if you live in a rural area, there are almost certainly feral dogs around, and you may not see them, though they often tend to pass closely by people's houses in search of food.

And don't think a dog won't go straight through an electric fence. I've seen dogs go under them, over them, and straight between the wires.

Dogs can sometimes steal calves, too. And sheep, if they're around. And chickens. If you're concerned about what animal is passing through your land, call your local hunter/trapper.
edit on 21-1-2016 by Volchitsa because: Блядь Пиздет

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Volchitsa

As somebody already said, the claw marks are a give-away.

Actually, while I believe we have indeed come to the conclusion that the marks are canine in origin, the claw marks were not the "dead giveaway", rather, the shape of the print itself was the ultimate decider.

if that is a Nokia phone and I am interpreting the scale correctly.

I am not sure if the phone is a Nokia, but I can tell you that it is exactly 15cm long.

And don't think a dog won't go straight through an electric fence. I've seen dogs go under them, over them, and straight between the wires.

The fence was mostly in relation to my own dog, who is terrified of them and will not pass through them.

If you're concerned about what animal is passing through your land, call your local hunter/trapper.

Not really, these pictures were taken many years ago, but thank you for the advice.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort

Monitor lizard tracks. Kinda looks like the fourth picture.

These are wallaby tracks (feet side by side). There is some similarity, but in Eilasvaleleyns' pics there is one heel pad and definite toe pads.

edit on 21-1-2016 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: Cogito, Ergo Sum

No, no real reason to do so. Our dog doesn't really ever leave the property unaccompanied, and even if he had the prints are in a location that he shouldn't have been able to get to that easily (electric fence in the way.)
The only times he's left the property is when there has been no one home, the gate is open, and there are gunshots or thunder in the air. In those situations, he has gone straight up or down the road. To reach the location of these prints, he would have to go straight across the road, through an electric fence, then head to our neighbor's chicken coop.

Regardless, I wanted to know what type of animal it was, not the specific sub-species. We'll go with Canine: My Dog (or a Big Wild One, but probably My Dog). Thank you for your assistance.

I might try to get a comparative one the next time it rains, but I have no idea when that will happen.

Fair enough. I can see why you might wonder re big cats, though I have seen some huge feral dog tracks. I have also looked into some big cat reports, usually find either nothing, or that people had mistaken the rear end/tail of a swamp wallaby for a panther. Was one time I found some very hard to explain tracks though. Who knows?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join