It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Encouraging people to turn to God!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

So no example then. Thought as much.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
There is an amazing power in the name of Jesus
Just verbal isle His name en you feel spiritually oppressed, aliens, demons, whatever.
Just the name spoken, thought will cause oppressive spirits to flee.

Whenever I speak the name "jesus", my reaction is closer akin to the realization of how many people have been mislead from reality. I have yet to feel any spiritual lift you claim to get. That alone is evidence that it's all in your mind.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

It is up to you to prove your point. Millions of people worlwide of Gods, by whatever name they use, and evil, by whatever name they use.

I don't have to prove anything.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
It is up to you to prove your point.

No, this is not how logic works.

If a person makes a claim, it is not up to everyone else to disprove it, it's up to the person making the claim to provide evidence to show their claim actually exists.

I can go around saying that the universes functionality revolves around the workings of microscopic invisible unicorns that cannot be detected by any present or future technology. Do you consider that claim factual? I hope not, because I haven't given you any evidence that shows my claim to be valid. Until I do, it is perfectly reasonable to dismiss it as nonsense, otherwise anything and everything anybody ever says is just as valid as everything else.

Do you not see the issue with that?

Millions of people worlwide of Gods, by whatever name they use, and evil, by whatever name they use.

I'm not sure how you don't realize how that is actual evidence to show that gods do not exist, rather than giving them validity. If everyone believed in one god, no matter what their geological background, all throughout human history, I would say you're on to something. However, that is not the case.

Every single culture has a different god until that god is forced upon other cultures through the takeover of another land. This fact is evident throughout history.

We know for a fact that activating specific parts of the brain create a 'religious/spiritual event for that person'. Which means we know for a fact that these events occur naturally from ourselves, individually.

We have evidence that shows why religion began, and it was certainly not mystical at all.

We have evidence that religions evolve from other religions, not because a god actually showed up, but because stories change over time, gradually. Christianity is a great example of it, considering the vast majority of nearly every story within the bible can be traced back to older religions, and religions that were in the geographical location of where christianity began to become populous.

Every single thing in human history and nature goes against the validity of every single religion.

I don't have to prove anything.

Just like I don't have to prove that you were really just created last Thursday with all your memories in chronological order, and already pre-aged to fit the timeline the 'real creator' designed for us. Everything was created last Thursday. And I don't need to prove it because faith trumps logic.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Even if you die from disasters or anything, giving yourself to God is all that matters, this existance couldn't be all that is, there is too much meaning to it, to end just like that. God gives us the afterlife to look forward to.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

Thats the thing: everybody should appreciate the good of God's commands. Not blame Him for our stupidity and selfishness.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Thank you, well said. Evil exists, there are too many people that had to deal with it and werent all imagining!!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepowerisinyou
Even if you die from disasters or anything, giving yourself to God is all that matters

Alright, I'll start praying to Zeus right away.

this existance couldn't be all that is

So far the evidence all points to this being all that there is, thus there is no reason to assume otherwise until new information proves otherwise.

Why is this life so terrible anyway? If this were just some 'test' to get into heaven, or any other thing, then that makes our time here completely meaningless. Without that unproven concept, every single action a person takes means so much more. Every life becomes that much more precious, because it may be our only one. Everything becomes that much more beautiful when there isn't some notion that "it's all here to test us".

there is too much meaning to it

I have yet to witness any 'meaning' to anything. Which means 'meaning" is entirely subjective to individuality.

What is the meaning of an event in space that occurs so for away that no one will notice, and it will never effect us? The same goes for any event here on earth with the same witnessed properties.

God gives us the afterlife to look forward to.

No, a fictional book written thousands of years ago by individuals who write about a character they've never met personally (that being Jesus), and who clearly plagiarized nearly every word from previous religions tell you that there is an afterlife, and for some reason you're compelled to believe them.

It can be very frightening coming to acknowledge that what you've been pressured to believe in, and have spent so much energy and effort to formulate your life around is actually false.

However, is a life really lived if it's totality consisted of living in fear that an invisible, unprovable being might exist, and in order to believe such a story commands the rejection of reality and the suppression of the information around us?

Should we allow a drug addict to continue using simply because the high gives them a simulated pleasure, despite the destruction it can do to their own body, and the pain it can cause their onlooking family and friends?

Or should we simply allow a person to stay delusional.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: thepowerisinyou

What about us that feel no need for belief in a god? I don't wish to stop you true believers having your faith, by any means, so I haven't spouted my views that there is no God, do you in yourself respect my views?
I personally have no need for faith in a higher power, so I see no need to appreciate the goodness of a God. Is that acceptable to you? Or for you to care for my opinion must I be religious?

Not being a tw@, I assure you, it is a genuine question. Personally I am glad you have found comfort, which is the one reason I do not actively try to eradicate religion. If it makes people feel good, it is not my place. Personally, I take comfort from the idea that all the great works I do, are because of me, and also any evil I do, is because of me.

Is that as valid to you as your comfort is to me?

(also I clarified earlier,I do not blame god for man's ills, I was blaming man for the claims that any evil done by those who beliefs are often (and also often incorrectly) justified by their religion. Not an insult to any deity, per se, but an insult to those that use their faith as an excuse. I even apologised for making it unclear)
edit on 13/1/2016 by Learningman because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/1/2016 by Learningman because: bad grammar

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

S&F!!

Fear comes in many ways but the fear you speak of comes from being traumatized possibly as a small child. This is when the spirit of fear will take hold of you and remind you of this fear throughout your life. The spirit of fear can be defeated with various prayers and by rebuking it .....all being said outloud..... like making a statement.

It is not normal for your baby to have nightmares. The first thing evil spirits go after small children. So lets get her baptised if she isn't already. Then dedicate your child to the one true God and to his only begotten son, Jesus the Christ.

One last thing.... here is a big secret...... 99% of all evil spirits are wimps and cowards. Call out the only name that will save you and your family from evil spiritual attacks....Jesus Christ and command it to leave in peace and it will and if it does not keep saying it over and over and if it still is hanging around.....then it is that 1% I have not spoken of. Get a priest or a trained demonologist to assist you. Contact the local Bishop who will assist you with this.

Keep your faith and learn how to grow in faith and watch how peace will fall upon you.

God bless you and your family.

edit on 13-1-2016 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I disagree wholeheartedly but bravo on being a thoughtful and caring human being. Hopefully these 'demons' can be overcome
respect to you DeathSlayer. This is the kind of Christian i have absolutely no problem with interacting with. Much love buddy. I might even pray for them if they feel it would help, being an unbeliever as I am. Depression and feeling oppressed is one of the things I feel that if you are religious can be healed by the knowledge others are there for you, even if they are from a different background.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Being it is that you are a person and not a spirit I would have figured as much

My post was vague due to many typos, I was talking in a spiritual context.

I think the Mormons do the burning of the bosom, feelings thing

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Only correct statement made in your diatribe. "Faith trumps logic"

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

You're free to actually provide a rebuttal to my comments.

Faith cannot possible trump anything when there are so many different faiths to begin with. What do you have to offer that your ideology is more superior to a faith that has multiple gods? Or a faith that everything was created last Thursday, with age and false memories in place?

When you deny logic, you embrace delusion.
edit on 13/1/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

You bet. I keep my spirit light and tight.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

so my faith in Satan IS correct!? Thank you for the validation!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

You're free to actually provide a rebuttal to my comments.

Faith cannot possible trump anything when there are so many different faiths to begin with. What do you have to offer that your ideology is more superior to a faith that has multiple gods? Or a faith that everything was created last Thursday, with age and false memories in place?

When you deny logic, you embrace delusion.

There goes the persecuting atheist, stealing a christians joy bu condemning humanity to endless nothing
You get upset by the mere suggestion of hell that you dont believe in yet condemn humanity to nirvana

your proselytizing is as bad as that you condemn christians for.

You talk logic and delusion and base i all on what?

Arrogance? Superiority? I see nothing than mere internet bullying

You have a faith that you are correct, just with no evidence.
I dont understand why?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

as opposed ou your belief that we believe your exact beliefs otherwise we go to hell? jog on. suck a dick.
edit on 13/1/2016 by Learningman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

There goes the persecuting atheist, stealing a christians joy bu condemning humanity to endless nothing

I'm not persecuting anyone. I am pointing out logical fallacies, however.

You can hold whatever beliefs you want, but when you state something as a matter of fact, when in fact that 'matter of fact' is false, I'm going to point that falsehood out to you.

You get upset by the mere suggestion of hell that you dont believe in yet condemn humanity to nirvana

Again, I'm not upset of the notion of hell, but I will show how illogical the concept of hell is if god is supposed to be this Loving, Forgiving, so on and so forth being. It just doesn't make any sense.

your proselytizing is as bad as that you condemn christians for.

I can't actually proselytize anyone, because Atheism isn't a religion.

You talk logic and delusion and base i all on what?

Logical arguments, facts, information we can test, observations.

Arrogance? Superiority? I see nothing than mere internet bullying

If my comments are mere bullying, arrogance, and superiority issues, then surely it must be false information.

Why not shut me up by responding to the actual content of my posts with information that counters my claims. If you're unable to achieve that then it's not that my posts were arrogant, superiority driven bullying, but simply fact vs falsehood, and your position was simply proven wrong.

You have a faith that you are correct, just with no evidence.

I've made a number of comments, if you could specifically pick out the ones you're referring to individually, I will be more than willing to provide citations.

I dont understand why?

I'm not sure why you don't understand why. This very post of yours is basically a copy and paste response to a number of other threads in which you've stated the exact same thing about my posts, without any rebuttal to the content within them. In each one of those threads I have already explained to you why I feel the need to address the comments in topics/posts such as this one.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

What gives you the right to decide what truth is, do you know everything?

As for atheism being a religion, you want to convert the religious to atheism, thats clear in all your posts, you are very preachy.

I cant prove there is a God and you cant prove one doesnt exist.

Can you, you act like you know everything, even whats good for me.
Where is your proof

Now dont get all hi and mighty, dont get your knickers in a twist.
Simply you dont know everything

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join