It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity Research

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Best part of it would be the stickers i think... also not sure I want someone to get as upset as they appear to do in real life as they do on the forums If i was to tell them exactly the same as i did before...

Noise and heat, no science really

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ErosA433

So are you saying that anti-gravity is an impossible thing? And doing anything or experiments on it are worthless? This has been indoctrinated into people and academics and science for a long time now.

Sure there are a lot of people out there with phony gizmos, and all it takes is one phony gizmo for the world to say they all are.
But then. no one has ever given us one that works to discover it's possible, so meh

Back in the 50's at Los Alamos labs, the military told a team of cleared scientists that Russia had cracked the problem of anti-gravity, so that they would begin the project believing it was actually true and therefor possible.

Otherwise they probably would have laughed and not even tried. I heard they actually made some breakthroughs in theory and doing tests with those new theories. Part of involves "magneto aerodynamics" and that subject is still classified, but little info can be found.
Stanton Friedman did research on it and found that 90 percent of the info on it was classified.

One of these days someone will just dump the data on the net and we can all build our own anti-gravity devices..lol

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

So are you saying that anti-gravity is an impossible thing? And doing anything or experiments on it are worthless? This has been indoctrinated into people and academics and science for a long time now.

No not at all, I believe in performing many experiments, and have engaged OP with several of these tests in controlled environments... not once was the OP able to do more than simply say "Do the experiment" could provide no predictions, and only illogical excuses as to why the experiments performed by several members of ATS were unable to reproduce the same behaviour. It has not been indoctrinated at all... projecting a little?

Sure there are a lot of people out there with phony gizmos, and all it takes is one phony gizmo for the world to say they all are.
But then. no one has ever given us one that works to discover it's possible, so meh

There are phony gizmos born out of not understanding what is being observed, and there are out right fabrications and fraud, then there are things that might have some merit. But where does it stop? just because people want something so much, doesn't mean that any device that externally exhibits some 'anti-graivity' is actually doing what you think.

Back in the 50's at Los Alamos labs, the military told a team of cleared scientists that Russia had cracked the problem of anti-gravity, so that they would begin the project believing it was actually true and therefor possible.

Otherwise they probably would have laughed and not even tried. I heard they actually made some breakthroughs in theory and doing tests with those new theories. Part of involves "magneto aerodynamics" and that subject is still classified, but little info can be found.
Stanton Friedman did research on it and found that 90 percent of the info on it was classified.

One of these days someone will just dump the data on the net and we can all build our own anti-gravity devices..lol

Ah the old someone, friend of a friend, they or other ambiguous entity trick... you know without actual evidence it holds no weight? There are many groups around the world who have experimented on anti-gravity... thus far no one has been able to reproduce effects claimed by the originating experiments.
Yes subjects so classified that people post the names and talk about them freely around the world... sounds totally legit
You seem to project that scientists don't do anything or understand anything unless they are told that the outcome is a positive one... this is 100% not how scientists think or work... scientists are more likely than anyone else to do things that result in nothing, but, willing to do it for what they learn along the way. It is more the military who always want results and only give money to things they believe can produce some nice new weapon or something.

Scientific theory does predict some interplay between forces at very high energy, if you want to believe in some black box that makes noise back in a dusty yard, covered in Garfield stickers, is producing time dialation and anti-graivty because the weighing scales a lever arm is pressing on changes, and a dial gauge changes, then sure... but that would also mean that you have no idea about thermal expansion or how those measurement devices work.

The point is really that, the more you know, the better you are prepared to figure out what is really going on... being knowingly ignorant but convincing yourself that you know more than everyone because... you know what 'they' are doing is somewhere between delusion and paranoia. Its like the whole "Military hardware is 20 years ahead of consumer products" is also a hold over from the cold war to worry the Russians... so... yeah please don't try the whole "yeah but you don't know..." stuff

Plus I know... 3 people who currently work at Los Alamos labs and several more who have worked there... it does do some weird and wonderful stuff, but, it isn't exactly top secret area number 1... clearance is basically related to the reactor there and the attached nuclear devision...

Id love it... LOVE it if someone dropped anti-grav data on someones desk... many people have claimed to have done so... all thus far have been not true.
edit on 14-1-2016 by ErosA433 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped
a reply to: Nochzwei

Why the hell would anyone want to travel to another continent to watch someone delusional person's "anti-gravity experiment" not do what it claimed?
why do you say not do what is claimed?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei

Why the hell would anyone want to travel to another continent to watch someone delusional person's "anti-gravity experiment" not do what it claimed?

Because I haven't been sectioned under the 1983 Mental Health Act.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

You totally missed my point, or ignored it purposely..

My example of those used by military to do "emergency research" wasn't to say they actually produced something, but rather to point out that there is a better chance of a breakthrough or a discovery if the team believes it is at least possible. If they do not, then how much effort is going to be put into the project? Not much. That was all I was trying to convey. And back then, this was not the controversial subject that we see ridiculed to death today.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErosA433
a reply to: GetHyped

Best part of it would be the stickers i think... also not sure I want someone to get as upset as they appear to do in real life as they do on the forums If i was to tell them exactly the same as i did before...

Noise and heat, no science really
Your excuses are tiring.
There was a chance to show how much of a scientist you are to come and test this machine with your own instrumentation and you don't even want to seize this opportunity
yawn

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei

Because I haven't been sectioned under the 1983 Mental Health Act.
your posts show otherwise. Lol

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Lol. Good one to the point.
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Yeah except, I work all day in an underground lab and value my free time greatly. As i said, Id love to see it, but not sure how well you would take it when I figure out the flaws in your measurements.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

There was a point? I ignored nothing, you sold a story as truth, and all i said was "Yeah not sure that happened" now you claim it is not a real story as sold but was supposed to make same point as the 'little engine that could'.

Real scientists are driven to do weird and wonderful things, growing up, i was ridiculed constantly by my peers, did it mean that I stopped doing my homework? stopped studying? No, I kept on going. How does that relate? Well you make the claim that scientists wont do anything that wont result in success, and the belief in success is the most important part of that.

I am simply saying... no... your vision of real scientists is simply not true.

I have seen many examples of how that is not true in my own field, taken part in the same experiments, performed my own experiments that turned out to be completely unsuccessful. Scientists are the ones willing to try almost anything to either fix a problem, develop something, or improve upon what came before. This is regardless of probabilities of success. A true scientist is quite an unbiased person, willing to sit on the fence and take in the information around and then postulate a solution.

Engineers are half and half... if they don't believe something is possible, they will not waste their time. BUT given enough of a push, or given evidence provided by someone... oh say a scientist, then they will often be able to solve great problems.

Once again, experienced this in my own career up to this point. Example of which is wanting to sand the inner surface of an acrylic sphere, that is part of a vacuum system, hanging off of a 13 foot long neck/tube. Oh yeah and it will use no oil, and other than the sanding pads, will externally be made out of ONLY electropolished stainless steel. On top of that, it needs to be able to run for approximately 200 hours without requiring removal or extraction for serving... easy right?
It took a group of scientists and engineers to achieve that... insane proposition.

Not sure anyone would even dream up doing it other than scientists though. Its purpose? well, for a dark matter experiment... which... might be the same as wasting lots of time. Do I believe we can detect dark matter?

Truth? I don't know.

its not a yes, its not a no, its a hmmmmm

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Let me add the corollary: Physicists knew that a fission bomb was possible. In Nazi Germany, Einstein's theories were rejected as being "Jewish science," because of their racist beliefs. Consequently, the United States was able to develop nuclear weapons and Nazi Germany was not. Science is science and is not a question of belief; belief can only prevent scientific progress, not enhance it.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join