It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who did somthing nice for you lately

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
All right, I am starting this in this section because we constantly hear about the bad things people do and offences everyone takes to situations, every now and then someone does something nice for me and renews my faith in humanity. My wife has cearies(sp )malformation and had part of her skull removed and a net put their to hold up her brain that fell in to the spinal collum. well this was 10 years ago, and she still has trouble with her neck so I wanted to get the best pillow I could for her for Christmas. Well.. I steped into a matress store as a last resort yesterday and talked to a young sales girl and explained what I needed, and she showed me the perfect pillow for her I was just shocked at the price at $139.00 and she asked me how much I wanted to spend. I said about $40-60 so she said lets see what I could do and came back with a price of $80.00, I took it. The point of this thread is for us to tell what someone else has done nice for you. Now I believe this young girl did for me was drop her commission, so after the holidays I am going to drop her off some flowers for being a nice, caring person, now come on tell us what you got to tell.I Iwill try to keep up with the thread but am very busy at this time so lets hear it.
Thanks Ed
edit on 25-12-2015 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

A very good story to read of kindness shown. Thanks.

Gibson sent me a replacement acoustic guitar. I bought a Gibson J - 35 a few months back. There was a problem right from the start with the neck that just got worse. I sent it back and Gibson replaced it with a higher spec model to say sorry. I got a guitar worth $600 more. It arrived yesterday, just in time for Christmas, too.

America be proud of Gibson of Bozeman Montana. They are as kind as they are skilled at making guitars.

I have spent all day today playing the guitar. That is just about all I do every day, lol.

Wishing you and your Lady a blessed 2016.

edit on 25-12-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9 Hey thanks man and thanks for sharing and enjoy that Gibson, I have a good friend whos brother knows Les Paul and even attended one of his birthday partys , what a chance hey? Happy Holidays

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: darepairman
a reply to: Revolution9 Hey thanks man and thanks for sharing and enjoy that Gibson, I have a good friend whos brother knows Les Paul and even attended one of his birthday partys , what a chance hey? Happy Holidays

Yes, you too, hope you and family are having a great day. He knew Les Paul! Wow!

They really are one legend of a company indeed.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

You just did something nice for me.

Thank you and Merry Christmas!
edit on Rpm122515v41201500000055 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I got to work and one of my co workers baled a bunch of treats, cant beat rice krispies squates and cup cakes

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Such nice stories to read here. I sent something in the mail and didn't even hear back. Oh, well, that's life.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
They say its better to give than to receive…and that true giving often transcends physical objects

I recall in my business life meeting a woman so cordial, so nice, so kind, and so respectful, that to this day I believe that lady was some kind of a saint.

What she gave me was the experience of true; loving-kindness, something we rarely in life experience from strangers…

I’ve never seen her again but Ill never forget her

So were ever you are lady

thanks

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

The story didnt make me feel grateful at all. Im numbed out from all the deceit and competitiveness. Earth has been given notice and the clock is counting down.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell You know that kind of describes the expirance.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic Sucks man

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: superluminal11 oh ya?

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

We had a secret Santa leave gifts on our porch for our children, it was a blessing.

Man at the movies yesterday gave me a jump for my car after I left the lights on.

BTW, Star Wars 7 was not all that it was hyped up to be. It was good but not exceptional but Star Wars 8 will have to come to answer all the left over questions from SW7.

Oh yeah, and we gave a platter of Banana muffins, Dutch chocolate brownies and cookies to all of our 10 neighbors in our little cul-de-sac.

edit on 25-12-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I suppose a back rub and a breakfast burrito count. I like to imagine it was out of kindness with no ulterior motive. I gave a hitcher a lift and a cold beer. Gratitude was plenty of reward.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23 The luck is strong in this one

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
There are certain people in my life who are like my little Angels, so special and thoughtful, kind and compassionate and humorous too which helps in this life. I try to do the same for others by doing things, no matter how small that might make their day a little more special. Life is so chaotic and difficult and anything that people can do for others really does make a difference in someone's life, even the little things that often mean the most.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Eriktheawful removed a post that was deemed Ill-mannered, and because of that I now have a different perspective on things...and apparently 1000 less points.

A 2 fir...

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow Ill mannered Huh??? Why I oddaa

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: darepairman Oh and sorry about the points, looks like you need them

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

You are one of only a handful of refreshingly nice people I've met on ATS. You are always sweet, sensitive to other's plight and genuinely caring.

You lift the energy of any thread you're on.

We could use more 'yous' in this world.

Namaste.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join