It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one who hates Tarantino?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Never watched any interviews but enyojed most of his films a lot ...the dialogues are pretty good and funny imo most of the time.

I also had several good laughs at the new one ...I think especially Kurt Russel was great (the scene at the beginning with the ellbow "we have to etablish some kind of communication system..." hillarious ...and NO - I dont feel bad for her - she was a murderer after all
)

Then again ...the conversation between Samuel L. Jackson and the General about his Son was super strange and felt unnecessary (much like the very end left a bad taste ...)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Finally! Tarantino is a hack. I can't stand him or his movies. Just gross. There is one exception: Inglorious Basterds. I loved it. LOVED IT. Somehow the obscene violence turned acceptable to me when it was against Nazis.

But he as a person seems like a self absorbed coke addict. Annoying as all get out. Watch the bonus interview on I.B. Brad Pitt seems like he's struggling not to lose his patience with Tarantino.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
He is an Ahole of the highest order, and his films are unoriginal and full of stolen ideas.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The Hateful Eight was brilliant. Never got bored watching the film and loved Kurt Russel... His only dud I watched of his was Jackie Brown.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Don't like his movies. Quite overrated.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I just watched a comment he made about his recent movie leak.
My bs meter pegged out. I'm not saying he released it, but he definitely released it.
He has never acted as well as he has directed.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Just for arguments sake, if you 'had' watched it and reservoir dogs was a 9.8 ...

What would your rating of H8 be - should you 'have' watched it ?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Tarantino is close to genius. Its doubtful everyone will like all his films because he never sticks to a single genre.

Some of the camera work is very clever in hateful 8. The way he uses the focus to switch the viewers attention between the characters rather than using multiple camera shots edited together was something i don't remember seeing anyone else do before.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I don't care for his movies at all. Seen a few, and I don't see what's so great about him. It's all about shock value, not about real quality, if you ask me. I wasn't even entertained. Don't know about him as a person, but from what you posted, seems about right, based on his movies!

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Really dislike the guy but some great movies. Kill bills you can just watch from any point in the movie, although many will say it lacks substance or purpose, but alot of great movies don't.

Most of his movies are brilliant, but it seems they can't even produce a decent trailer for this new movie,suggesting it must be bad.

The one thing I despise about the man is his fetish for feet and forcing that fetish upon me when watching his films.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I'm with you, and personally I don't understand all the hype with Hateful 8 after seeing it.

There was a certain moment where the movie could have ended but didn't, just for the sake of all the dialogue in the last half. Plus there was some interaction between two characters that was abandoned to get this thing moving into the final act.

The Tarantino self-indulgence showed a little bit more in this movie unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Tarantino?

No, I do not hate him in the least. He has been involved in some of the most outrageous films I have ever seen, and I have found them, in the main, to do what a movie ought to do, and that is to entertain me.

Now, that being said, his behaviour off set is terrible. He treats some people really poorly, and thinks way too much of himself. The only endearing thing about the man himself, is his inability to wear dress shoes to an event, preferring to slap on a pair of training shoes instead. But the films? No, I do not hate them, not even the arguably bad ones. I always laugh, a lot, and sometimes at inappropriate moments during his films.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MrMasterMinder
He might not stick to the same genre but its basically the same movie over and over. All his movies that I've seen have felt like they were a bad meal just regurgitated from one bird then to another and then another and so on.

Not sure what it is but, to me, he is not in the least bit original or 'genius' but hey that's just my opinion. I wish he would just stick to camera directing and not have anymore creative direction than just that. His camera work isn't bad but sometimes it does annoy me but not as bad as the plot and characters.

There is one thing that I would like to see him do and that would be some sort of weird out there scifi. He could probably pull that off...maybe.

edit on 6-1-2016 by Inarismessenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I think he's a prick too. However, some of his movies are awesome. He always has a great cast and usually pushes the envelope. Two words: Inglorious Basterds. One of the greatest movies ever made in my humble opinion. Who had heard of Christoph Waltz before that? I love that guy.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Inarismessenger
I could not say they are basically the same. If you mean they are all completely different to other directors films then are are the same I suppose.

Everyone to there own though I suppose.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I just watched that first inteview and I think it is the other way around. That reporter is a total jerk... He is going for the cheap and easy way to go into the mind of Tarantino and expects to be considered a great journalist if he got it out of him. Of course these are good questions but he should also know when not to go there..

No, nothing wronmg with Tarantino although his last flick makes me wonder if he has reached the moment to hang up his megaphone.

Ans let us not forget we are all human beings and all different... some with more presure and responsibilities than others.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
a reply to: olaru12

Wtf ?
Lol.
Sorry, but lol.

Don't be sorry, write something...Let's make a movie.

Dont tempt me

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I enjoy most of his films as I am a fan of dialogue.

From personal experience I can tell you that he is a huge fan of cinema and can quote the most obscure lines and scenes from movies you saw but may have forgotten.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I love him and I loved the Hateful Eight.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Like other mere mortals, he's hit or miss. I like his movies more for his choice of actors than his story-telling. Even a crappy Tarantino movie can still have some great performances. Pulp Fiction is a great example. Hated this film overall, but loved some of the performances in it.

As a person, just as I've seen in interviews...he comes off as a total jerk though.
edit on 6-1-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join