It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders: Iowa, NH wins could lead to one of "greatest political upsets"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Flatfish

I have already read the tirade of that man caused disaster.

Reinstatement of Glass Stegall ? Gee why didn't Clinton just leave it alone?

Breaking up the big banks and wipe out millions of middle class, and government pensioners,401k, and IRA's.

Bye bye nest eggs, and retirement!

Free public college ? Ya think UNIONS will stand for that ?

Ya think UNIONS will stand for his living wage hydrochloro bullsnip?

Yeah Bernie most certainly a 'war hawk' he wants to wage JIHAD on Wall Street, and Finance that would utterly DESTROY our economy.

Trillion dollar infrastructure ? Yeah China would be building it, and we'd have more bridges to NOWHERE.

As to 7 I highly doubt it.

I don't know...why didn't Clinton leave it alone? It was after all, a Republican initiative.

I spent 32 yrs as a representative one of the largest unions in this country and I don't think they will have a problem with free college or a living wage.

Why the hell would they?

Wall St. & the big banks do not create our economy, they profit from it!

It's not our responsibility to protect Wall St., it's our responsibility to protect our economy and our people from Wall St. corruption & greed.

And by the way, "your bridge to nowhere" was another Republican initiative, was it not?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I don't know...why didn't Clinton leave it alone? It was after all, a Republican initiative.

That dog don't hunt.

I spent 32 yrs as a representative one of the largest unions in this country and I don't think they will have a problem with free college or a living wage.

Well riddle me this.

Now if education is free, and a living wage GUARANTEED . What's the purpose of a union ?

Not a whole lot.

Think they are going to give up their POLITICAL POWER ? NOPE.

Wall St. & the big banks do not create our economy, t

Every single person. Every single business runs through Wall Street in one way or the other.

From MONEY, and financial services to you paying for groceries to a store that has stock there.

WHO ALL raise capital, and use that in their buisness's.

Everything interects through there.

Want to know what this country would look like WITHOUT it ?

Africa.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I don't think that the US of A's LEO's will be quitting the FOP over a Sanders win do you?

I wonder what unions will be doing for their members, maybe representing them! duh!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Sanders is the Ron Paul of the Democrat party.

He will be torpedoed and his efforts will yield similar results to Paul's.

I second that.

I have seen little difference between the supporters of those two.

Hard core supporters all the way.

Until one day they see where idealism meets reality.

I third that.

Sorry but the GOP and the DNC are not looking for who the people want they already have their candidate preselected by the oligopolies in charge.

Tne corporate money and the MSM indicates its hillary. Bernie is going to end up feeling the bern by the DNC.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I do not see Bernie Sanders changing anything...

Unless one lives under authoritarian rule, it is not one man/woman who will change things by being elected to office. In America, collective action is the catalyst. Conservative collective action (conservative churches, groups like the Tea Party, for ex.) has been the catalyst for change for four decades now. Bernie Sanders alone cannot change anything, but the collective action of those who agree with his message can. So, even if he is not elected, it is his message that must be fought for.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I loved the fact that Debbie Wasaman Schultz said, Bernie would not dare to sue the DNC!

An independent investigation is sure to prove that the impartiality they the DNC are bound to, was destroyed by DWS through her constant favouring Hilary at every turn.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Sanders, Clinton. . . . . what difference does it make?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

That dog don't hunt.

Well riddle me this.

Now if education is free, and a living wage GUARANTEED . What's the purpose of a union ?

Not a whole lot.

Think they are going to give up their POLITICAL POWER ? NOPE.

Wall St. & the big banks do not create our economy, t

Every single person. Every single business runs through Wall Street in one way or the other.

From MONEY, and financial services to you paying for groceries to a store that has stock there.

WHO ALL raise capital, and use that in their buisness's.

Everything interects through there.

Want to know what this country would look like WITHOUT it ?

Africa.

It's not fair for you to bombard me with so much ignorance all at once.

The repeal of Glass-Steagall was indeed a Republican initiative that came at a time when Republicans controlled both the House and the Senate. It would not have even been considered had it not been for the GOP.

When it comes to unions, you just don't know squat do you?

If wages were the only issue I had to worry about as a union rep., I wouldn't have even needed to be present but once every 4 to 6 yrs for contract negotiations and the cost of education was never an issue affecting our union.

I couldn't even begin to list all the issues that unions address in behalf of the workers they represent and I doubt it would be worth the effort anyway, considering who I'm currently debating.

Your assertion that every single person and every single business in America runs through Wall St. is a heaping pile of bulls#%t.

I was sitting down eating in a local mom & pop pizza shop when I read your post and I almost gagged.

As it turns out, this pizza shop has wooden shingles hanging on their walls with different local business ads painted on them. I counted over 50 businesses represented and not a damn one of them is publicly traded and my little town only has 9,000 people in it.

Truth be told, the vast majority of businesses in this country are not publicly traded and they don't have a damn thing to do with Wall St. except for when they cause an economic collapse and need bailing out.

And who would of thought that the only thing keeping Africa from sharing the wealth and prosperity this planet has to offer is their lack of a stock market?

It a good thing we had uncle Wall St. come along and make us the great nation we are.

What would we have done without it?

Give me a break!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

The repeal of Glass-Steagall was indeed a Republican initiative that came at a time when Republicans controlled both the House and the Senate. It would not have even been considered had it not been for the GOP.

As I SAID.

That dog don't hunt.

The legislation was signed into law by President Bill Clinton.

en.wikipedia.org...

CLinton OWNS.

He signed in to LAW.

HE OWNS IT.

Not even going to bother with the rest.

Moving on.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

When asked if Wallsteet would like him, sanders replied:

SEN. BERNIE SANDERS: No, I think they won’t. So Hillary and I have a difference. The CEOs of large multinationals may like Hillary. They ain’t going to like me, and Wall Street is going to like me even less. And the reason for that is we’ve got to deal with the elephant in the room, which is the greed, recklessness and illegal behavior on Wall Street. When you have six financial institutions in this country that issue two-thirds of the credit cards and one-third of the mortgages, when three out of four of them are larger today than when we bailed them out because they are too big to fail, we have got to re-establish Glass-Steagall. We have got to break the large financial institutions up. So I don’t think—having said that, I don’t think I’m going to get a whole lot of campaign contributions from Wall Street. I don’t have a super PAC. I don’t want campaign contributions from corporate America.

And let me be clear: While there are some great corporations creating jobs and trying to do the right thing, in my view—and I say this very seriously—the greed of the billionaire class, the greed of Wall Street is destroying this economy and is destroying the lives of millions of Americans. We need an economy that works for the middle class, not just a handful of billionaires. And I will fight and lead to make that happen.

source

IMHO Hilary is probably already sending out invitations to all the Wall Street lobbyists!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

7 years ago, people were under the impression that Obama would save them. The sad truth is, no president is going to save any of us. No party will save any of us.

We'll just have to tolerate who ever is in office and save ourselves.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

With Hilary there is no hope for a positive change, just Obama ll.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Here's hoping that you're right and I'm wrong.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Hillary is the pick. She is going to get the nod. What she is scared of is the fact that there are all demographics that are looking for a GOP change. Folks, it happens every 8 years. Look at History. The ebb and flow except this time the Ross Perot wildcard is someone that everyone knows.

She thinks she can laugh her way to the WH but she has upset the right and left. The independent. There are a lot of veterans who will not vote for her but are democrats. If Bernie gets the nod you might have Hillary supporters vote for him because of core values but the other way, sorry, there will be no votes or third party and it will allow the GOP nod to win.

Last, Sanders will not get the nod because he identifies as Jewish. This is something that is not in the MSM but the true progressive power brokers do not want Bernie. They want someone they can control.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Get use to the idea of the first female president.

Clinton only lost to the current guy because the DNC wanted the first African American president.

What does Sanders really have to offer they can't get with CLinton ?

NOTHING.

Lobbyists out of Washington. If Hillary gets in, the corruption will continue on. Bernie is the only real shot at fighting against the lobbyists. All the other politicians are on their payroll.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I've seen this said for months

Clinton vs Bush (he is a 3 per cent in the polling so idk)

I see Rubio/Fiorina vs Clinton/Castro

I'm calling for Democrats to end this and vote Bernie but I'm no supporter of any democrat , the best one dropped out already

edit on 22-12-2015 by KonigKaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Sander's will probably lose South Carolina and Florida to Clinton, I think that's a given that even his campaign expects, but they were hoping for more traction in Nevada.

Sander's is gaining but I think he needs some big minority endorsements. Oprah would be big.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join