It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From 9/11 to Gun Control: The Truth About Conspiracy Theories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I take on skeptic Michael Shermer, author of the book “The Moral Arc,” on 9/11 and other conspiracy theories: what separates fact from fiction? I go head-to-head with Shermer on a variety of hot topics, including the official 9/11 report, climate change, and gun control.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
That seemed like a worthwhile discussion. I wish would have been longer.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

NO ONE is taking my guns. I don't have one but uphold my right to bear arms. 9/11 was a lie to cause instability in the Middle East. The phrase climate change or global warming has zero to do with weather. It is the climate of the haves against the have nots; same for warming...to get the have nots to warm up to shifting sides.

They can try to control our guns. I have a critical illness that will take me into ascension soon enough so I will go down in a blaze of glory.

No fear.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Climate change, and gun control are absolute FARCES.

For your reading pleasure Mencken.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. In Defense of Women (1918)

The American of today, in fact, probably enjoys less personal liberty than any other man of Christendom, and even his political liberty is fast succumbing to the new dogma that certain theories of government are virtuous and lawful, and others abhorrent and felonious. Laws limiting the radius of his free activity multiply year by year: It is now practically impossible for him to exhibit anything describable as genuine individuality, either in action or in thought, without running afoul of some harsh and unintelligible penalty. It would surprise no impartial observer if the motto “In God we trust” were one day expunged from the coins of the republic by the Junkers at Washington, and the far more appropriate word, “verboten,” substituted. Nor would it astound any save the most romantic if, at the same time, the goddess of liberty were taken off the silver dollars to make room for a bas-relief of a policeman in a spiked helmet. Moreover, this gradual (and, of late, rapidly progressive) decay of freedom goes almost without challenge; the American has grown so accustomed to the denial of his constitutional rights and to the minute regulation of his conduct by swarms of spies, letter-openers, informers and agents provocateurs that he no longer makes any serious protest. The American Credo: A Contribution toward the Interpretation of the National Mind (1920)

en.wikiquote.org...

9-11,climate change, and gun control. All political issues. All a bunch of rubbish.

People because American politics is the most widely accepted conspiracy out there.

Cause Government is us, and they are doing things 'right'.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Personal experience shows me that life isn't the end. Though your physical body may not be here, your spirit will be. Love will conquer all.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
@ neo96 If you believe 9-11,climate change, and gun control is rubbish, search for Michael Rupperts videos. Everything he said has come true, 7 years before we knew about it.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
this was a really well executed discussion.

with that being said, for me it's absurd to see people rationalize their beliefs on the 'official story' of 9/11. he as a skeptic should be skeptical of political leaders taking charge of what should be publicly run and requested investigations.

he should be skeptical about the 9/11 commission report. why claim that you look for the evidence and then dismiss the strange and objectively unfinished case of building 7? as a man of science, why dismiss basic newtonian principles of motion in building 1 and 2?

i'm sure we all have our opinionated weaknesses, but it's crucial to strive and not have them cloud your judgment when something so obviously ominous and declared occurs.

anybody who thinks 19 saudi hijackers pulled that off is telling themselves the greatest joke of their lives.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: uktorah

And my spirit will be packing!

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: facedye
this was a really well executed discussion.

with that being said, for me it's absurd to see people rationalize their beliefs on the 'official story' of 9/11. he as a skeptic should be skeptical of political leaders taking charge of what should be publicly run and requested investigations.

he should be skeptical about the 9/11 commission report. why claim that you look for the evidence and then dismiss the strange and objectively unfinished case of building 7? as a man of science, why dismiss basic newtonian principles of motion in building 1 and 2?

i'm sure we all have our opinionated weaknesses, but it's crucial to strive and not have them cloud your judgment when something so obviously ominous and declared occurs.

anybody who thinks 19 saudi hijackers pulled that off is telling themselves the greatest joke of their lives.

The greatest lie.... some people can't handle the truth, thats why they often reply with great emotion when challenged with there beliefs.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I hate when someone says the science is settled, where the post mortem can only mean...STFU, and only discuss the various distributions or wealth to the rich, the various distributions of poverty to the poor, and not to all the redactions in a freedom, (laugh) of information request.
Next thing we'll be told...by somebody, is that Soylent Green is really a happy pill!

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: JesseVentura

NO ONE is taking my guns. I don't have one but uphold my right to bear arms. 9/11 was a lie to cause instability in the Middle East. The phrase climate change or global warming has zero to do with weather. It is the climate of the haves against the have nots; same for warming...to get the have nots to warm up to shifting sides.

They can try to control our guns. I have a critical illness that will take me into ascension soon enough so I will go down in a blaze of glory.

No fear.

I am distressed at hearing of your critical illness. You are SO right, there is nothing to fear. I understand that now. There is nowhere to go to. You don't have be become something, you are already everything. You are already perfect. We are just here to live this experience and thats it. Then on to the next one and the next one, until I guess we choose to do something different. We are all immortal. PEACE.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Precisely. My "vessle" is deteriorating but my will and being are strong. I have achieved much in this life of which I am proud. I have reached knowledge and am somewhat excited at the ascension to come.

We are all perfect as we are. As long as we live the life of embracing others, we will be just fine.

Namaste to you.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
I take on skeptic Michael Shermer, author of the book “The Moral Arc,” on 9/11 and other conspiracy theories: what separates fact from fiction? I go head-to-head with Shermer on a variety of hot topics, including the official 9/11 report, climate change, and gun control.
*SNIP*

Why is it that all I'm seeing is an advertisement for some home improvement television show?
edit on 26/2/16 by argentus because: Removed OP video from quote to stop the echo-effect of the auto-play video of the OP.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
on 9/11 and other conspiracy theories

It's interesting how people who do not believe in the 9/11 official conspiracy theory; get labelled "conspiracy theorists", when in fact they aren't putting forward theories of their own, but rather "debunking" the official nonsense.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

"By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise." - Adolf Hitler.

It's absolutely true that many issues are used as tools to manufacture hysteria in the population, to make us see good where there is bad, and vise versa.

But to say that ALL issues fall under that category?

Ridiculous.

The whole point of this video is that we need to weed out which issues have substance, and which are nothing more than bloated speculation and fairy tales. Jesse Ventura's guest here paints it up pretty well. Issues with evidence tend to have more legitimacy. It's not difficult to figure out.

All things are not conspiracies.

Some are. Not all.

edit on Xx53770729PM27 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I was pleasantly surprised by this segment. Jesse, you are who you are -- always engaging, probing, pushing against the edge. Michael Shermer used to be, imo, a professional skeptic, and often seriously on the muscle, and somewhat unwilling to consider aspects of conspiracy theory. He has mellowed and I enjoyed his perspective and the interplay between you both. Mr. Shermer seems now, to me, to be far more willing to engage in a true debate, and I respect his views because he deserves that respect.

We don't have to agree with others' views to enjoy debating; we only have to debate in a respectful manner to get our point across. Really enjoyable and thought-provoking segment that left me wishing it had been much longer.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
im sorry im not sure where you want this question how do we know when to use gun rights to protect gun rights i think its getting close

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

top topics

join