It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there anything at all?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
There was a slight imbalance in baryon count in the early universe between matter and antimatter. There was slightly more matter than antimatter and in the annihilation there was a tiny bit of matter, in comparison, left. That is why there is something. At least that is what they believe at the moment.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I was not speaking about the "what" but the "why". And in that "why" it does not matter what i am and what i am not. Because in that "why" the mere fact of experience is enough to make me wonder.

Nevertheless i also like tony parsons but i dont totally believe in the "absolute truth" of what he is saying. I believe that what he is experiencing is a valid state that points to "one aspect" of the being that we are.
He points to the aspect of "beingness" which is not really experiencing anything as it is not seperated from itself (as everything is undivided experience until we focus on the sword of the fragmenting mind which has no idea of that unity )

But in a sense he is only speaking from that point witout recognising that he is "flickering" between this state and the state of fragmenting perception/individuality. Otherwise there would not be a reference for what he is saying. Its a kind of dissociation and it certainly is fun to meditate on existence like that. But its not absolute. The absolute truth is that "there is no absolute truth" as everything that we can perceive is just a mirrored probability that stems from our focus. In other words: the absolute Truth in terms of the "what is perceiving" from my perspective is that all truths are valid as we are perceiving an infinite hologram which is devoid of absolutes and filtered through "ideas". And we can never know WHAT WE ARE because what we are gives room to all potentials but is in and of itself not a phenomenon. Thats why it is infinite. Thats why i believe in free choice or in the possibility of it. But right now i also dont experience total free choice as i am struggeling with "the patterns of my mind" instead of surrendering to my well beingness.

In my eyes existence is a kind of non- phyiscal and phyiscal meditation on "ideas" which manifest.
"In the beginning was the word. And the word was with god, and the word was god."

But i feel that "the state of existence itself" is a doorway to a kind of surrendering which allows the phyiscal mind to become a great tool.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Someone asked Jesus
how we should be when we enter heaven

Jesus replied like a child you must be

Our body's are vessels
That exsist in this world
And we are spirits that were placed into
Those vessels by the creator
But be warned
The vessels we exsist in are weak
And can enslave your spirit
Hate greed fear do not come from the spirit
They are the weakness of the vessels
Or as Paul the apostles says the flesh
My flesh has enslaved my spirit
I smoke
I do not like it anymore
This is my spirit
But I smoke again and again
Because my flesh has enslaved me
I am addicted

edit on 31-12-2015 by piney because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Why was/is there a early universe. Why was there an imbalance. Why was/ is there anything at all?
Is it really possible that someone gives you an answer and you are satisfied /done with the question?

I think in the deepest sense : this is impossible as there is no beginning. And i think thats why there will always be a sense of mystery.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Synchronicity11

I like your post

Particularly , the bit where you say : "i felt like even god would not be able to answer this question "why is there anything at all, why am I?"

I believe this is a pointer to the mystery. In one of my OP in the last few days, I laid down my General Theory of Truth. May be I am off course but at least I am brave enough to lay down my cards.

I believe you have laid down your cards nicely too.

Do you really need advice on how to reach that state that you reached before ?

edit on 31-12-2015 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Synchronicity11
a reply to: Jonjonj

Why was/is there a early universe. Why was there an imbalance. Why was/ is there anything at all?
Is it really possible that someone gives you an answer and you are satisfied /done with the question?

I think in the deepest sense : this is impossible as there is no beginning. And i think thats why there will always be a sense of mystery.

No you misunderstand me, I am not saying that what I gave as an answer is definitive regarding existence, simply that it is a theory that tries to explain why there is matter, and as a result, why we are here.
Think of it this way: That theory presents as a reason for the existence of matter an event in the early universe which resulted in matter existing in its present state.
It doesn't answer the questions of why the imbalance occurred or why the initial stages were as they were.
I don't think those questions will ever be answerable within the present paradigm because there is an inbuilt limit on what we can actually know. The limit is the big bang or the inflationary phase.
Some people say that the fact that nothing can be known about a pre big bang existence is enough, that we have no reason to know any further, as all logic breaks down to nothing. I agree. I know far too little about physics to argue about these pre genesis states, and no, I am not using genesis in the religious sense!

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn

"It is a special kind of enlightenment to have this feeling that the usual, the way things normally are, is odd—uncanny and highly improbable. G. K. Chesterton once said that it is one thing to be amazed at a gorgon or a griffin, creatures which do not exist; but it is quite another and much higher thing to be amazed at a rhinoceros or a giraffe, creatures which do exist and look as if they don't. — Chapter I, The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are, Alan Watts, 1966"

It's funny, I just got this book for Christmas and started reading it this week.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

What if why is the answer?

What is why? It is your desire to see someone else with, or as, an answer, and that answer, be the truth.

Thus Jesus, the Word, the Truth, the Light, the Body.

Formation.

Conception.

God.

Maybe?

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
it's not math. more like phenomenological existentialism. sorta like a Hegelian dialectic

a reply to: swanne

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I think the why? is best answered by asking the question: why the dinosaurs? were they philosophizing about truth and God? people say our consciousness creates reality and then again I would ask: why the dinosaurs? who was creating THEIR reality? was it them or were they not real?

a reply to: Bleeeeep

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

well yes. Certainly i am searching for something "else". I am not good in resting. I would love to sit and enjoy being ..just sitting and being. But my mind often is to loud and stressful.

Thats why i am searching for a doorway.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bottleslingguy

why shouldnt animals have the right for creation? They create as we do. At the end we are also not humans.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Certainly someone is responsible.
edit on Rpm123115v15201500000011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bottleslingguy
the existence of nothing automatically creates the existence of something because you can't have one without the other. nothing means nothing unless you have something to compare the nothing to

In a world of polarity that "exists" yes. But there could have been also a singularity which consists of nothing.

a singularity (something) which consists of nothing (not-something) = something (polarity/synthesis)

edit on 31-12-2015 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The universe/s is what it is, we are probably like mold, just stuff that spawns life on a surface under the right conditions.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Why the very idea is moldy and the most improbable.
edit on Rpm123115v45201500000028 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

If it helps you to think otherwise, by all means

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

why shouldnt animals have the right for creation? They create as we do. At the end we are also not humans.

not saying I hate animals or anything of the sort but what did dinosaurs "create"? not saying anything they did was bad because they survived for a very long time so I would consider them the "smart " ones. which really to me points out how humans do not have a natural niche on this planet and in the short time we've been here looking for "self" "God" and "truth" we've really messed it up worse than anything else known. and our origins, our real original story of existence, is where we should be going with our plans for the future if we desire one. forget about God we need a technology upgrade so we can get off fossil fuels and start cleaning up this planet before we even think about colonizing another one. a little off topic but it all ties in in the end.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I asked the same question as a child also but in a reverse way
"What if there was nothing at all"

In asking my question I accepted that indeed there is something
It is my belief that matter/substance was already in existence before the Universe took form
But how the initial substances came to be is still a mystery

I believe ... Something I call higher intelligence acted upon the existing matter ...
I believe in a higher intelligence/source
I also believe we each have a share of this higher intelligence
And that ... there is a purpose
How the source of this higher intelligence came to be ... I do not know

edit on 31-12-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

edit on 31-12-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I believe animals have a kind of hive mind and evolution is the product of a conscious desire...

A feeling like: "we want to eat those fruits up there but our neck is to short.. "

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join