It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some people - including the ones we love - are simply, delusional.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hit enter too early.. Give me a sec
edit on 18-12-2015 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

I just read a comment on social media, and I nearly died from choking after laughing so hard. I thought ATS would enjoy this - and for whatever relevance it has, this is a comment from my pops.

"Welcome to Obamanation. Only black lives matter, the black panthers control the government, Islam has declared war on white people, and the Communist is giving them what they want. Vote Republican and take our country back."

I love my dad, he's the most hard-working, patient, reasonable, honest, and down-right authentic man I've ever met in my life. But wow - it is absolutely amazing at how the political views are different.

I, personally, found his comment to absolutely hilarious. It is the most hyperbolized statement I've heard regarding all the "hot button," issues - wrapped into one.

Sometimes, we truly have to laugh at ourselves and the ones we love, and just say: "Damn. We are one stupid *%*#^* race."

edit on 18-12-2015 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Simple statement!
I agree!

Ok, I'll wait!

LOL

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire
Now I must be delusional. There's nothing posted!
Kidding. I hate hitting the button early.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The fascinating thing about our journey in this world is the unique perception of our fellow adventurers.

Finding humor truly is one of the best tools for dealing with the differences of view!

Thank you for sharing that comment was priceless, I too shall laugh for awhile about it!
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231pmFriday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Sometimes, you just have to laugh and not take things so seriously.

I'm happy you found the humor in it as well.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Your Dad and mine are holdovers from a different world, the land before internet.

My dad has a study with two pictures over his desk, Ronald Reagan and John Wayne.

Right wing republican christian 'machine gun em on the beaches' career Lockheed engineer, worked on nukes and satellites for most his life.

The Indians are savages, the commies are taking over, Law and order, death penalty, military might makes right…

I lost touch a long time ago. Been recovering from my upbringing ever since.

I know its not his fault, he's conditioned by the main stream, in his day the only source of news in town.

Edit: To this day he refuses to get Cable TV, a computer or cellphone, will always be stuck in the past. Good warmonger.
edit on 18-12-2015 by intrptr because: edit:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Don't worry - he might find you delusional too, but I'm sure that doesn't minimize his love for you.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Actually compared to most, your dad really isn't doing so bad...

Most believe that the 'Obamanation', Islam, and communism are all peaches and cream.

The important thing here is that he doesn't seem to believe what the authorities are saying.

So look at the bright side...

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

To each his/her own...that's all I have to say about that

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Where as we may not agree with family and friends out their political leanings or even lack of therefore(which I agree with) one thing is for certain at least it's being talked about now. It gives an opportunity for discussion. Not talking about avocation of division which is a problem but the flow of information which may have people more informed on who they support. Politics have so long been a no no for family, friends, neighbors to openly discuss therefore corruption was easier to be put in place.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Vote Republican. The Trump-et is being heard around the world every day. Does that mean it will be the end of the world as we know it?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

yes old worlds die and a good thing sometimes. My father-in-law said that it is wrong for black people to marry white because it is horrible what it does to the kids!I think he needs to get out more!

new topics

top topics

join