It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Interested in F-35Bs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bfirez
a reply to: nwtrucker

The US has played both sides of conflicts for years. Hell we have given Egypt, Libya, Pakistan, Jordan and many other middle eastern countries military aid for decades. From Zaph's post about Pakistan getting the F-35's it seems he wasnt very upbeat on that bit of procurement either. I don't want to speak for him but it seems like he wasn't playing the whole they should get it and they shouldn't game, instead no one that we cant implicitly trust should have access. Now the Pakistan problem is way deeper than F35's, that's a whole can of worms that I don't really feel like spilling at the moment.

OK. That's fine. I can't go on past posts. I don't see them all. I can only on the present posts. They stand on their own merit, not mitigated by earlier ones.

I get beefed up on the Jewish community rhetoric when I've seen numbers as high as 85%-a number of years old- that support the left in the U.S.. The same left and U.S. that willy-nilly gives high tech weapons away when they feel like it and dump on Israel.The bitch about Israel selling tech. Selling "U.S." tech or their own?

"Never Again" is taken seriously in Israel and I respect them for that. In my books, there is no comparison between supporting Israel or the rest of the 'ME'. Not even close. I defend them, with their flaws, as I would the U.S. and it's flaws.

Egypt? Saudi Arabia? Both with newer and better block aircraft than Israel. Also U.S. supplied.

Any wonder Israel is a little weird on the trust side?

In any event, I fully support Israel getting those F-35s.

Apropos of nothing, I predict Obama will withhold the F-35 deal with Israel as a leverage for a Palestinian 'solution'....
Israel never sees the F-35 under this Administration...

edit on 15-12-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I'm gonna quite arguing with you now, its just not worth it. Zaph, I should have taken your cue and bowed out then.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

And which other country that is getting the F-35 has a HISTORY of selling weapons to China?

Really lad? You're worried about Israel selling weapons to China in the 1990s and you don't know who else has been selling to China?

In the decade since the U.S. pressured Israel into halting weapons sales to China (including a halt to previously signed contracts), the UK continued to supply Spey engines for China's JH-7 fighter-bomber, Italy continued to supply assistance for China's WZ-10 attack helicopter, and Canada supplied the engines for the WZ-10. You might also add to that list Turkey, which carried out joint Air Force maneuvers with China.

So I'm waiting for you to call on the U.S. to suspend F-35 deliveries to the UK, Italy, Canada and Turkey.

The U.S. has a great deal of leverage over Israel. When the U.S. Demanded that Israel suspend arms sales and cooperation with Israel, the Israelis complied. Other U.S. allies did not.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: flybywire

originally posted by: Zaphod58

And which other country that is getting the F-35 has a HISTORY of selling weapons to China?

Really lad? You're worried about Israel selling weapons to China in the 1990s and you don't know who else has been selling to China?

In the decade since the U.S. pressured Israel into halting weapons sales to China (including a halt to previously signed contracts), the UK continued to supply Spey engines for China's JH-7 fighter-bomber, Italy continued to supply assistance for China's WZ-10 attack helicopter, and Canada supplied the engines for the WZ-10. You might also add to that list Turkey, which carried out joint Air Force maneuvers with China.

So I'm waiting for you to call on the U.S. to suspend F-35 deliveries to the UK, Italy, Canada and Turkey.

The U.S. has a great deal of leverage over Israel. When the U.S. Demanded that Israel suspend arms sales and cooperation with Israel, the Israelis complied. Other U.S. allies did not.

My blood-pressure just dropped about 20 points. Thank you so much.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join