It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to deliver rare Oval Office address Sunday on terror threat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I am sorry this is a short opening not much can be said at this point. The article just rehashes what we already know. Tonight the president is going to deliver an address about terrorism. Subject to include ISIS, and the San Bernardino attack.

He will reiterate his firm conviction that ISIL will be destroyed and that the United States must draw upon our values – our unwavering commitment to justice, equality and freedom – to prevail over terrorist groups that use violence to advance a destructive ideology," the White House said in a statement Saturday night.

Obama to deliver rare Oval Office address Sunday on terror threat

It is scheduled at 8:00 p.m. check your time zone, and watch on your preferred channel.

Sure is going to be interesting to watch the spin zone tonight from the oval. I fully expect him to push gun control as a part of his ISIS 'strategy'.
edit on 6-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Sounds like a plan!

For disarmament (and continued leveling of Syria, maybe procession back into Pakistan once Assad assassinated via IS!)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I hope he is sure to include himself as those that create terror.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think you meant to say work place violance

link   
There is a thread about this which can be found here.

POTUS announcement

Important story? I have no clue.

link   
He bores me so I will not be tuning in.

At 9PM I will have Homeland on which, while fictional, deals with terrorism better than Dear Leader ever could.

edit on 6-12-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
He is going to try to assure us that we are safe and will emphasize that the recent attack in SB is not associated with a cell and is an isolated incident...blah blah blah blah blah.

Barack Obama is no George Bush when it comes to his ability to reassure the American people. You may hate on George all day long and talk about his politics, but you have to admit that he and Laura did instill a sense of confidence and determination in the American People.

Obama doesn't have that ability, not even among those in his party. There is something about him that is not trustworthy. But...he IS articulate and has the art of bullspit down to a science.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Obama doesn't make me feel warm and safe like Grandpa used to when we had the fire blazing and he was roasting marshmallows and slurping bourbon right out of the bottle and telling us WW2 stories about how great America would always be...

On the other hand, W never soothed my soul either --as he managed to mangle the English language, the economy and foreign affairs all with one of his two brain cells tied behind his back...

Actually, is there really anything that anyone could say anymore that would truly be reassuring?

We have to devise our own individual slices of hope...

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: EStreetShuffle

I think you're right about one thing....we absolutely have to devise our own individual slices of hope. We as individuals are responsible for our own personal safety and that of those in our families and communities.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

His first point he will address to everyone will include the following:

The rest of the meeting will be history about how his above statement is going as planned.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Oh no, everybody! This is serious! He's giving a speech from the office on Sunday evening, so you know he's been hard at work trying to solve all the problems (that we created) in the middle east. Well, you know...."solve" as in "ignore and continue to consolidate/extract capital".

Well...i guess tomorrow we will all be talking about how we are suddenly dialed up to fear level 11.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
He is going to try to assure us that we are safe and will emphasize that the recent attack in SB is not associated with a cell and is an isolated incident...blah blah blah blah blah.

Barack Obama is no George Bush when it comes to his ability to reassure the American people. You may hate on George all day long and talk about his politics, but you have to admit that he and Laura did instill a sense of confidence and determination in the American People.

Obama doesn't have that ability, not even among those in his party. There is something about him that is not trustworthy. But...he IS articulate and has the art of bullspit down to a science.

Repeating for relevance...

The thousands of hours of teleprompter practice was directed by someone...the question is who?

Great post!

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

He bores me so I will not be tuning in.

At 9PM I will have Homeland on which, while fictional, deals with terrorism better than Dear Leader ever could.

Indeed!

Qasim: US. hurts innocents by sending soldiers to occupy Middle Eastern countries.
Quinn: What do you want?
Qasim: “Assad out of Syria and recognition by the U.N. of the Islamic State.

IF Qasim were a US-funded/armed rebel i would believe him wanting Assad out of Syria. most every other Syrian was happy with their leader, except armed rebels, (IRL anyways).

Poor Quinn! will he be alright cuz he was injected with the antidote seconds before sarin gassed?!

can't believe Allison expects them to believe the Ivanoff character is the double agent now that's she's been busted. It's a cockamamie story but then again would be so 'realistic' of the 'CIA' to believe her BS!

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: mandelaeffect

Dude. Don't give out spoilers without posting a warning.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite
Valerie Jarrett?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I've got a bad feeling that it's going to be firearm / 2nd Amendment related.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

The Iraqis have warned Obama about his recent uninvited deployment of US troops...they will be the targets of militias...the government soldiers are still close to Bagdad.

What are the chances he mentiones this detail?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I predict that he will delay me from watching the Colts play the Steelers at the start of the game.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I think it'll be about stepping up the fight against Isis pledging more American forces to help the fight, but I'm not American so don't know the lay of the land over there, but it seems to be the consensus building in Europe

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
My prediction is the same as it was earlier. He'll offer up some cheap rhetoric on defeating ISIS and telling us we shouldn't compromise our values, freedoms and beliefs out of fear, right before he spends 70%+ of the time arguing against the freedoms and Constitutional rights of of law-abiding American citizens, primarily based on a pretext of fear.
edit on 6-12-2015 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join