It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese catamaran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
The Chinese catamaran:

Displacement: 3000 tonnes standard, loaded
Propulsion: Chinese subsea jetpropulsion of which four minor ones present (minor compared to the ones on the supercarriers)
Flank speed in excess of 70 knots
Full speed at trial: 68 knots
Hull is starseed. Propulsion is known to cause wake in excess of 400 meters.
Armament:

14 cruiser type anti ship harpoons capable of penetration, Bessemer, 680mm. ( Chinese trial)
16 air to surface (know that sounds strange) missiles that can penetrate deck of John F Kennedy without concern. Jfk being the one undergoing refit at York.
Warhead of the surface to surface harpoon is nuclear - mininuke. Devastates any ship hit. (real life situation)
Warhead of air to surface missiles is same.

Weakness: blow it out of water with msg1416.

Known capability: to traverse land as giant supertank. It is literally Chinese army unit on water...
edit on 1-12-2015 by FredrikV because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2015 by FredrikV because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: FredrikV

Is there any need to create a thread just for this? There are many websites with various countries weaponry statistics. You need a little more information and your opinion in your OP than just list weaponry stats otherwise your thread will die an early death.

Just some friendly advice

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Wow, if you don't even know that the JFK has been retired since 2007, and was an Operational Reserve Carrier from 1995, and that no US carriers undergo refit at York, then how can anything you say be taken seriously?
edit on 12/1/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Fish in a barrel. Bring it on.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Why is it at times like this i see Zaph something like this

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Man the Life Boats! Boots and Life Vests are inadequate for the amount of BS in the OP!

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredrikV

So it can be destroyed with MSG, huh?

All we have to do is cover it in Chinese take out and it will sink...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It's because the OP's first language isn't
English. His word usage indicates familiarity
With symbolic or item-descriptive written
languages rather than Latin-based languages.
I.e. Chinese Big-5, Katakana, Sanskrit, Arabic, etc

Just a reasonably educated guess and
Mild HumInt observation...

edit on 2015/12/1 by StargateSG7 because: sp

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: StargateSG7

So because he's ESL that excuses the fact that he doesn't know that a carrier was retired 8 years ago, and that overhauls aren't done in York?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Pics or it didn't happen......

My fav' ATS quote!! Lol

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

So it can be destroyed with MSG, huh?

All we have to do is cover it in Chinese take out and it will sink...

Special fired rice should do it.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

and no links.....

HuH...

yeah I think were probably ok lol

Known capability: to traverse land as giant supertank. It is literally Chinese army unit on water...

tried to look up info and pics on this and I see nothing that substantiates this claim at all
edit on 12/1/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

and no links.....

HuH...

yeah I think were probably ok lol

tried to look up info and pics on this and I see nothing that substantiates this claim at all

C'mon now the Op gave a perfect description of the vehicle, it should have been easy to find.......

(post by StargateSG7 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Chinese agents suck at scaring people......could at least have made it look like a T-rex or Megalodon....

Having said that the Japanese may have thought the Megalodon looks like a whale and killed it causing an international incident......

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org... i believe the OP was talking about these or the type 22 missile boats they use to patrol their coasts (brown water navy vs blue)

www.popsci.com... could be this "spy ship"

16 "232" Catamaran Spy Ship This Chinese catamaran ocean surveillance and research ship, numbered "232", was intercepted by a Japanese P-3C Orion on September 27, roughly 260 kilometers northwest of Okinawa Island. mil.huanqiu.com A Chinese website reported that a JSDMF P-3C maritime patrol aircraft, on September 27, tracked a catamaran ocean hydrographic spy ship 260 kilometers northwest of Okinawa. Given its gray color scheme, the catamaran, numbered "232", is likely to be operated directly by the People's Liberation Army Navy. It is likely that the 232 was conducting an oceangraphic survey of the East China Sea around Okinawa, as well as possibly listening for any American or Japanese submarines operating in those waters. The as yet unnamed class of ships the 232 belongs to was first launched in 2011, hull number 429 was built at the Huangpu Shipyard. "429", the first This catamaran, "429", is apparently the first of the class of spy ships that the "232" also belongs to. 429 was first launched in 2011, around the time that several other Chinese ASW systems like the Y-8Q patrol aircraft and towed array sonars for the Type 056 corvette, were also gestating. Xinhui via China Defense Forum The 232, like the older "992" spy ship and the Type 022 stealth missile boats, is a Small Waterplane Area Twin Hull (SWATH) type of catamaran, meaning that its two hulls are much wider under the water than at the waterline (think of a boat lying on top of two submarines). Compared to traditional catamarans mounted on two conventional hulls, the SWATH design offers greater stability. The 232 is about 55 meters long, and roughly 20 meters wide. This would place its displacement at about 2000-2500 tons, which is smaller than the 5300 ton USNS Impeccable (which itself was involved in an argument with Chinese maritime law enforcement boats in 2009.
so seems they have a thing for catamarans

www.afcea.org... more info on one of their types of catamarans (type 22)

www.youtube.com... youtube of the type 22

so at least we know what the op was talking about now

www.janes.com... tiawans equvilent seems catamarans are all the rage in asia

www.janes.com... wonder if tiawan is coming up with these in response to chinese build ups
edit on 1-12-2015 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Could have just said.....remember the stealth boat from tomorrow never dies....it looks like that.

....while making that comment I remembered the premise of the film was to cause an incident to kick off the NWO.
....Specifically uses the words New World Order.....

Just thought I'd throw that in.
edit on 1-12-2015 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

yeah i forot about that movie!

it seems they are hedging their bets on the "salvo" approach which may work against smaller nations with out an airforce but as pretty much all the links i posted said historically "missile boats" tend to fair not so well against aircraft (something the west tends to have a lot of) and submarines (which the west seems to have a good deal of as well) but at 14 million a peice they can probally build 50 for ever arliegh burke cruiser we have (no idea if this is accurate just a guess on the burke cost)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

So because he's ESL that excuses the fact that he doesn't know that a carrier was retired 8 years ago, and that overhauls aren't done in York?

Since an earlier version of my post seems to have
been remove due to a a rather sarcastic remark,
I'll have to change the question to:

Is the OP having a fit of:

"All Your Base Belong To Us..."

I'm not mocking the cultural aspect of the OP
because I know first hand how hard English
is to learn.

You try and translate this example:

"I Ran Out Of Ink in my Pen"

on a LITERAL BASIS and the
resulting imagery is quite disturbing
to Non-Native English Speakers.

i.e. LITERAL TRANSLATION TO:

"I was was standing in a puddle of Ink inside
of a pen, jumped out of it and then ran away"

Talk about a hard language to learn....

---

Anyways, the OP with his poor English is trying
to indicate that the rather large and COMPETENT
Military Might of the USA is utterly defenceless
against a teeny, tiny catamaran which could be
OBLITERATED by single SubRoc fired from a sub.
edit on 2015/12/1 by StargateSG7 because: sp

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Hull is starseed. Propulsion is known to cause wake in excess of 400 meters.

What is starseed? The 400 meter wake, is it 400 meters high, 400 meters wide, or 400 meters long?

Giant supertank. That sounds formidable. How does it move on land? Does it have tracks? Is it a hovercraft?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join