It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of my favourites in art - Kaj Stenvall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I have been a fan of Kaj Stenvall paintings such a long time. I love the harmony in his paintings and simplistic yet sarcastic approach to issues. Pastel color choices he uses in his art somehow reminds me the colors of Northern Sky when temperature is just below 0 celsius.

He is famous about his duck paintings, They look a bit like Donald but more human like. With his Ducks he tells us stories around us and recenty he had painted political paintings of political people like Vladimir Putin. There were an interview when he told the press that he had made about 235 paintings, political paintings but only few are in his website to be seen .. so i am expecting more to see soon.

Here is his Webpage, some people you might know some of those you don´t propably is finnish politics

Kaj Stenwall

edit on 15-12-2015 by dollukka because: Link fixed

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Scrolled threw most of his site interesting and unique to say the least. His early works seem to focus a lot on Donald Duck and religion with his later work shifting to politicians and Donald Duck.

I like the paintings
"the time of life"1991
"Past world" 1995
"Hard Spring" 2013
"Vater Courage" 2014 (because it's hilarious Putin riding mating lions!!!!!)

a reply to: dollukka

edit on 15-12-2015 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I love 'Kesakuu' (June 2015). I see what you mean about the 'temperature' of his sky, he captures it perfectly. Thanks for sharing these, I'd never heard of him.

My all time favourite Finn has to be Tove Jannson, I love her writing. Nobody captures brooding loss and the pain of separation quite like her.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
thanks op i have never heard of this artist

this for me is excellent angela merkel up to her neck in water priceless
edit on 15-12-2015 by stuthealien because: angela

new topics

top topics

join