It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK democracy and the Ban Trump Petition - Something Stinks!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Are we sure the 500,000 actually live in the UK? I somehow doubt that 50 people in UK give a toss about Trump's comments.

I would love to see how many were Americans looking to spike Trump's candidature and stuck their email address down.

You have to provide a U.K postcode and an e-mail account.

Unless you provide this, then you cannot sign it.

Not suggesting it isn't fraud proof, but I doubt many U.S citizens signed it. In fact, if ATS is a reliable indicator, I would suggest more U.S citizens would agree with Trump than not.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: VoidHawk
WHO FIDDLED THE PETITION!
Thats what we should all be concentrating on.

The petitions should work like this:
You sign, and you enter a nickname, much like we do on forums.
Everyone should then have the ability to view ALL the names on the petition.
That way people can see whether their name has been removed.

I've signed plenty of Government petitions and the way it works is thus:-

You click to sign into petition

You enter your details i.e - your name, postcode and e-mail address

You then click to sign the petition

It then generates a message advising that they are sending a confirmation e-mail

You receive confirmation e-mail

Open e-mail and click to confirm it is you

Petition signed

Edit- the person who registered the petition can e-mail updates through the Government e-petition site. Some do, some don't.

I don't know if we can all see who has signed the petition, but I guess the person who registered the petition can.

Maybe that's where we should start. Who started the petition?

Thanks for the info.
I moved recently, but previously I'd lived in the same town for thirty years and there was always a petition about something, and they never ever changed a thing, hence I have no faith in them, its so easy to just throw them in the bin.

Your comment that the person who started the petition may have all the names is likely to be of no use because how would that person know if they had received all of the names? Thats why I suggest that all names be accessible to everyone.
Servers are extremely good at spitting out long lists, it would be very simple for them to set it up so that all names could be listed.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

No worries.

As I said, it's not fraud proof and yes you are right to question whether the person registering the petition actually has access to the correct numbers.

With regards to petitions though, many are started by Government themselves no doubt.

I remember seeing one calling for Brown to go and call a General Election, back when the economy was doing well in 2007. I have often wondered if call me Dave started that one.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

A little story about a petition.
In the town where I lived they told us they were going to turn of the street lights at midnight to save money.
The people objected and started a petition.
A local councilor sent everyone a letter saying "Only the lights in residential area's are being turned off and this is not fair, we must start a petition demanding the lights in the high street also be turned off"

They fell for it! They all signed the petition demanding all lights be switched off.
That was a real eye opener for me, to see how easily the masses can be persuaded.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

You've only just realised that our government is corrupt?

The proletariat don't have a say anyway, it's all a trick to make us believe we call the shots...we don't call the shots and never will again.

Whatever agenda the government has planned will go ahead regardless, look at the great cover up and lack of media on the great immigrant raping saga in Germany.

There's something sinister going on, I'm just not sure what it is yet...too late? probably.

Trump is the USA's last hope, as Farage was ours. We failed, let's hope the US don't follow suit.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

In this day and age where things like this are done electronically, corruption of the software managing it is always going to be subject to tampering.

There is a video floating around the net where a software engineer is giving evidence in court that he wrote code that would enable the program to make a once only adjustment to ensure one political party won the election.

He went on to state that the code, once activated, would then destroy itself leaving no evidence in the software at all.

If we are to provide 100% integrity of votes and elections, a way must be found to enable it to be done electronically but in a fool proof way, even it it includes being supported some physical hardware such as tokens of some sort to make it tamper proof.

Relying on software alone is guaranteed to lead to widespread suspicion and distrust at the very beginning of the democratic process, eventually.

Should that day come then it will be evidence that we no longer have a democracy.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
To all the people thinking a little petition had any any effect on this don't delude yourself. Turnberry golf course had already lost its open status as a golf course after golf governing body no longer wanted anything to do with trump. People make petitions every dayand have absolutely no influence, probably better off reading why his golf course no longer has open status is more reason he is losing money in the uk, but I understand people would rather listen to populist right wing ring clap trap these days
www.dailyrecord.co.uk...

There is no way the governing body of golf, which is striving to make the game truly global, can contemplate working hand in hand with this man.
so nothing to do with a corrupt uk government.

I'm sure trump doesn't need your tears
edit on 7-1-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)
but I guess daily mail fans can Russell up a quick petition against golf ruling body for their decision if your so upset for trump.
:

The fact so many trust the words of trump and the daily mail is the more worrying point of this thread, sorry I forgot, he's going to make America great again.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21
Why is our government corrupt. Can you give me some examples. Compared to the rest of the world, we have one of the least corrupt governments on the planet, so I would be interested in some examples of corruption in our government.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
"The tyranny of the minority" springs to mind, I agree with most of what he says, it's those people with a terminal case of political correctness who get their panties in a bunch over the truth, I really do not understand those people, just reading the reports of the 'mayhem' at Cologne railroad station is enough to make me think Mr Trump is right.
Something else, Iran rants about the Saudi's murdering people, yet Iran, on average, murders three of its own people every day!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
There was once a similar petition to keep Snoop Dogg out too......

People get worked up over things all the time (mainly daily fail readers), a few months later it's all forgotten and no-one cares.

Snoop Dog was banned temporarily - I'm not sure it was as a result of a petition, if I remember rightly it was because of an ongoing criminal investigation into him but I could be wrong.

Lots of people have been banned entry into the UK, and the same is true for America and other countries - it's easy to find a list although it may not be complete. Here is an example for the UK -

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 7-1-2016 by uncommitted because: edit

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

cash for questions
the expenses debacle
paedo coverups
rentboy rings
miss whiplash lol
Installing and supporting foreign dictators and puppet states
subverting the political systems of foreign nations
illegal wars
airstrikes without parliamentary consent
lobbying
cronyism
the murder of David Kelly
the ATOS scandal
nepotism

I dunno, those were off the top of my head I'm sure there's hundreds more. It might not be as overtly corrupt as some countries but it is still corrupt and rotten.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
As an ex journalist, It's painfully simple. Just because something happened doesn't mean it is news.

People having a go at imigration/immigrants - not newsworthy as it's gone on for hundreds of years in the press and public.

Banning of a potential leader of the worlds super power - unprecedented action, has never occured before - ground breaking news.

It's that simple, no conspiracy or anything - 'dog bites man is not news, man bites dog is news'.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015 some good examples.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

thanks for the link. I see they have banned Lewis Farrakhan. Good for them. I wish every country on the planet would ban that hate-monger.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join