It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray case: Jurors say they're deadlocked; judge tells them to keep deliberating

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

"pants up, don't loot".

priceless. two thumbs up and a star.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
You don't say something like that unless you WANT them to compromise.

It means they want a guilty verdict because it's the 'moral' call because the state didn't make it's case.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Grounds for appeal already existed due to all the motions that had been denied for venue change, mistrial, and dismissal. Which was picked up on hours ago when the motions were denied.

Add it to the list.

At the bottom.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
Can the judge tell them to keep deliberating even though it is deadlocked? Does he have to call it? Just wondering.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Jury has been dismissed for the day, deliberations continue tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Love all the people hoping for the looting!

Real positive contributions and in no way divisive.

I get that the possibility is a real one, but I can't help but get the idea that you all are hoping they actually do.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

It's not at all uncommon for a judge to tell a jury to go back and try again after they first report a deadlock. The judge has some degree of discretion as to how long to keep them at it. A jury is supposed to have "adequate" time to deliberate.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Thank You!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

No one is hoping for it.

But after every verdict that has been given it' what happens.

Because the mob doesn't like the answer they get.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

The way they are setting the city up, I honestly don't think there is much hope we escape this without something happening. Verdict aside.

It's just the psychological set-up.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I disagree, but that is just my assumption and that may be wrong.

What I hope is that protests don't get met with SWAT teams like we have been seeing.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

There's a difference between riot gear and actual SWAT teams.

Point of fact, there's a demonstration (maybe BLM, conflicting reports) in Philly right now that is going along rather peacefully so far.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

It's not at all uncommon for a judge to tell a jury to go back and try again after they first report a deadlock. The judge has some degree of discretion as to how long to keep them at it. A jury is supposed to have "adequate" time to deliberate.

That's a bit singular a statement, given that you already said in an earlier reply to me that the jury had requested review, and granted same of given evidence, which is only right and proper, and seems like this jury is trying to do the job, but that's the only comment I can make on that, other than they did indeed request more clarification.
It also seems the judge did ask for compromise, that's something no judge should ever ask against someone's personal opinion of the given evidence.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Not really singular at all. The question was asked whether a judge can tell a jury to continue deliberations after being informed the jury is deadlocked.

Which is what my answer pertains to, and nothing more.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Love all the people hoping for the looting!

Real positive contributions and in no way divisive.

I get that the possibility is a real one, but I can't help but get the idea that you all are hoping they actually do.

I don't see anyone hoping, I see people simply admitting these people are looking for an excuse to riot and loot and we have seen it so many times before it's the predictable outcome.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
i think no matter the outcome there will be riots, if anyone is charged it will be driver who was responsible for the occupants.

I believe he threw himself around in the vehicle and accidentally injured himself fatally (trying to collect from the city) none of these officers should be charged and Rollings-Blake whatever Her name should be fired.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki
Im sorry but what the hell is there for them to deliberate on?

That's the problem. There is nothing to actually convict the guy on, but they run the risk of idiots burning my city down if they come back not guilty.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Fair enough, I will admit it was a bit of an exaggeration.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Yea well, I spoke to soon it seems. The protestors entered restaurants and retail stores and started yelling at patrons, it appears.

Ah well.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Any updates on the jury?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join