It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple crashes into bear market: $160B gone!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Naw APPL will fall, all it will take is one #ty Iphone and you'll see that stock price drop even faster than it did today.
Besides their new CEO is only interested in appeasing investors, he doesn't care about innovating new tech for the company.

One way or the other APPL is dying.

In part I agree. Theyre definitely too focused on appeasing investors right now instead of R&D. They are trying to creep into the tv and car realm but for the immediate future, it doesnt look like the stock has bottomed out yet. With the way phone contracts are structured these days, iphone sales will likely continue to slow.

Lets not forget, in August, Apple lost $113 billion. The stock recovered and now we have this tumble.

Id be interested in buying when it dips into the $90s

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Dropping stock doesn't mean a company is failing or about to go under, stock value is what holders feel the future worth will be.

This is just an example of how the equities markets have been "rigged" for a long time.

Here's how it goes.

BigCo Inc. releases projections for 4th quarter profits, sales, and earnings; bottom line: $100 million profit.

As the quarter comes to a close, BigCo Inc. looks like it's going to hit the mark, with a little more.

But then comes in StockAnalyst LLC, and says that BigCo Inc. really should be doing $110 million in profit for Q4.

BigCo Inc., with big smiles and high-fives, announces Q4 numbers, with a $104 million profit, more than projected.

But the stock falls because, even though BigCo Inc. beat their own projections, they didn't beat the higher number StockAnalyst LLC wanted.

In an unrigged market place, when you beat your estimates, you're rewarded. But in the rigged equities markets, the goal posts are moved -- to give advantage to those with huge positions to make money on the movement, not the price.

What happened with Apple, in this case, is that an analyst suggested that iPhone sales will begin to slump based on numbers from one of Apple's suppliers. Even though these types of crystal ball prophecies have been wrong more times than right, the stock still falls, and a select few make big money on that fall.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Sometimes I feel these drops are intentional, in order for the wealthy to get ever wealthier.

Buy when there's blood in the streets...and who still has money where there's blood in the street? The insanely rich.

So, in order to suck up more shares than normal, manipulate the stock price and cause a tumble...then swoop in and snatch up twice as many shares with your money.

I swear the whole thing is rigged by those at the top, for those at the top.

Just like in Vegas, the house always wins....people compare the stock market to gambling all the time too... I just wonder who the "house" is though?

I was thinking in the same lines you are... How many times has the stock split since the iPod,iPad, iPhone revenue that skyrocketed share value?

I can see that some in the know may want to reel in more of a controlling interest in shares before coming out with the next big thing.. by selling off HIGH then swooping in to buy low when folks bail...

I thought I heard that Apple has no big reveals next year, just some polish on what already exists, could this be the year when control is regained before the next big thing shows up?

pondering... who knows

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Like a teardrop in the ocean

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Apple has had some new things. The two finger touch on the laptop was my first thing I noticed when I switched. PC had the technology five years later. It's the intuitive interface that PC copied in my opinion. Their computers are ought to be thier bread and butter. I do not have the numbers on it but they are very good at doing very intensive processing such as playing a Dj set or producing a movie. And they last. I have an average life span of 8 years on my apple products. My roommate raves about his two three hundred dollar laptop/tablet that breaks every year or every other year. Oh well. They won't be going the way of the buffalo though. They still have value.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

The next big thing will be an Apple Watch that lasts longer than a day, and doesn't require you to lug your phone around too. In Japan you can buy cell phone watches already...

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Apple computers are very stable and that's one of the reasons why professionals use them

Pcs can be very stable too,but there are so many manufacturers for all the components it's not surprising problems can arise

I have used the iPhone since just after it's launch but won't use the latest one as IMO it's too big and the 5th version just seems perfect

Btw since 4 upwards I have been using the phone as a Tom tom replacement in the car as it's so good for navigation

I'm typing this on an iPad Air so that's the limits of my apple products and have no desire for their watch!

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
Gotta laugh at everyone dissing apple hardware.

I use both. And I gotta tell you. Apples hardware is very good.

I'm in IT. So I get to see a plethora of brands of hardware and types of computers/phones/devices.

I've told several people I know who always had PC issues to try out a Mac. They purchased iMacs. And I don't ever here from them again. Not a peep.

You guys hear that. I have not been called to troubleshoot their computer issues.

I also see a wide range of android tablets. because many of the android tablets are cheap and cheaply made. I have told several people that their tablets are not repairable. And I have not seen any hardware issues with an ipad.

When it comes to phones. the iphone is one of the better phones on the market. I've seen many cheap android phones that are horrible. But I guess you get what you pay for. The more expensive samsung and htc phones certainly give the iphone a run for their money.

lol I not only repair computers but have a computer science degree. I do believe you when you say your IT however I dont believe your as skilled as some of the other people who have said the same thing as what I have run into which is basically that apple has the same hardware just highly overpriced ie you can build a computer with the same specs at half the price.

please inform us on what trouble shooting skills you have? Virus removal? Hardware? Software? are your skills defined only to the GUI or can you use the command prompt. Can your fix registry files without the help of Ccleaner or registry cleaners like it?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
Apple stole linux and then locked it down...
Actually, OSx is based on Darwin, which in turn is forked from BSD Unix.

originally posted by: grey580...
I've told several people I know who always had PC issues to try out a Mac. They purchased iMacs. And I don't ever here from them again. Not a peep.

You guys hear that. I have not been called to troubleshoot their computer issues.

Honestly, that could be taken as you say, or it could mean they bought them, hated them, and no longer trust you for advice.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
Um, holy crap.

Hurry, buy up all the cheap chinese labor goods you can...support Apple!!! Support our overlords!!!

Source : USAToday.com

A long time overdue. Steve Jobs was a genius in turning the company around, but his absence is really starting to show. They haven't put out an actual good product since Woz was involved in day to day engineering.

originally posted by: jobless1
from a security stand point apple is good because they lock down everything and they make sure their programming is done well. So the professionals who always give me that argument I understand. But that's where it ends for me.

The main advantage to Apple software is that you can view graphics in CMYK rather than RGB so they appear the way they will when printed, that's why more artistic uses prefer Apple.

Everything else is marketing. Like I just said, they couldn't make a good product but Steve Jobs knew how to make you want to buy it.
edit on 20-12-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ringdingdong

I would agree. A true unbiased IT professional would understand the shortcomings of both iOS and Android SDK's, I get to work with both - and in honesty Android has a lot more going for it "under the hood" than anything Apple is currently churning out. Apples strength is in the UI layer - so for someone who is not tech savvy, they can pick up an iOS device and just use it.

The cost of that UI though is a very poor battery life, having to practically write 4 versions of your main program loop to support various screen sizes (iOS being the only modern operating system *ever* to "hard code" screen pixel aspect ratios - which is why there are issues with apps moving from small iPhone screen to large iPhone screen and the to iPad.

Whereas, on the Android side, we have a basic launcher and UI - but this is masked by manufacturers adding their own interface (such as Samsung Touchwiz) many of which are cumbersome and some just down and out horrid. Peel that off, then you have a device that is much more capable than an iOS device, is generally built with better hardware and processor wise wins hands down on power and performance per mw (hence post kit kat devices offer battery life that puts the iPhone to shame). So yes - there are major differences and in real world tech support (and I'm not knocking wherever you work - everywhere is different) but most support calls we get involve iOS not playing nicely with something "back end".

Why don't we hear this from Android users? Generally because they're savvy enough to work out the issue, whereas the iOS users just know they've pressed an app, the app then blurted something about Webdav credentials and boom - all of a sudden they're through to 3rd line support simply because their app is not 100% compliant with standards and haven't a clue how to work around the issue - yet as a company we then have to pay "the apple tax" of £118 and sign a non-disclosure agreement so we can modify ONE line of code in an app to make it work with the back end.

That's one reason why our business is phasing out support for iOS on internal devices. As we work with many MANY other UK businesses, I can say many are doing the same.

Apples response to keep us on board is to suggest we use their backend kit... great, we could, but Apple have practically given up on the server market and we ain't spending £22k on their kit which has no support - when the IBM Z-Plane kit is a quarter of the price and has full support.

Roll in a 3rd platform - Windows phone - up and coming, plays on the strengths of Androids hardware with the user UI simplicity of Apple. It's an up and coming platform but in use here, it works with everything we can throw at it.

So... to grey580 I'd love to know how, as a professional IT technician (and I'm assuming above 1st line support) you can hand-on-heart say that iOS has a good business case - because from a programmer and analyst situation, iOS lacks compatibility with defined standards, costs a fortune to deploy "solutions" for, requires signing and resigning various Apple NDAs to work with (and being in support, I'm sure you've signed one and *know* pretty much the exact hardware detail I'm referring to) and then are a ballache to deploy CRM to.

Meanwhile, with Android it was built with standards in mind, we can modify the firmware to our corporate liking, deploy to handsets OTA while in the field and all for zero cost, zero development cost and no NDAS.

Windows, yeah, pretty much the same - one NDA about certain cryptographic functionality to cover their back if our devices are used in "some" contries but again, built with standards in mind and MS even help with development.

So to sum up, iOS is probably the last platform considered in "big IT" for in house stuff due to its inflexibility, poor performance in the field, generates morr support calls than other platforms and once deployed Apple hold us to random with "per handset" development fees. Fisher price phones for people who can't work with tech gear and are happy to pay a fortune for yesterday's hardware and innovations *but* with excellent support (for a consumer who needs help) and a good design ethic.
edit on 21-12-2015 by Mikeapollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: paradoxious

originally posted by: rigel4
Apple stole linux and then locked it down...
Actually, OSx is based on Darwin, which in turn is forked from BSD Unix.

originally posted by: grey580...

Honestly, that could be taken as you say, or it could mean they bought them, hated them, and no longer trust you for advice.

I suspect the latter to be more likely - especially as Apple are seriously neglecting their desktop market at the moment. How long ago were users promised the latest patch of zero day BSD vulnerabilities... Apple official response "soon".

Meanwhile, every single iMac and Macbook pro out there is a spambot in waiting due to a big issue with SSH and the ability to remotely install Postfix... Then there is that other issue that developers had to sign another NDA about - still unpacked.

Trouble is, iOS is the cashcow and while it's producing milk, everything else is a second thought...

But if you are staring at a spinning beach ball... you're using it wrong

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
We are again on the verge of a EURO crash which this time will be much worse than the crash of 2010. Or so called "greek crisis". This time the crisis is about Italy, Spain and later France. The upcoming attempt of ECB chief Draghi to bail out Italy will result in a catastrophic inflationary spiral in germany similar to the 30s.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join