It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Dream Lingers and troubles me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I rarely get enough sleep and had an extended and unexpected nap Thursday afternoon. I frequently dream, sometimes vividly, but it rarely stays with me.

When I awoke, I was very disoriented. I felt like I had been living another life. In the dream, I was still a woman, but not myself. I was with a group of people and we were on the run together. We were trying to blend into the crowds, although we stood out because we were well dressed and there were at least 10 in our group. Our journey was through a city, it seemed like Paris.

We were making our way to a safe house for our people located at a restaurant with a passage to the house. It wasn't our final destination, the city of Sofia was our goal. There was urgency, fear because it was clear we were being hunted to the death but also great camraderie between us. We stopped a few times on the way, but finally made it. The restaurant was strangely named, 'The Beast'

When I woke up, I was disappointed because there was so much to the story that was unresolved. The dream didn't fade. I have never been to Paris, but I knew it inside and out. I didn't recognize any my fellow escapees from reality. I was disturbed, and looked online and discovered there is a restaurant named The Beast.

lefooding.com...

The strangest part I left out, in the dream we were all vampires and a couple of us were about to be turned. I know we didn't hurt people, but we were strong. I had the sense that we were on the 'good' side.

I am not a vampire culture fan, it's not among my interests. This is the oddest dream I've ever had.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: sayaangel

Reminds me I a had a similar thematic dream and I wrote it down as soon as I awoke, there are similar over tones. It too was very vivid. Sorry for the word jumble never edited it.

I had a dream, I was embarking on an adventure, I was to fly all the way around the world in different air planes finally arriving in Stuttgart starting from what I would assume was Dallas, there was a group of random people doing the same thing arriving at the airport, I specifically only had a 150 dollars on me and new when I arrived at my final stop I would not be able to afford to return.. Each time we would transfer air planes to continue on we would arrive at places that were more like train stop, because the accessibility to the city or the surrounding environment was immediate.

there seemingly was no airport security,and we could come and go as we please during the lay over, there was one stop that landed in a beautiful neighborhood big gated mansions lined either side, it was a cove and one side said U.S and the other side said U.K. When we were about to catch our final plane realizing that I did not have enough money to continue I decided to exchange my ticket,for a flight directly back to home . While waiting for the flight I remember being tired and hungry I ordered a bunch of food at the McDonald's that was inside "the airport" all of a sudden while waiting everyone turned into #ing zombies I had turned or was turning my self but was fighting it.. That's the end of the dream

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Your dream reminds me of an old ATS thread about how Romania allegedly have real vampires and werewolves.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Interesting!

I had some meaning interpretations arising as I read it, but then it is the dreamers meanings that count- only you can find them. Write more on what some of the things in the dream felt like to you, or subtle associations you can remember... though the longer you wait to do that, the more it all fades from memory doesn't it?

I once had a dream, many years ago, which was similar, in that I was sort of trying to escape being caught , but I was alone, and everyone else around were vampires! Like sucking each others blood was a normal social activity.

I had to pretend to be one too, in order to not be discovered and caught. In the dream, someone proposed an exchange of blood sucking, and I had to make up some excuse- I am too busy right now, or something like that.

It was also in some city I seemed to know well, though upon waking, I had no idea where it might be. I was also spending time flying around and looking into peoples homes like a tourist. I though it was interesting to observe the different styles of interiors and such.

I had some notion of myself as "the Butterfly" ... and could overhear conversations amongst these vampires, in which they were all seeking the Butterfly, which is why I had to keep my identity hidden.

I'm not into vampire lore at all either, though I did play Wilhelmina in a production of Dracula when I was younger, which could have left traces in my mind.

Now, I suspect it was simply an expression of my first experiences with the internet, in which I became fascinated with forums and chats, getting to admire and learn about different people and their differing "interiors" personality-wise, and my avoidance of developing real relationships with them off-line, in which real exchange of emotion, time, energy, physical-material, would be expected.
The butterfly was probably just a reference to being a "social butterfly" as is said in my native culture.

Your dream has some really interesting references to consider! Here's some fleeting thoughts that went through my mind-

1- The Beast.... and social animal instincts

2- Vampirism... and the emotional, physical, and material exchange which is part of social cohesion.

3- Females, and female bonding....Paris and the French culture

4- The similarity of your recite with stories of jews having to flee and hide from the Germans in WW2

I go on a lot on these boards about the de-valuation of our social instincts that went too far in the US in particular, with it's exaggerrated focus upon Individualism, exaggerated opposition of any trace of Social ideals.
I think it caused a lack of solidarity in the nation as a whole, and resulted in a culture war, and various ways the human need for sense of belonging to a larger entity-tribe became distorted.
I think this peeked with my generation, often called the X generation, and in the last two younger generations, is swinging back to a backlash of very strong social sense.

I see it in the young people I am close to- they not only know how to be part of a group and work as team, they know the value of collective force is stronger than individual force (always) in the physical world.
They have to deal with us old fogeys and our paranoia about Communism and fear of being sheep, and our increasingly irritating blustering on about "my freedoms".

Females have, throughout our history, been equated with the physical senses and instincts.
With Christianity, which devalued those, the devaluation of women was unavoidable. The physical instincts seen as the pathway to sin, the female form stimulating those senses and instincts in men, Eve is the one ever offering the poisoned fruit (whether she does so knowingly on purpose or not, she is, by her very female-ness, the source of sin).

As the Bonobos know, the physical senses are also very tuned towards social adhesion....

The french culture values the physical senses and drives much higher than the US. This is not only evident to me know, but it seems, has been for a large part of their cultural history. Our association in mind of the french with sexual abandon, food, drink, smoking, laziness, is not unfounded. Women are much more powerful here, and have less conflicts with their femininity than what you will often find in the US. There is no prominent feminist movement- the women feel less prejudiced against, and less desire to prove and be considered as "manlike". Being as a man is not that desireable.

So, if a group of females (or people socially driven) wanted to escape prosecution from individualist extremists, France would probably be the first place they'd think of.
Except that it is currently being invaded by another patriarchial religion seeking to take the place of Christianity as beast/female tamer and oppressor, so big cities like Paris would be less good for that....

I'm having fun with the connections in my head of your symbols, but ultimately, it is yours that are important.
Maybe you can discover what those are even by the ways you feel and objection to mine! Sometimes we find things through first becoming aware of what they are not.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Do you work for any govt agency, city , state or federal level?a reply to: sayaangel

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Texcin

Care to explain why that's important ? just curious

edit on 2-1-2016 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Thats one vivid and most interesting dream you had. Thankyou for sharing it! It's interesting that you were headed towards the city of Sofia.

According to the ancient Gnostic texts, there is a creator God named Yadabaoth (Ilda-Baoth or Ialdabaoth ) who is described as the Child of Chaos, and was the son of Sophia (wisdom) in Gnostic Cosmogenesis. Yaldabaoth is called an angel in the apocryphal Gospel of Judas. He is first mentioned in "The Cosmos, Chaos, and the Underworld" as one of the twelve angels to come "into being [to] rule over chaos and the [underworld]". In the "Gospel of Nicodemus," Yaldbaoth is called Satan, and Dante called the Devil simply a worm.

The Theosophists say that Yaldabaoth is identical with the Fetahil of the Codex Nazaraeus, the Demiurge of the Valentinian system.

Of course i too have incredibly vivid dreams in fact i've had dreams about Jesus, men in black chasing me but never catching me, and talking Lions and Snakes that come to my rescue, and not two months ago i had two dreams of Satan trying to scare me to which i simply blew him off, and the list goes on and on. The lucid ones are the best, however keep in mind dreams are just that, dreams.

A quick site i found with the basics are here regarding Sofia in Gnostic writings. She apparently came from Wisdom, and 'birthed' something, twins one that looked an aborted fetus and the other a lion figure, by accident then she left back to whence she came without knowing what had happened. She came from inside the Pleroma.
gnosticwarrior.com...
edit on 1/2/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Interesting dream tex
I like the zombie ending, maybe the McDonalds food had a hint of death in it thus turning people into zomb's as i call them? I also believe your awareness is higher during dreamtime than other times. That's a good thing to have.
edit on 1/2/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

So, creepy stuff but during one of my ouija board extravaganzas of doom, I was told some b.s. about becoming vampires and the apocalypse. Saying that vampires were the good guys, there, too--but that everyone would hate them. Just thought I'd mention that.

What I heard then creeped me out, and what you said now creeped me out all over again.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
How did the dream and? Did you actually go inside the Beast? Was there a human or Vamp to greet you? Did you get inside the secret passage? Where was it and how was it hidden and what did the inside look like?

You stopped a few times on the way. Why? Where? Did you meet anyone along the way? Were there Any humans that knew you were vamp? Were you afraid of sunlight or were there Any other vampire type things you were aware of other than feeling strong? Was there anything you were aware of that would identify you as a vampire or non-human?

Do you remember what time period you were in?

Cool dream! Thanks for sharing bud! I really hope you have or can remember more details to share.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Interesting. Reminds me of a dream I had of vampires and zombies. The odd thing is I am not really into vampire or zombie books or movies. I read only one vampire book in my life, and saw only about four or five vampire movies in my life (Dusk Til Dawn being one of the most memorable). I detest zombie movies in general, because rotting corpses disgust me.

Anyway, to my dream.

I was a vampire, in some kind of dive bar with Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong, and they were joking around about zombies. I possessed Tommy Chong as if I was a spirit, I guess, or somehow became him. Cheech said something about Transylvania. Then, somehow that turned all the humans around into zombies, but not rotting zombies, just brain dead idiots in a trance that had a desire to kill all non-zombies. Cheech made another joke about how the word Trance is in the word Transylvania. The zombies began chanting "Transylvania" over and over again, and every time a human heard it, they turned into a mental zombie.

I was immune because I was a vampire. The zombies came toward me, chanting, wanting to tear me apart with their bare hands. I felt like I couldn't fight them all, so I ran, and they slowly chased me. The problem was, every time anyone heard the word Transylvania, they would turn into a zombie even if they were far away and could barely hear it.

I ran outdoors into a field, and there were more mental zombies everywhere. I flew into the sky, in a vertical position, but powerlines got in my way. There were zombies on the powerline towers and everywhere. Then, I awoke.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Something I just remembered from the dream:

I felt angry that humans were turning into zombies, because it meant their blood was rotten, and I couldn't use it for food.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Hello all,

Thank you for your responses, I appreciate it. I'll try to answer some of the questions.

'How did the dream and? Did you actually go inside the Beast? Was there a human or Vamp to greet you? Did you get inside the secret passage? Where was it and how was it hidden and what did the inside look like? '

The dream ended just after we arrived at The Beast. The person at the door knew us, and was a friend but human. We couldn't get to the passage just yet without being noticed, so instead he served us dinner. We were happy both as a cover and for real.

'You stopped a few times on the way. Why? Where? Did you meet anyone along the way? Were there Any humans that knew you were vamp? Were you afraid of sunlight or were there Any other vampire type things you were aware of other than feeling strong? Was there anything you were aware of that would identify you as a vampire or non-human? '

We stopped at a church (to regroup after we separated) and at a department store (to mix with crowds). It began in the daytime, and was dark out when we arrived at The Beast. I could see the intentions of others and discern negative energy from a great distance so was in the front of the group steering us, but I didn't know how to get to The Beast alone. Besides strength, emotions were different. They were intense and multilayered. Happiness, sadness, peace, fear, regret all at once.

'Do you remember what time period you were in?'
I think it was the present.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Some other thoughts:
awareness 10, Thank you for the link and the time and effort you applied to your response. Interesting! I will process that.

In the dream, the city of Sofia was safe and a gathering place for our people. I knew if we got there, we'd be safe. I have no affiliation or history with Sofia.

I do not work for the government or any secret society in real life.

While fleeing, I wasn't angry at the humans around us. They did not know or understand. It was only a small dangerous and insane group of powerful humans that targeted us for destruction. They could use the power of the state to 'get' us and there was no doubt that death would be the goal.

Bluesma thank you for pointing out the rich symbolism. Maybe I'll get to the point of looking at that soon. Right now, it still feels like events I lived instead of subconscious attempts to make sense of real life. I have a theory that when I make sense of the dream, my peace (which I normally have) will return.

top topics

join