It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump and Prime minister Corbyn. What would happen.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I am not saying that I think this will happen and am not interested in opinions other than those that directly concern the outcome of these two people becoming leaders of their respected countries.

It is technically possible that this situation could arise.

Could our two nations survive having 2 such opposing leaders or would it be the beggining of the end of the "special relationship" we have had for some time now?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

The name of Jeremy Corbyn appears in the in-tray of President Trump at 8am Washington time. The president at once convenes an emergency meeting of his closest advisers. He is not a happy bunny. “I thought you assholes told me that this couldn’t happen ... So, what’s your advice? Sanctions? Do we send in the marines?”
link

I think you got an answer to that... this was an editorial on if Jeremy Corbyn were to win. Thought it was funny and sadly probably what would happen if they were both elected.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: hubrisinxs

The name of Jeremy Corbyn appears in the in-tray of President Trump at 8am Washington time. The president at once convenes an emergency meeting of his closest advisers. He is not a happy bunny. “I thought you assholes told me that this couldn’t happen ... So, what’s your advice? Sanctions? Do we send in the marines?”
link

I think you got an answer to that... this was an editorial on if Jeremy Corbyn were to win. Thought it was funny and sadly probably what would happen if they were both elected.

So do you personally belive that it would cause a big rift between our two nations.

Or do you think we would be able to overcome such vastly differeing parties in power?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

The Labour party will not survive until 2020 with Corbyn as their leader, three front bench Labour MPs have already quit today and one was on Live TV. Corbyn is the worst thing that happened to the Labour Party and only won the leadership vote as his cronies from "Stop the War" coalition all paid £3 each to vote for him!!

More chance of Trump becoming the US president than Corbyn being the Labour leader by this time next year!!

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

The Labour party will not survive until 2020 with Corbyn as their leader, three front bench Labour MPs have already quit today and one was on Live TV. Corbyn is the worst thing that happened to the Labour Party and only won the leadership vote as his cronies from "Stop the War" coalition all paid £3 each to vote for him!!

More chance of Trump becoming the US president than Corbyn being the Labour leader by this time next year!!

Your speculation clearly goes against my polite request in the OP.

I was not asking if people thought that the people in question would get into powe but what would happen if they did.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

From an American point of view: Politically President Trump would only be a joke that most of the world mock his almost alway outrageous personality. In no way would he have access to actions that would seriously hurt the United Kingdom.

Also, with so much business interest and partnerships the US has with the UK, I doubt there would be any real tension at all outside of dinners at the white house.

There might be some mud slung, but I would still feel safe traveling to the UK for a nice visit.

Short answer, we overcome

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Your speculation clearly goes against my polite request in the OP.

So be it - Can't have everything one's own way!

I was not asking if people thought that the people in question would get into powe but what would happen if they did.

Back on topic - We would no longer be seen as such a close ally to our US cousins - And the US would probably believe that the UK was now a communist Country especially after John McDonnell quotes from Mao's Communist Little Red Book during Autumn Statement speech.

edit on 6.1.2016 by flammadraco because: Added Youtube Video

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

IMHO, most Americans live in a bubble where they just make up the politics that are happening in other countries. I doubt how many Americans will ever see those comments.

Honestly, I had no idea who that guy was until I saw this video, and I follow political news in the US kinda closely.

The American Media on America Politics does not seem to ask questions like in the OP because it is taboo, for some odd reason, to speculate about the future of politics. I find the idea intresting and feel I can learn a lot about current British politics from this discussion.

So, much appreciation for sharing some personal British political theory.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The UK would be the new Cuba as far as Trump would be concerned.

If Corbyn ever got elected, how well he gets on with Trump would be the least of our concerns.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Well they do say opposites attract...

Though Boris and Trump would be a show. You could make a sit com out of that one

edit on 6-1-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Well they do say opposites attract...

Though Boris and Trump would be a show. You could make a sit com out of that one

That would be a truly scary combination although I have often said I would vote for Boris as PM.

At least you would know you had an idiot for a leader.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I don't think we need to worry. Trump is not going to become president. He has no chance in hell.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Sadly, it's a moot point.
The establishment would never allow someone not chosen by them, or owned by the bankers, to hold power. Even if, by some strange quirk of fate (the rigged election machines failing) Corbyn DID get into Downing Street, the establishment would make rule impossible simply by withdrawing all cooperation and acting like spoiled children, or..... he'd be taken out by a Muslim extremist (nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more...!).

Wasn't there some controversy a short while ago with a senior military figure who basically threatened open military revolt and a coup if Corbyn got into power? Not so unbelievable as the establishment came so close to actually carrying that out during the Wilson government. Those who have the most to lose, unbridled power and wealth, are the ones we should all be most wary of.

Edit to add..... from what I am seeing, it is those, as mentioned above, with the most to lose, who are putting out all the scare stories and baseless theories on what would happen. I mean, lets face it, the alternative is we stick to the establishment and banker selected parties / candidates and carry on being robbed blind, lied to and just prolong the pain. Surely giving someone else a chance isn't such a bad idea under the circumstances?
edit on 765Wed, 06 Jan 2016 11:22:39 -060022311100000016 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
If those two both came tp power ....
Hmm...
Either the aliens would show up and stop it or the illuminati would.

Or they might fall in love and have babies

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
really interesting idea i think!

I would think that it would end the special relationship almost instantly they are just too opposite. You would probably see a even more aggressive foreign policy adopted by America where as I think the UK would probably start to look like a Scandinavian state from a political perspective.

Would be interesting if it happened.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It would certainly be interesting, but I can't see Corbyn winning any uk election, especially not the next one. The Labour Party is in chaos at the moment. They seem to be in self destruct mode

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

who do you think has better hair.....

Boris as PM though, its likely and its terrifying, that man cannot tie his own shoe lace let alone run a country.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: hubrisinxs

In no way would he have access to actions that would seriously hurt the United Kingdom.

I'm not well-versed on Corbyn, but I think Trump being elected would be a foreign-policy disaster.

I'd like to 'rephrase' your above quote.
"In no way would [Trump] have access to actions that would seriously hurt ANYONE." I think the world leaders at large would see him sort of like we see Kim Jong Il - best keep an eye on him, but don't take him very seriously.
????

I don't live in N Korea, and all I see is what the Western world is shown of Mr KJI. The media is very powerful (perhaps the actual leader of the free world!) - I think people would get bored with The Trump Show. Then again - how long did his 'reality tv' thing go for?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

lol!!! Oh my word - I just had a wicked thought!!

We could actually just do a "Trump Show" (like the Truman Show, or Ed TV), and it would likely be so popular it would rival SNL! (eta: Saturday Night Live - not sure you all over there receive it)
Hilarity never before seen ----- talk about transparency!!
Better yet - have "Bad Lip Reading" follow him all over......(now THOSE are fun to watch).....Trump is rather his own caricature!

edit on 1/6/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: hubrisinxs

In no way would he have access to actions that would seriously hurt the United Kingdom.

I'm not well-versed on Corbyn, but I think Trump being elected would be a foreign-policy disaster.

I'd like to 'rephrase' your above quote.
"In no way would [Trump] have access to actions that would seriously hurt ANYONE." I think the world leaders at large would see him sort of like we see Kim Jong Il - best keep an eye on him, but don't take him very seriously.
????

I don't live in N Korea, and all I see is what the Western world is shown of Mr KJI. The media is very powerful (perhaps the actual leader of the free world!) - I think people would get bored with The Trump Show. Then again - how long did his 'reality tv' thing go for?

Best way I can describe Corbyn for Americans is like Burnie Sanders on Steroids + meth.

He is a honest guy and has conviction I will give him that. I will respect that. And he is a powerful opposition (though a kitten would be compared to Miliband) but he is so far left he craps sickles and hammers: P

Im not exactly a supporter of him, though I do respect him.

edit on 6-1-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join