It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars Theories (Warning: Spoilers if you haven't seen the new film)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
So, we've seen the movie (so if you haven't, another warning to stop reading this thread)....

Ok, so we find out "Kylo Ren" is really "Ben Solo" kid of Han and Leia.

But, we're still in the dark about who "Rey" is, as well as "Finn".

I'm curious to hear others', but here's mine:

1. Rey is actually daughter to Han and Leia, and Ben's sister. I also suspect Rey is not her real name (Han's reaction when she gave the name), and I suspect it is "Keira" (from a previous script leak way back in June, that just happened to be exactly right when the first film came out). Like Luke, she will learn her parentage in the next film.

2. Finn is the son of the planetary leader we saw when the New Republic worlds were snuffed out by the First Order's Starkiller base. I think we'll see Lando as his father (but not showing up until the next film, just as Lando did originally).

But how?

My suspicion is that following Ben's going dark while at Luke's new Jedi Academy, Rey was also a fellow student (why she knew how to do some Force things rather instantly...she didn't guess, she subconsciously remembered). Ben's departure made Han and Leia grow apart as they decided what to do to avoid Rey having the same fate. Luke suggests a rather invasive approach...mindwiping all to keep her hidden and safe, much as he was hidden as a kid.

They agree, and this is why they don't really recognize Rey as their daughter (but do subconsciously), and why she doesn't recognize them. (she was old enough, when left on Jakku, to remember her parents, unless she was wiped). It also explains why the Falcon would be sitting there, along with a false memory of the chain of custody. The mindwipe led to Han and Leia going their separate ways, her to lead the Resistance, and him back to smuggling with Chewie.

When Rey touched the lightsaber, it was basically a trigger to unlock her suppressed memories as well as other impressions from the object's history. Though they won't all come back at once. This is also why Luke gives her the look he does when he sees her. He knows that she is no longer safely hidden, and that he's now back in the saddle again.

My guess is the next movie will be a parallel to Empire...with Luke reteaching Rey, while Han, Leia, Poe, and Finn eventually meet up with Lando (who knowingly or unknowingly, puts them in a bind with Snokes). (basically, Rey is the new Luke, and Finn is the new Leia, Poe is the new Han). Like in Empire, something happens where Rey must leave (though this time, I think Luke (Yoda) will come with)...to save her friends.

So, what do YOU think?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok
That's a good synopsis of a possible script for the next episode. I have toyed with the idea of Rey being Luke's daughter because of some old scripts online, but I think I like your script better. History repeats itself, no matter where you are in the universe. lol.

edit on 12/22/2015 by Klassified because: grammar

edit on 12/22/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I didn't really care for it. Came across as a revamp of new hope. Droid with secret information, villain with ties to protagonist, really powerful Jedi who doesn't know it yet, etc. I liked han's death though, a nice little goodbye to the old generation. Just wish people would get this excited about stuff that actually matters.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Kylo is the person who spoke to Rae in her vision when she got dropped on the planet I have seen it 4 times now and it is his voice.
I agree some mind stuff is happening but I'm sure Han did know who she was and I think yes his daughter just the way he looked at her in one scene..very good acting by Ford If I'm right.
The rest of your theory pretty much is mine also.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I am pretty certain Rey is Ren's sister as Abrams made it very clear that her last name was intentionally withheld.

I think the Lando theory is solid but I would need to see more supporting easter eggs.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Just throwing this in that BB-8 is my fave now I think she (I got the impression BB is a she) is better then R2..If I could have a R2 unit or a BB unit.....BB.
I know sacrilege lol
Oh and for a theory I dunno BB-8 was Kylo's droid.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I will be plenty miffed If Lando doesn't make an appearance.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
I will be plenty miffed If Lando doesn't make an appearance.

Be happy that the Wookie didn't die. There is a cut scene you will really like.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I think that Rey is the daughter of Luke and he dropped her off on Jakku when she was a baby and he was on his way to exile. The voices talking to Rey were confirmed to be Obi-Wan Kenobi, both from the prequels and the original movies.

The movie talked about Finn and his fellow stormtroopers being brought up from birth, so I thought, and brainwashed from a young age. Maybe Finn was kidnapped. A lot of people think he is the son of Lando Calrissian, although he could also be related to Boba Fett, since Fett is black as well and his father was already involved in the clone trooper program in the prequels. Although Fett is not as black as Lando, so this theory might not hold water.

I'll have to watch the movie again to see Han and Luke's reaction to seeing Rey. Rumor has it that Lando is going to make an appearance next episode. It is interesting how Episode VII mirrored so much of a New Hope. Like the OP suggests, maybe Episode VIII will mirror Empire.
edit on 22amTue, 22 Dec 2015 10:40:46 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

That is interesting about the Falcon being at the same location as Rey, as if she was dropped off by it. Han doesn't seem to remember how he lost his ship, either. Wait - he said it was stolen. Maybe Luke stole it?
edit on 22amTue, 22 Dec 2015 10:44:14 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
...although he could also be related to Boba Fett, since Fett is black as well and his father was already involved in the clone trooper program in the prequels. Although Fett is not as black as Lando, so this theory might not hold water.

Jango and Boba Fett are not black, the actor who portrays Jango is Temuera Morrison who is Maori, Scottish and Irish.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I am pretty certain Rey is Ren's sister as Abrams made it very clear that her last name was intentionally withheld.

I think the Lando theory is solid but I would need to see more supporting easter eggs.

So its a retelling of jacen and jaina. I hope they do his transition to the dark side justice. We have already seen the good ol' Jedi side of business, I think his journey and his fascination are a welcome contrast to its predecessors. The novel universe has tons of great stuff. (Still hoping snokes is based on grand admiral thrawn)
edit on 22-12-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

He was the only one of the originals not to sign up to do the new films

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Yea, the new star was is almost exactly like a New Hope probably my biggest issue with the movie and Kylo Ren's daddy issues, He's kinda whiny and weak. Also, how the hell does he lose to Rey after all his training? He should be able to take Finn and Rey at the same time.... how is Rey so powerful? Luke wasn't even that strong after TRAINING with Yoda.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Yea, the new star was is almost exactly like a New Hope probably my biggest issue with the movie and Kylo Ren's daddy issues, He's kinda whiny and weak. Also, how the hell does he lose to Rey after all his training? He should be able to take Finn and Rey at the same time.... how is Rey so powerful? Luke wasn't even that strong after TRAINING with Yoda.

Corny foreshadowing and obligatory passing down of torch sequence.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

This stuff is easy to get excited about because it doesn't require anyone actually do anything. If you can sit and stare at a wall for two hours you're good to go!

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
@TzarChasm
@neveroddoreven99

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Why did the Solo hide her though? Ben would only be slightly older than her so likely would not have turned yet.

I think Snoke is Darth Plageruis.

It was stated he had the power to create life and cheat death.

I think Anakin was his first creation. Rey is his second, hence why without training she was so strong in the force.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Just wish people would get this excited about stuff that actually matters.

It called fun....

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Just wish people would get this excited about stuff that actually matters.

It called fun....

Its called a distraction.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join