It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American politicians should be indicted for running a criminal enterprise

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No matter how you look at it Phage, this is a problem for the majority of Americans.
Why bother having a government and taxes or country if they are not serving the interests of all Americans.

represent.us...

The preferences of the average American appear to have only a miniscule, near-zero, statistically non-significant impact upon public policy.”
One thing that does have an influence? Money. While the opinions of the bottom 90% of income earners in America have a “statistically non-significant impact,” economic elites, business interests, and people who can afford lobbyists still carry major influence.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
What we need are members of the public who can monitor every division of our government to make sure everything is being run legally. It's either that or there will be a full-blown revolt at some point. The reigns of power must be restored to the people and the States. This Federal monster has become a multi-headed hydra that does nothing but suck the lifeblood of the country and is NEVER held accountable, for anything. Case in point: The fallout from the multiple failures on 9/11 was promotions!

We had our chance to reign in the beast during Iran Contra but the investigation and prosecution became a national disgrace of caving in to DC and AIPAC influence. GHWB, Cheney, Rummy and others were allowed to continue their illegal shadow government activities until it has become the norm.
edit on 17-1-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Yah lets just pick ONLY the reporters who will ask THEM the questions ONLY they want to answer lol THATS WHY!!

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Thank you! i know im not the smartest BUT i have heart and compassion for my nation AND I KNOW SOMTHING IS BIG TIME WRONG!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

While the opinions of the bottom 90% of income earners in America have a “statistically non-significant impact,” economic elites, business interests, and people who can afford lobbyists still carry major influence.
How many of that 90% communicate with their representatives and make their feelings known to them? It doesn't cost much to send an email or make a phone call. I've done it. And gotten replies. Have you?

But if it is fundraising that's the problem, aren't the voters culpable to some degree for falling for the advertising which the funds buy?

edit on 1/17/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
That’s all we can do right now to stop this crime amongst us.

The people don’t even realize their life is being run by criminals on the par with the mafia and international drug dealers.

They lie, steal, and get caught and yet a great portion of the American people still think many of these crooked politicians are heroes.

What a wonderful thread... the reason the Mob got cranked down
on in the 50's was the government doesn't like competition. Then
like the Nazi doctors, the real creative guys changed sides of the rail.
Bumped.. and bumped off too. perfect.

Why no obiously overdue reprisals? Simple..
There's nothing like a good neurotoxin cocktail and
light pulse photon numbing of the temporals. God I
love it: the TV's gone since Olbermann got fired, and
I'm still as dumb as a frozen shrimp. Hold the Sau-Sea
Cocktail sauce, it makes my old nose hairs curl up now...

"The more we do to you, the less you seem to notice
we're doing it." Joe Mengele, snappy dresser.

If there was some magic-wand antidote for what the
average American has been swimming around in for
100 years-- and all woke up tomorrow morning we'd
be Henry Ford x 300 million. That's a lot of sisal... and
I wonder if there are enough lampposts for the deserving.

edit on 17-1-2016 by derfreebie because: Credit where it's spew.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This is an awesome rant, but nowhere have I seen any law breaking being done. Campaign finance reform needs to happen, but the Republicans believe that Corporations are people too, ask Mitt, if you can get his face out of his binders full of women.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

MAYBE THE PUBLIC IS TOOOO TIRES FROM 3 JOBS THEY HAVE TO KEEP TO FEED THEIR FAMILIES!! OR MAYB THE PEOPLE R TOOOO DRUGGED UP FROM ALLL THE CHEMICALS IN THE AIR WATER AND FOOD.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carmilly123
Then maybe nothing can be done if all they do is complain to each other about it and yell on internet forums.

edit on 1/17/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

While the opinions of the bottom 90% of income earners in America have a “statistically non-significant impact,” economic elites, business interests, and people who can afford lobbyists still carry major influence.
How many of that 90% communicate with their representatives and make their feelings known to them? It doesn't cost much to send an email or make a phone call. I've done it. And gotten replies. Have you?

But if it is fundraising that's the problem, aren't the voters culpable to some degree for falling for the advertising which the funds buy?

I and many others have spoken out and sent emails as well on being against Monsanto Labeling, The TPP and so on and in return have thumbed their noses at us. When it comes to minor social issues they may do something but when it comes to their precious chosen corporations with deep pockets, nothing changes.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Im ready are you?? What will u stand up for??

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: carmilly123

MAYBE THE PUBLIC IS TOOOO TIRES FROM 3 JOBS THEY HAVE TO KEEP TO FEED THEIR FAMILIES!! OR MAYB THE PEOPLE R TOOOO DRUGGED UP FROM ALLL THE CHEMICALS IN THE AIR WATER AND FOOD.

Some of us live within our means, and make due on our part time jobs. I am a veteran, and probably been exposed to more chemicals than you can even imagine, and was never in combat, and had, what most would consider a safe job.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

That is why it will not b peaceful when change starts...

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Thank u for ur service
much respect
BUT this is what im talkn about!!! Why did they have the right to subject u to chemicals??

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I and many others have spoken out and sent emails as well on being against Monsanto Labeling, The TPP and so on and in return have thumbed their noses at us.

Labeling is a local issue (personally, I think it's a dumb idea).

The TPP passed narrowly, apparently 208 members of the House agreed with you.

When it comes to minor social issues they may do something but when it comes to their precious chosen corporations with deep pockets, nothing changes.
I agree that Congress hasn't done much of anything. For a while now. I don't think that has to do with money though, it's more about pissing matches.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: carmilly123

Im ready are you?? What will u stand up for??

I signed a document a many years ago that said I would protect and defend the US Constitution, I did it voluntarily. I am appalled at the interpretation that some make of that document. I have not been active duty for many years, but am still determined to protect and defend that document.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I agree that Congress hasn't done much of anything. For a while now. I don't think that has to do with money though, it's more about pissing matches

This right here, we live in a huge country, my concerns do not match yours, but that doesn't make us enemies, unlike many would like us to believe.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Labeling is a local issue (personally, I think it's a dumb idea).

It's not a LOCAL issue when the products are being sold country wide, world wide.
I guess you find that labeling ingredients is a dumb idea, or labeling nutritional facts is another dumb idea?

Your constant defence for the status quo, now that's what's dumb.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

I guess you find that labeling ingredients is a dumb idea, or labeling nutritional facts is another dumb idea?
Not at all. But I think that labeling GM products is dumb because it will not result in a better informed consumer.

A non-GM label shows those who are concerned exactly what they want to know. A label which says "may contain GM material" tells them nothing they don't already know.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1/18/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

a reply to: theMediator

...labeling GM products is dumb because it will not result in a better informed consumer.

What kind of doubletalk is that? Identifying a product as an engineered genetic freak show will result in a hell of a lot more informed consumer.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join