It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now I understand why "the bigger the lie, the more it will be believed."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I feel like I've had a bit of an epiphany. I've wondered how and why a lot of things I've seen going on around me were happening. I think I'm beginning to understand how this works. This may not be new to some people. I rather think that it will not for many. For me, several things that I already knew came together today as I read a few things and a bigger piece of the picture emerged.

Here's how it works:

When an institution that is big and perceived as a trustworthy bulwark and anchor of a society's status quo intentionally promotes a blatant falsehood as truth, it creates a psychological or cognitive dissonance in those covered by that institution that most people can't handle. The idea of calling out an institution that is supposed to be at the center of holding our society together - like government, academia, the medical industry - is terribly frightening to many people; to acknowledge the possibility that there is anything awry in the official narrative fed to us by those whom we are supposed to trust is to admit that maybe our world is not as stable and controlled as we want to believe it is and this is terrifies most people. The majority of the populace will, therefore, strain to believe the falsehood in lieu of accepting the obvious truth. The larger the falsehood, the more threatening it is, so the more people have to strain to belive it; but strain they wil, and they will believe that which makes them feel secure.

Once the initial falsehood has been promoted by the institution and accepted by the masses, each successive new falsehood becomes easier for most people to swallow, no matter how big they get (and the falsehoods must continue to get bigger in order to have their effect). As the masses swallow more and more falsehoods, there is an underlying sense of fear and desperation that increases as folks subconciously perceive even through their self-inflicted fog that something is not right. This leads to two problematic issues:

1. Anyone who would dare question the official narrative must be perceived and attacked as a danger because they are a threat to the perception of a stable status quo. To hear the truth becomes more and more painful, therefore those who speak it will be less and less tolerated.
2. The continued increase in psychological dissonance within each person as they struggle to ignore reality and embrace the fabricated narrative places pressure on individual psyches as people strain to hold on to their illusion of a well-ordered world.

The bigger the successive lies, the more the individual needs to believe them in order to maintain their sense of control. Though they may convince themselves on the surface that all is well, deep down each knows that there is something amiss. This knowledge creates a tension that will eventually lead to an emotoinal and psychological break.

At this stage, drugs are employed to ease the symptoms of this dissonance rift, and these drugs in turn make it easier for the benumbed masses to continue to swallow the lies. The cycle will continue until society completely breaks down.

That's how it works.

This came to me as I was pondering the recent story of the news crews rummaging through the hosue of the San Bernadino murderers less than 48 hours after the shooting. I was thinking about how absolutely weird that is, then thought about how many people I know that would attack me for suggesting that there was anything amiss. Why? I asked myself. This is my answer to myself.
edit on 2015 12 05 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I think it's called what you're going through . ...Your eyes are opening to the truth.

Those that have eyes to see , ears to hear.

Hold on as you go through the rabbit hole.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I agree with you word for word.

What scares me, is the lengths that will be taken to ensure there is enough distraction to continue it.

Things are going to get interesting in the coming "awakening". It's inevitable with the information age.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Texcin
I think it's called what you're going through . ...Your eyes are opening to the truth.

Those that have eyes to see , ears to hear.

Hold on as you go through the rabbit hole.

My eyes have been opend for a long time. I'm way the hell the other side of the rabbit hole. I began to see through the lie about ten years ago - before GW's second run for office.

Every component of what I said I've known for a long time. None of this is new to me. It's just coming together in a clearer way.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

What scares me, is the lengths that will be taken to ensure there is enough distraction to continue it.

Things are going to get interesting in the coming "awakening". It's inevitable with the information age.

I wish I could agree with you, but I don't. My point is that most people do not want to be awakened. They have made the choice to believe the lie. They want to believe the lie. They'll keep swallowing their valium and xanax and cymbalta and wellbutrin and they'll keep swallowing the lie until it kills them.

Don't hold your breath for any awakening. It'd take a critical mass to acheive any meaningful awakening and I don't thinkn that humanity has the capacity to reach that critical mass.
edit on 2015 12 05 by incoserv because: i could

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I dont believe awaking is a choice, your time is appointed and it seems to happen in baby steps. 5 people can all see and hear the same stories that open your eyes, but might only affect 2 people outta 5. Who controls what 'influenced ' you to open your eyes but not the others? Why now? Why some 3 weeks later with a different story?
another weird thing is you think your awake and eyes are opened fully to the truth then bammo your eyes just see a little clearer. It seems as though it never ends. We just keep falling further down the rabbit hole where things, life , politics, work just gets curious and curiouser .
How many times in the 10 years of awakening have you been reawkened?

a reply to: incoserv

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: Mandroid7

I wish I could agree with you, but I don't. My point is that most people do not want to be awakened. They have made the choice to believe the lie. They want to believe the lie. They'll keep swallowing their valium and xanax and cymbalta and wellbutrin and they'll keep swallowing the lie until it kills them.

Don't hold your breath for any awakening. It'd take a critical mass to acheive any meaningful awakening and I don't thinkn that humanity has the capacity to reach that critical mass.

I fully agree with you. After 12 years of trying to open some of my friends' and family members' eyes, it has become clear to me that they just refuse to accept what is so clear. Some of these people are very intelligent individuals who USED TO BE much more interested and critical in political and social events. I have watched these people slowly shut down their critical thinking. They actually seem like zombies to me now. They have given up a very important part of being human in return for a sense of security. All this has changed my view on humans drastically. Most are much weaker than I ever imagined, and since they are the huge majority they will take the rest of us down with them.

I actually wonder if they will open their eyes even when the ship finally sinks. Probably not. They will likely just tell themselves that it is only a bad dream.

Whoever is pulling the strings has an excellent understanding of psychology and is waging a psychological war on the masses.

Thanks for the excellent thread!

soulwaxer

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Ummm...I have to agree with your assessment...Not only that however...but the labeling of those who hold a differing opinion as well...which is quickly followed by the ringing endorsement of LAWS stating that whoever challenges or believes differently...will be prosecuted...or otherwise dispatched...

If you can't win the argument on it's merits...then seek and destroy those alternate opinion offenders...OFF with their heads...

Sadly...that's what's being proposed...and laws being written to achieve...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

You nailed it and i bet your thread wont be popular because of that...

Although some call it the information age, it is all but that. It's called the dark age for a reason, because ignorance is so thick that it can no longer be removed just by teaching or listening or experiencing or punishing. It has become a rampant mind disease acting like a parasite and is like bliss for the ego. This is one of the truth that decide who is or not a real truth seeker. Those that cant bear it will deny it. Its not something that needs to be proven. It can be felt and seen everywhere.

Those denying the obvious game, are part of the game.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

Yeah. I gave up trying to convince anybody ages ago. Like you, I see people I've respected, love- cared for just submitted to the lie. It's like watching a horse be broken in the wrong way, leaving its spirit crushed.

That's the whole point.

I do see that some people, some personality types, are more prone to one course or the other, but I don't think that it's beyond our capacity to analyze what we're seeing and make a choice.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

This is one of not only the best thread up this morning, but the best, most insightful post that I've read in long time on the much diminished ATS site.

Blatant evidence to support the truism of the "too big to fail" lie is the simple and plain evidence that earth has been visited by advanced ETs since at least 1947 and even far earlier in human history. This one great lie can be destroyed with mountains of evidence and even thousands of personal experiences over the decades.

Yet, pointed polls show consistently that only about half of the population believe that UFOs are real. --The exact view that the US government has been touting for over half a century simply by saying that alien UFOs can't get here, as Sagan would say.

It is time to look beyond that simple façade of mere words and for the average citizen to look upon the current actions in the world and especially the actions of the controlling Western powers. They are attempting to rearrange world affairs according to what can be recognized as a higher order than humans typically attempt among themselves. Stealth change, done without telling us why they are so united and strongly supporting such changes that will have considerable effects upon the modern world at all levels. To correctly understand the situation, assume that the ETs are here and controlling the issues that typical governments and their very peoples would not willingly bring upon themselves. --Are such changes all for the best? Perhaps so if you are an alien intelligence saddled with bringing this world into some sort of order.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Because it's just too big a stretch to believe that homo sapiens are capable of this level of deception?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
At some point during W's second term the narrative just wasn't adding up. There cama a point where I had to either break my mind and swallow the narrative or break the narrative to keep my mind.

Don't know why I chose this route, but it was clear at some point the there was a choice. I think that at some point most people are challenged with realty; many choose to recoil from it.

I'm surprised at the general reaction the aftermath of this San Bernardino debacle is generating. A lawyer friend of mine who seldom comments on this kind off thing said he watched press conference with the family's lawyers last night and he compared it to an episode of Beavus & Butthead.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
8 unanswered about the SB shootings

The B.S.meters are buzzing?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

This is the strategy used by the Government on man-made climate change, GMO foods and the safety and reliability of vaccines. If you question (not even deny) the official narrative you are labeled a heretic or worse.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I've found the ugly truth is always far uglier than even the biggest cynics can imagine.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

This is the strategy used by the Government on man-made climate change, GMO foods and the safety and reliability of vaccines. If you question (not even deny) the official narrative you are labeled a heretic or worse.

This is the strategy used by the media, government, academia, science falsely so called, big medicine, etc. It is well established and main stream.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

An epiphany shared by many after the lies surrounding 9/11 and the Iraq wars.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Global warming causes global cooling and terrorism, and also causes everything else bad in the world. We must pay higher taxes to save the planet or we are all doomed. The science is settled!

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

S+F

Everyone who disagrees with the narrative is a bigot. Always been that way.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join