It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas To Shun Refugees From Every Country In The World - repost

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Seriously? I hope they recall him. That guy is bonkers with those policies.

Serious as a brain hemorrhage.
He is bonkers; unfortunately the pockets of enlightened, educated voters in the northeast area don't outnumber the rural, poorly educated, uber-conservative rest of the state.

Sam Brownback was, in his days in Congress and the Senate, one of the most prominent national leaders of the Republican Party’s moral-purity wing; he even briefly ran for president in 2007. Matters of the spirit were quite the thing in conservative rhetoric in those days, and Brownback was always in that movement’s fore, crusading against offensive entertainment, stem cell research, and other abominations. Put a man like Brownback in charge of an executive branch, however, and a different figure emerges. He wanted to build a “red-state model” in Kansas, he used to say, a community of righteousness that could “show the way back to being America again.” What he has constructed instead is a microcosm of everything that is wrong and disastrous with conservative governance.

In Brownbackistan, everything is awesome! And don’t let any liberal tell you different

LOL!! Yeah - I'm telling everybody different. It isn't awesome. It isn't awesome at all.

The wrecking crew is in full swing in Kansas, and for once the people there seem to be ticked off about it. Once the hero of the state’s sin-hating millions, Sam Brownback is unpopular today. Indeed, his situation is so bad that the only sure way he can be rescued is by a mass disregard for economic reality—by cognitive blinders strapped on simultaneously by millions of individuals.

Just do a search for Brownback New Apostolic Reformation (NAR) /Dominionism..... you'll get hundreds of results.....

Sam Brownback: The Dominionist's Man In Washington (from 2010)

Sam Brownback Accused Of Seeking 'Absolute Control' For Kansas Conservatives (2013)

Kansas Court Could Kill the Right to a Decent Public Education (2014)

In 2012, tea party-aligned legislators in the reliably red state of Kansas, backed by deep-pocketed outside groups, were able to purge Republicans they viewed as insufficiently devoted to Governor Sam Brownback’s right wing agenda. Since then, Kansas, like North Carolina, has become a test bed for conservative policy-making.

Kansas’ current constitutional crisis has its genesis in a series of cuts to school funding that began in 2009. The cuts were accelerated by a $1.1 billion tax break, which benefited mostly upper-income Kansans, proposed by Governor Brownback and enacted in 2012.

Overall, the Legislature slashed public education funding to 16.5 percent below the 2008 level, triggering significant program reductions in schools across the state.

America's own Taliban:
A fast growing right-wing politico-religious presence plans to implement an end-times, Christian theocracy in the US.

One such example revolved around Kansas Governor Sam Brownback, formerly a US senator.

"Brownback has taken part in NAR 'Reconciliation' events since 2003, and subsequently introduced Senate resolutions apologising to Native Americans," Tabachnick wrote at Talk2Action.org last year. "These Reconciliation ceremonies are not about pluralism, but about proselytising - for both charismatic evangelical belief and right wing politics."

But - but - they want what's BEST FOR THE KIDS!

Yeah, right.

edit on 1/18/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The more fear we have, the more conservative we become.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I'm actually speechless here. I can't think of what to say about how dumb this guy is. I hope you guys succeed in getting him recalled. When's his term limit up?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

He began his second four-year term on January 12, 2015 - yeah, so - three more years, or after the rapture - whichever comes first.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Seriously? I hope they recall him. That guy is bonkers with those policies. I mean there is catering to your base and then there is taking it too far. And actions like the OP are taking it too far. Why should African refugees suffer for the actions of a small country hundreds of miles away from where they are?

Why are they refugees, and why are they being resettled?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

It was a hypothetical. He's banning ALL refugees. So if a conflict would arise elsewhere in the world they would be denied entry as refugees as well.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

He began his second four-year term on January 12, 2015 - yeah, so - three more years, or after the rapture - whichever comes first.

Sorry to joke at your expense but I foresee some more comedy political gold coming out of Kansas in the next 3 years. Now he doesn't have to worry about reelection, that's when the gloves come off.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Hey, if we can't laugh at it, we would surely die.

At least it will go down in history as a totally failed state. My kids are grown now, and my daughter got out back in 2007. She went to University at Northwestern (on a merit scholarship - graduated from high school BEFORE Brownback got here - back when the district had money and brains), and has only come back at holidays. She's now already relocated to Colorado -- YAY! ....asap, I will follow her.
edit on 1/18/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Hey, if we can't laugh at it, we would surely die.

SCORE! That's my life philosophy. I'm one of the most upbeat and laid back people you can meet and VERY tough to anger.

At least it will go down in history as a totally failed state. My kids are grown now, and my daughter got out back in 2007. She went to University at Northwestern (on a merit scholarship - graduated from high school BEFORE Brownback got here - back when the district had money and brains), and has only come back at holidays. She's now already relocated to Colorado -- YAY! ....asap, I will follow her.

Good luck!

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Glad to see someone has the balls to stand up to political correctness.
I See the bigger picture here its to have a bad totalitarian ideology come in and try enforce it self into a society with out integrating. This will cause a major uproar by citizens eventually kicking off a civil war eventually, then having the UN come in and sweep up the mess enforcing martial law on the path of 21.

Most refugees can be helped in there own countries. We have green groups in Australia that have these policies to let them in, but they are a contradiction to them self as their main agenda is saving the environment but they are all for increasing the population bubble, going against their beliefs as a green group by increasing the population would mean the house bubble expands, while it expands we would be clearing more nature, consuming more water, increasing sewerage increases would be causing environmental effects the whole idea of having a green political party's purpose has been defeated in one sweep...

Hope we wake up soon before its too late.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: amraks

If you'd like to do a residence exchange, let me know.
I would gladly swap places - and you can get a taste of what it's like LIVING with these idiotic policies.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It was a hypothetical. He's banning ALL refugees. So if a conflict would arise elsewhere in the world they would be denied entry as refugees as well.

"No department, commission, board or agency of the government of the State of Kansas shall aid, cooperate with, or assist in any way the relocation of refugees that present a safety and security risk to the State of Kansas, until such time as an adequate vetting process is in place with adequate assurances to the State."

So where is he banning all refugees just because they are refugees? Looks like he wants more security for Kansas.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Define "refugees that present a safety and security risk". That can apply to any refugee for any reason whatsoever.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join