It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Russian Mi-35MS Captured On Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
So I was casually surfing during lunch and came across this.

Secret Russian Mi-35MS Captured On Video

The article says the following.

A video of pair of secret Mi-35MS helicopters was captured by a civilian near the Kremlin in Moscow and posted to YouTube. The aircraft are a variant of the Russian Mi-35M combat helicopter.

The Russian news site Sputnik International reports that the aircraft's solid green color no insignia other than a Russian flag identify them as special-mission aircraft. The helos in the video also have a number of antennae on their fuselages, and specialized electronic equipment mounted on outboard structures.

The aircraft is rarely seen in Russia, the first time being in February 2013 at a production facility if Rostov. Another was seen later that year at a test range at the Mil helicopter factory in Moscow.

According to available information, the special-purpose version – the Mi-35MS – is equipped with advanced avionics, a number of various sensors, a night-vision system, the Raduga-MB satellite station, a GLONASS/GPS navigation system, and an anti-jamming system. It also has a self-protection system against infrared guided anti-aircraft missiles.

And I did a quick search for the video on youtube and voila.

I see that the chopper has a bunch of antennas and some hump behind the rotor.

I'll let Zaph comment on what all this may be.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Good looking for a Hinde. Wonder how it would stack up against a AH-64 Longbow?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
looks like there's another article on this sucker.

foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Thats pretty Cool! I want one now. It's sorta like a Russian Marine One but for Russian Govt. VIP's.

Imagine getting a Hinde as a personal helicopter if you were rich enough to buy one. What would one put in there. Can it hold one of those Limo Jacuzzi? Beat all the guys at the party that show up in their Lamborghini's. "That's a nice Car. Oh look there's my ride" WHUMP WHUMP WHUMP WHUMP WHUMP. Dirt and everything that's not bolted down at the party flying everywhere.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
I see that the chopper has a bunch of antennas and some hump behind the rotor.

They look like normal VHF,UHF and HF comms antennas to me.

top topics

join