It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSF charity reports civilians killed in Syrian hospital barrel-bombing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Doctors Without Borders has accused the Syrian regime of bombing a hospital in a rebel-held part of Homs. The attack comes less than two months after another hospital was bombed by the US, purportedly by accident.

The Syrian government repeatedly barrel-bombed a hospital in a part of Homs province held by rebels seeking to oust embattled President Bashar al-Assad, the humanitarian organization Doctors Without Borders said on Tuesday.
The incident occurred on Saturday, killing at least seven people and wounding around 47 in a hospital.
The organization, which goes by its French initials MSF for "Medicins sans Frontiers", condemned the attack, saying it represented "a level of calculated destruction that can scarcely be imagined."

According to MSF, the first bombing occurred in the town of Zafarana, near Homs, killing two and wounding 16 people. The injured were subsequently taken to a nearby hospital, which was also repeatedly bombed. A young girl was reportedly among those killed.

Deutsche Welle

The Assad regime has committed yet another act of terror against Syrian civilians. This is not propaganda. MSF is a reliable source. They do not take sides in a conflict, just provide humanitarian aid. Just a few weeks ago they reported that the Americans attacked one of their hospitals in Afghanistan. I trust that the ghouls who had to mention that incident in every post will do the same with this one.
edit on 1-12-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The bombardment and the resulting casualties from such an action is abhorrent no matter what side is responsible for it.

There is always a risk to civilians, and a timely reminder to any U.K M.P, who has yet to decide which way to vote tomorrow.

Bombing hospitals is low, very low.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

The Assad regime has committed yet another act of terror against Syrian civilians.

Barrel bombs seem to be their go to weapon in this war. I imagine the outrage on here will be the same as when it happened in Afghanistan.

Doctors without borders don't take anyone's side, as they take injured and have no reason to lie.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

This wasn't a mistake, as you have to almost be right over the target with a barrel bomb...so they knew where they were dropping them.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I have to ask myself what would we say about our respective governments should they ever decide to commit such a blatantly cowardly act? You kind of think to yourself im sure dam lucky that i live in a country where such acts of depravity are long since confined to the annals of history. Then you remember our own governments and regimes are just as bad, they just hide there actions behind proxy wars while selling arms to anyone and everyone with the monies to buy.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

This wasn't a mistake, as you have to almost be right over the target with a barrel bomb...so they knew where they were dropping them.

Not only that, but they then bombed the hospital the wounded were taken to! It's almost as though they were using barrel bombs to take out a particular individual. If this was an intended assassination, it makes the collateral damage from a drone strike look mild.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Almost 400.000 dead Syrians and Asad is still in charge of the country .

Like his father , Asad is murderer of his own people because his own people are really not his own people .
He belongs to specific minority in Syria and all the state security apparatus have always been run by Asad's people .
The stories about the Damascus Dungeons and the acts of Shebiba(sp?) would make a grown man cry his eyes out .

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

None of this makes any sense. Why use crude weapons on a civilian population when they have an advanced airforce protecting their interests?

I smell bullsh#t.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

Like his father , Asad is murderer of his own people because his own people are really not his own people .
He belongs to specific minority in Syria and all the state security apparatus have always been run by Asad's people .
The stories about the Damascus Dungeons and the acts of Shebiba(sp?) would make a grown man cry his eyes out .

Correct. His father came to power through a coup and passed the "presidency" on to his son. That is monarchy, not democracy. The Sunni majority does not even consider the Alawite sect to be Muslims. They are very secretive about their beliefs. They revere Ali, which puts them in the camp of the Twelver Shi'ites, but they apparently have a trinity of prophets that reincarnate over time.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

None of this makes any sense. Why use crude weapons on a civilian population when they have an advanced airforce protecting their interests?

I smell bullsh#t.

Assad has been using crude weapons on civilians since day one. What you smell is Assad's corruption.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I watched an interview with a Syrian woman last night holding her little daughter. She said she left Syria because Assad killed 500 children with chemicals. It was very distressing to hear that. She had not wanted to leave but felt she had to in order to save her daughter's life.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

But this isn't day one. It's year four and technically Assad is the legitimate leader of Syria. On the global stage, he has the moral high ground right now.

Why would he want to screw that up by bombing hospitals?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

I watched an interview with a Syrian woman last night holding her little daughter. She said she left Syria because Assad killed 500 children with chemicals. It was very distressing to hear that. She had not wanted to leave but felt she had to in order to save her daughter's life.

Hmm. I think it's yet to be proven that Assad was responsible for the gas attacks.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Doctors Without Borders has accused the Syrian regime of bombing a hospital in a rebel-held part of Homs. The attack comes less than two months after another hospital was bombed by the US, purportedly by accident.

The Syrian government repeatedly barrel-bombed a hospital in a part of Homs province held by rebels seeking to oust embattled President Bashar al-Assad, the humanitarian organization Doctors Without Borders said on Tuesday.
The incident occurred on Saturday, killing at least seven people and wounding around 47 in a hospital.
The organization, which goes by its French initials MSF for "Medicins sans Frontiers", condemned the attack, saying it represented "a level of calculated destruction that can scarcely be imagined."

According to MSF, the first bombing occurred in the town of Zafarana, near Homs, killing two and wounding 16 people. The injured were subsequently taken to a nearby hospital, which was also repeatedly bombed. A young girl was reportedly among those killed.

Deutsche Welle

The Assad regime has committed yet another act of terror against Syrian civilians. This is not propaganda. MSF is a reliable source. They do not take sides in a conflict, just provide humanitarian aid. Just a few weeks ago they reported that the Americans attacked one of their hospitals in Afghanistan. I trust that the ghouls who had to mention that incident in every post will do the same with this one.

Here is the reality. Many different governments commit such actions in war. Also, you have to realize that Syria is fighting not only an extremely well armed and trained insurgency, in a major civil war, but one that is funded, armed, and trained by an axis of the West and regional allies.

I am not excusing any targeting of civilians, ever. And never will.

Without excusing their "total war" tactics, they have more right to fight total war than let's say the US in Afghanistan.

Also, as you note, the US obviously did the same thing. Furthermore, the US is supporting the rebels in Syria.

Did you know that about half of the deaths in Syria are attributable to the rebels? Something CNN never tells you when they cite the death tolls.

Also, you would have to indict Israel for their targeting of civilian buildings in Palestine too.

This should be a wake up bell for people, that none of these wars are for "freedom, democracy, and human rights," but instead real politick. Propaganda merely primes people to support various wars.

edit on 1-12-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The "bombing a hospital" line has been used in this ongoing scenario soooo many times its getting stale now. The only real bombing of a hospital with any kind of evidence that I can find, is the accidental one by the US forces which they first denied. Assad isn't a moron, he wouldn't be bombing hospitals now he has some big boys fighting in his corner. He doesn't need that kind of publicity. I take anything published that is anti-Assad with a grain of salt unless there is specific verifiable proof since its the agenda to bring him down regardless of the means.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

The more I see your posts on here, the more I give no credibility to any nonsense you utter.

You put the death of 400,000 Syrains on Assad!?

It is remarkable what the media can convince people of, assuming that is how you have such an absurd story to try and pass as fact. Who was it that inevitably got busted for using chemical weapons against the Syrians?? I do remember quite the epic build up of how Assad was this evil monster who committed said atrocity, only to have it confirmed that is was those "moderate" rebels we have funded to overthrow him.

I know people from Syria and the reality is that they have had their backstabbed by many of their neighbors who have facilitated the rise of NATO's secret army, aka Daesh. Throughout the past 5 years they have been armed with the latest tech, given satellite/military intel in order to continue smuggling weapons and mercenaries in to Syria, they take over neighborhoods and slaughter/hold hostage the Syrian population.

Assad with his allies are the only thing that has been helping the Syrian people, regardless of the fairytales you continue to spread.

As for the OP, it is a tragedy if this turns out to be true. As anyone who has learned of the viscious tactics that Daesh employs when they take areas hostage they quite literally use them to the end. I have heard stories of families forced to live in basements while Daesh runs the neighborhood, from people I have spoken with the government does everything they can to minimize civilian casualties, however this is no ordinary war and Daesh is everywhere.

It truly speaks to the courage of the Syrian military after 5 years of this they finally have hope now that Russia has intervened. If the people of Syria were actually against the Assad government, he would have been toppled years ago, the people are against Daesh how is this not obvious?
edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231pmTuesday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
The "bombing a hospital" line has been used in this ongoing scenario soooo many times its getting stale now. The only real bombing of a hospital with any kind of evidence that I can find, is the accidental one by the US forces which they first denied. Assad isn't a moron, he wouldn't be bombing hospitals now he has some big boys fighting in his corner. He doesn't need that kind of publicity. I take anything published that is anti-Assad with a grain of salt unless there is specific verifiable proof since its the agenda to bring him down regardless of the means.
`

Interesting....When MSF reported an attack by American troops in Afghanistan you found them credible. Now the very same organization is reporting an attack by Syrian loyalists in Syria and you suspect an agenda. Why is that? Explain why you think a humanitarian group celebrated for providing medical assistance to all sides in conflicts would suddenly flip-flop and develop an anti-Assad agenda?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Assad with his allies are the only thing that has been helping the Syrian people, regardless of the fairytales you continue to spread.

Could you please explain how Assad was helping his people by destroying not one, but two, hospitals in a particularly horrible fashion? I must emphasize, once again, that this is being reported by the same group that accused the United States of attacking one of their hospitals in Afghanistan. Do you believe that report? If so, why do you not believe this report?
edit on 2-12-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

But this isn't day one. It's year four and technically Assad is the legitimate leader of Syria. On the global stage, he has the moral high ground right now.

Does a legal technicality bestow the moral high ground? Hitler won an election, does that mean that his concentration camps were built on the moral high ground? As you point out, this situation has been going on for four years. He has been using barrel bombs against innocent human beings for four years. Does that sound like the moral high ground to you? The only people on the global stage who thinks Assad has the moral high ground are people who have been foolish enough to believe Russian and Iranian propaganda.

Why would he want to screw that up by bombing hospitals?

In for a penny, in for a pound.

new topics

top topics

join