It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I did a reverse image search of a picture of myself and it bought up pictures of Osama Bin Laden!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I've hurt my back and I'm bored so I took a copy of my facebook profile pic and did a google reverse image search to see what happened.

I was as you can imagine somewhat suprised that Osama Bin Laden Cropped up several times in the search results!

I cannot post the pic I used as I am showing a middle digit and it was removed from ATS before as it was deemed offensive.

Have a go with it yourself if your also bored and see what comes up. Link

On a more serious not I am a little concerned about this face recognition stuff we keep hearing about, Might be an idea to stay away from the tube stations right now.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Did you use that pic of you with the beard?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Did you use that pic of you with the beard?

Yep but I don't think I look at all like Bin Laden?

Strangley enough I was on the reverse image search trying to find out who the guy in your avatar is, it's been bugging me for ages.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Lol. What a surprise.
Seems you have been detected as a conspiracy terrorist then ?

Try this reverse image search engine..
www.tineye.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I knew it! I knew they faked it!! [ runs outside yelling "Bin Laden is aliiiive" ]

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH...

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I was as you can imagine somewhat surprised that Osama Bin Laden Cropped up several times in the search results!

UBL is supposed to "crop up" on the internet everywhere, all the time.

Keeping the war on terror alive. Shave your beard and try again.

Edit: Facial recognition software has a harder time identifying people with beards because they block features of the face the software depends on like mouth shape and size, type of chin, distance between the lips and bottom of nose, etc.

I thought everyone with a beard nowadays is a suspected terrorist?
edit on 10-12-2015 by intrptr because: edit:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I was as you can imagine somewhat surprised that Osama Bin Laden Cropped up several times in the search results!

Or maybe I could just use an existing pic of me without a beard, It's taken nearly a year to get this one.

I'll see what happens.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: intrptr

Or maybe I could just use an existing pic of me without a beard, It's taken nearly a year to get this one.

I'll see what happens.

Yah, keep your beard, they help in the wisdom department.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

They also keep your face warm, It's getting cold here!

Tried another one this time using a photo of me aged 30 clean shaven with a platinum blonde mohawk, Heres one of the results

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

They also keep your face warm, It's getting cold here!

And thwart insects.

Try taking your pic to the tube and holding it up to the security cams, see if it sets off sirens. I think they would have already.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

So if I do a reverse search on Osama I'll find a pic of a guy showing the middle finger and that will be you.

Haha...

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Well, I guess that findly took your mind off of being bored with a hurt back. And after all, Google is simply another word for God's word, so you definitely are in serious trouble and should spend some sleepless nights pondering the situation that you have created for yourself. It might help to take a pill and a nap (and turn off the computer).

edit on 10-12-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

So if I do a reverse search on Osama I'll find a pic of a guy showing the middle finger and that will be you.

Haha...

That would be pretty scary actually.

Not sure if I want to try that.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

One of the people that works on my street has a nickname for me. Yes, you guessed what that nickname is!

Despite me being a generally peaceable chap these days, the beard and hair lead the ignorant to associate me with Osama. What a crock of crap! I am a Christian for crying out loud!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Hehe - funny you should say that. It's focused on your beard and gone with some assumptions. No, you definitely don't look like OBL

I'll tell you who my avatar is once the U2Us are working.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Noticed folks commenting something like that to Fabian 4 Liberty on YouTube just cuz he grew his beard out!

sigh of the times and mass delusion.

top topics

join