It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dyatlov pass is at it again.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I hope this is the right place,sorry if you feel you need to move it mods.

It seems Dyatlov pass is once more causing mysteries. The article says that some group found about a 50 year old man dead in the same area as the 9 hikers that died back in '59. It has been mentioned on here on and off before. Now they have lost contact with the reporting group due to bad weather. I hope that all are safe.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.rt.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Due to bad weather conditions emergency groups are unable to reach the barely-accessible site where the body was found. Some reports suggest that it is a male of about 50 years old.

Who in there right mind would roam around in that place all alone , locals ?

anyway thanks for the thread

EDIT: i need to read better lol , still no place to go hiking though

edit on 10-1-2016 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
I hope this is the right place,sorry if you feel you need to move it mods.

It seems Dyatlov pass is once more causing mysteries. The article says that some group found about a 50 year old man dead in the same area as the 9 hikers that died back in '59. It has been mentioned on here on and off before. Now they have lost contact with the reporting group due to bad weather. I hope that all are safe.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.rt.com...

Wow, good find,

Maybe we will finally get disclosure.

Will be keeping a close eye on this thread

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I too am keeping an eye on this thread. Came in earlier to star and flag. The original mystery has always blown my mind.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Exploring the mystery of some place where people froze will result in yes, more people popsicles.

Scene from Mom and Dad Save the World, the light grenade---

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Peepsicle?
edit on 10-1-2016 by Dimithae because: corrected spelling

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Really strange incident, and the 1959 saga was as if the whole party was hunted down and killed in a really savage way.

As with anything that you are not apart of who knows what they may have come across, maybe even by shear accident?? or maybe even on purpose. Whatever it was they had zero time to access the situation due to the unclothed nature of some of the bodies and did a few of them not have missing body parts?.

Hold on so 9 people went missing in the 1959 group and now 9 other people have lost contact due to "bad weather".. Also just read about the location translation of the location the original tent was found being called the "mountain of the dead"... So what is the back story to that??..

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
a reply to: intrptr

Peepsicle?

The correct term is corpsesicle.

Mountain passes are cold mothers - I know.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I hope that all are safe.

In that place ? Really? I would say that right now, they're anything but safe.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

From what I remember reading of it was that one person had a missing tongue and maybe more, some had internal injuries only, and as you said some left their tent so fast that they apparently didn't have time to get full clothed. I think I read that they also cut a hole in their tent to escape from the inside instead of using the normal way out for some reason, and that that ones that weren't killed by some type of force, died of hypothermia while hiding some distance away from the others and that one was trying to climb a tree. There's also apparently photos that one of them took of a Bigfoot and that they wrote in one of their journals that their finally knew Bigfoot was real. But then there's other theory's that the site were they died was home to a nearby secret Russian weapons test site. Idk how much is true if what but either way its a really interesting case..

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
freaky deaky indeed, gonna keep checkin back in on this one.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The Japanese Suicide Forest is scary as well.

en.wikipedia.org...

Hoia Baciu Forest in Romania with the weird trees would be scary as well

traveltripjourney.blogspot.ca...

I think when you leave the safety of "civilized society" and venture out in to the wild, your mind had better be pretty strong to survive the isolation, otherwise you would go mad.

edit on 10-1-2016 by thejeremybenthem because: ?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Well, it could prove interesting to learn how and when he died, and what, if anything, has happened to the party that located his body. Creepy story, that one. The official explanations just don't cut it, but I suspect they don't really have any better idea than we do. So, offering the best they can. Why anyone would want to hike there, I can't imagine. Not even for money!

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
There is a movie (not the greatest) called Devil's Pass. Its a "Found Footage" kind of thing, where these film students go to Dyatlov pass to investigate what happened to the original 9 hikers. It covers most of the main theories pretty well.
I found if on netflix some time last year quite by accident and it is what sparked my interest in the whole incident. For those of you who can survive just a little above basic acting, the plot and "story" are worth it.

edit: I would like to point out that this is NOT a documentary, but supposed to be a scary movie flick
edit on 1-11-2016 by Squirlli because: info

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DimensionalShift

Yeah thanks for the info, I have not looked into this event for many years.. It seems the current thinking is of a Military bomb test in the area that would inflict internal injuries but no obvious signs on the outside but then I do remember reading some of the bodies had a "tanned" complection?. Also I am not sure what the rational would be to climb a tree in such a situation as confirmed by the rescue party where one of the victims was found.

If time allows I would also like to look into the party member who turned back the morning that they set out on their last day before the incident claiming illness. Also yes I was reminded that there was a note not sure in a journal or not stating "we now know the snowmen are real" or words to that effect.

Just looked at updates on the current situation and it still seems no contact had been made and looking at the weather forecast for the area around Talovo it is showing simply as light snow flurries which does not really say that there is any really adverse weather in the region??..

I will give it 48-72 hours if nothing is heard from them really hit the panic button, as thus far we have 1 confirmed death on the pass as it stands..

RA

P.S

Just noticed there is a new Wiki edit "2016 incident" stating that another body has been found and that 9 other tourist are missing..

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 11-1-2016 by slider1982 because: More information

edit on 11-1-2016 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: thejeremybenthem
I think when you leave the safety of "civilized society" and venture out in to the wild, your mind had better be pretty strong to survive the isolation, otherwise you would go mad.

The Wild is usually a welcoming place, but the thing is, you do have a chance of encountering something unexpected. In my case, it has meant my first sightings of bald eagles, armadillos (at close range), and wonderful views of nature. Just once in your life you should stand at the top of a mountain you have climbed or hiked up, and enjoy the view.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The original 9 victims were most likely savagely mauled and mutilated by a crazed starving Yeti, you know a Sasquatch or Bigfoot, that entered their camp during the wee hours of the night.

A Yeti lives in higher elevations and much more harsh, colder environments than the Pacific Northwest. There is less game higher up near the Timberline, I know because I have been Mountaineering my entire adult life.

This particular wretched beast was probably already going mad from hunger, which would explain the conditions of some of the victims bodies.

Can you imagine the horror of waking up to its face stuck inside your tent? The smell alone of these creatures are rumored to cause instant vomiting.

No wonder why one of the victims was trying to climb a tree. It must have been a horrifying experience. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation
The original 9 victims were most likely savagely mauled and mutilated by a crazed starving Yeti, you know a Sasquatch or Bigfoot, that entered their camp during the wee hours of the night.

A Yeti lives in higher elevations and much more harsh, colder environments than the Pacific Northwest. There is less game higher up near the Timberline, I know because I have been Mountaineering my entire adult life.

This particular wretched beast was probably already going mad from hunger, which would explain the conditions of some of the victims bodies.

Can you imagine the horror of waking up to its face stuck inside your tent? The smell alone of these creatures are rumored to cause instant vomiting.

No wonder why one of the victims was trying to climb a tree. It must have been a horrifying experience. ~$heopleNation

Most likely ? Possibly ? Maybe ? Oh well, you have a good imagination.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Okeyd57

Prove I am wrong. See how that works? Lmao! ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Group 9 persons, senior Samarin from Perm did not get in touch, should return 17.01 unknown tourist loner from Perm died , another tourist loner from Miass alive but frostbitten hands ( funniest city in English language ) . weather conditions can see here youtu.be...
edit on 12/1/16 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join