It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atempted Murder(via shooting) at a Calgary nightclub

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Well seems that two men just walked into a Night club in Calgary and starting trying to shoot people.

One 38 year old man was injured he took a bullet in his upper torso.

The bouncers who works part time at the bar managed to tackle and subdue the shooters with their bare hands no doubt saving several lives. Sadly one quit his job in fear for his own life.

This one hits a little closer to home....I like going to Calgary.

calgaryherald.com...

No motives as of yet.
edit on 11-1-2016 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

From your source:

Police have charged both Mohamed Elmi, 31, and Mohamed Salad, 29, with attempted murder in relation to the shooting.

They also face other charges, including unauthorized possession of a firearm, aggravated assault and possession of a firearm with an altered or defaced serial number.

Ungood.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This is not good for Calgarians at all especially now that Canada as a whole has taken in 10,000 Syrian refugees to be made welcome to a new home.

How will Canadians receipt to this news? Scary to know this is probably just the beginning of things to come.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I doubt this is terror related..more to do with the drug trade.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
vonclod

I doubt this is terror related..more to do with the drug trade.

Until further evidence surfaces about this news, we cannot conclude it is with the drug industry unless you know something about this personally and have been in contact with these two individuals.

And I never said it had something to do with terrorism, but until then, random shooting doesn't justify anything but that unless they have a mental disorder for doing just an act.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Alberta in general is a sh.t show right now.

Crime and suicide rates are through the roof. There are attempted murders, beatings, burglaries almost every week in some areas.

Now that the boom in the west is starting to die down, people are loosing their jobs in huge numbers. These are people who lived the high life for ten years, getting huge mortages, cars etc.

Now they can't pay for any of it, most of them are plants from down East where there was no work to begin with. Now they can't come home due to lack of money and can't pay their current bills because of the same.

It's really getting out of hand in that province.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

As somebody who frequents alberta quite a bit, it's more than likely drug related. There's a HUGE market there for coc aine and the like since coc aine is a rich man's drug and there were plenty of newly 'rich minded' folk that started moving there in the last 15 years.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

"been in contact with these two individuals"

Whatever buddy..have a nice day

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
But the shooting in the nightclub didn't have anything to do with the individual being shot owing money to these two guys does it? Are these two hitmen for a money shark?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
So then tell me Tenth...does this quote justify it had anything to do with drug trade?

The bouncer said he watched security footage of the incident and said it shows the suspect exiting a vehicle that stopped about 15 feet from the nightclub’s front doors.

“You can see the gun in his right hand, it’s not a small pistol. He gets about five feet away from the door, flips his hood up, aims his gun and starts firing,” Wallace said.

The incident was labelled a “senseless and random act of violence” in a statement released Sunday by the nightclub where the shooting occurred.

Please tell me it does...because I have been suggesting otherwise.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I lived in Hinton, AB about 10 years ago. The place was horrible and flooded with meth.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Was there shots fired?

Yes.

Was somebody hit?

Yes.

So how is it an "attempted shooting?" That title escapes me.

I am, however, interested in knowing what exactly the shooter was yelling while inside the club. That would likely be at least somewhat indicative of what the motivation was for the shooting.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

No. I didn't say anything in the article did. It doesn't provide a motive one way or another.

There's also a big hatred of LEO's out in that part as well, and gang violence with initiation ceremonies that could be just going out and shooting up a place.

If you just google crime in Alberta, the Fox Creek, Grand Prairie sort of area especially, you'll see there's a lot of senseless violence being committed by people who have basically nowhere to go after losing their jobs.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
And the Boy King is letting more of these guys into our country to the tune of 25,000 to 50,000
What a relief.
Not.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Cynic

Right now immigrants has nothing to do with these gunmen unless the motive was otherwise drug related crime according to crime happening in Alberta related to economy and the like.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Hey... wait just a minute Sky. Don't start confusing things by bringing reality into the discussion. A sizeable number of people here need things to be simple Sesame-Street-black-and-white. That's as fast as their pointy little heads can go. And besides, everything is Obama's fault. Hadn't you heard?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Wait, we can use Obama as an excuse here in Canada? Holy crap have I been missing out

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This story has the surveillance video. I'm amazed at how fast the RCMP showed up.

globalnews.ca...

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
True enough should read attempted murder to be fair. I was going to put attempted mass shooting but I couldn't confirm that because they may have been after only one person.

In my post ferver I botched the title my bad you got me there.fixed it for yea buddy!

Hopfully it's an isolated incident

a reply to: Shamrock6

edit on 11-1-2016 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You wound me. Not. We don't need to import someone else problems. Just ask the Europeans how that's working out for them.
Don't go away mad, just go away.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join