It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh, Light Imperishable...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
In what ever form or name, We praise Thee.

T.S. Eliot

I've never ceased to be amazed that despite myself my faith continues. My belief in an indefinable something continues, and if anything, grows stronger. Faith is a funny thing.

This Christmas season is, to put it mildly, going to be bittersweet. My Father approaches the end of his days here on Earth...after ninety plus years this chapter of the story comes to a close...

Past few days I've been, to put it bluntly, depressed and already mourning.

Yet, somehow, in the midst of it all, it changed. Still sad, of course, but I know, without knowing, that his journey will not end here, but will continue on. His faith tells him this. So, too, does my own. A faith that, batter it about though I will, will not die.

Oh Light Imperishable, indeed.

Be not too curious of Good and Evil;
Seek not to count the future waves of Time;
But be ye satisfied that you have light
Enough to take your step and find your foothold.

An it harm none, do what ye will.

Do unto others as ye would have them do unto you.

How many other ways has this been expressed down through the centuries? ...and forgotten. Remembered, yet forgotten again, almost instantly.

Prattling on as we do about evil this, good that, or evil that, good this--or a myriad of combinations. Little realizing, or caring, that there is only the Light. It has no name. No color. It just is. It's within each and every one of us, deny it though we will--ignore it though we do.

Being Imperishable, it bides its time and reminds us that we are children of the Light. It's not one thing for me, and another for you...in the end, it's the same for all of us. Though some will, of course, deny that--violently, in many cases.

Use this coming season, call it Christmas, call it what you will...as a chance to recall that, indeed, the slave is my brother.

I follow a different version, but neither is wrong...nor is yours.

Noel.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Gladly accept the time he has to share with you, for time is the most precious gift of all and tis the season of sharing. My condolences and happy holiday to you and yours.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Right back at you, sir.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Beautiful sentiments Seagull, thank you. My very best to you and your family over the holidays, and yes, especially to your father. To Everything there is a season.

Peace and Love,
liw

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

To you, and yours, as well.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light;

(My last year's Christmas thread was on this verse)
edit on 21-12-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Peace and joy to all .....

1Jn 3:1 See what kind of love the Father has given us: We are called God's children—and that is what we are! For this reason the world does not recognize us, because it did not recognize him, either.
1Jn 3:2 Dear friends, we are now God's children, but what we will be like has not been revealed yet. We know that when the Messiah is revealed, we will be like him, because we will see him as he is.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
If only all the worlds faiths were so accepting and respectful of the spiritual path of others, instead of condemnation because you are lost if you don't believe our way, and belong to our clique.

Happy holidays to you and yours. May your fathers last days, hours, and minutes be filled with the presence of those who love him, and those whom he loves.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Nice post! S&F

You're right, we all have the Light, we wouldn't be alive if that weren't the case. What happens when you die? The lights go out, so that must mean that life itself is the Light. We see it as we live right now, most people just don't realize it for what it is.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Hugs to you!

I'm so sorry to hear of your father's situation. I wish peace for him and you... Watching my mother go was a bittersweet time for me. But the light was there and that same light is held within me. What you said is so beautiful!

This holiday, I wish you love.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Each day is a gift of time. I hope that your father's remaining time with you will be spent in peace.

Stories are a form of immortality. If you are able, ask him about his memories of relatives and other people who are long gone. Write them down so that others will remember -- or if he's not able to respond, write the stories you know about him. There will be those in the future who will treasure them (including genealogy researchers)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
I've never ceased to be amazed that despite myself my faith continues. My belief in an indefinable something continues, and if anything, grows stronger. Faith is a funny thing.

I think that you make an error in the way that you conflate two very opposite things; Faith and 'beliefs'.
But this doesn't seem the place or time...
I won't offer condolences because the only place dad has died is in your imagination.
Considering the little time left for you to interact with him, rather than imagining his death, are you treating him in a way that when he dies, at any moment, you will not have to say; "If only...!"
Ase you giving him all the Love and attention that a Breaking Heart can offer?
Every moment that you can?

"Only a Breaking Heart can Love!" - n

top topics

join